MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has never been reported that LE searched his outbuildings with him. Than again, you have already posted that Jacob is deceased, so maybe you're privy to information that some of us aren't.

I am confused.

Some DR quotes are considered the truth of what happened.

But this one where he searched the out buildings is not considered true? Why is that?

You can prove that the abductor knew that the driveway wasn't a road? It seems Kevin even made that mistake.

Its super obvious because only one vehicle fits within its parameters. With no mininum maintence road sign, it could only be a driveway.

You can prove that the abductor knew that the driveway wasn't a road? It seems Kevin even made that mistake.

Well, I am going by the idea that it is the same person who came in the afternoon.

That is what DR said, so if we are choosing to believe him, I am stuck with the idea that the person noticed the first time that it is not a road

And if that determination was made by the abductor, than it was a much better location to park their vehicle as opposed to leaving it on the side of 91st Ave (IMO).

Well, I am going by the idea that it is the same person who came in the afternoon.

That is what DR said, so if we are choosing to believe him, I am stuck with the idea that the person noticed the first time that it is not a road

You must be confused. Sasquatch321 is insinuating that LE searched the outbuilding with him. DR has always stated that he searched them alone. If you need further clarification on my assertion that DR searched the outbuildings that evening w/o LE's assistance I'm afraid I have no way of conveying that to you.

I am confused.

Some DR quotes are considered the truth of what happened.

But this one where he searched the out buildings is not considered true? Why is that?

You must be confused. Sasquatch321 is insinuating that LE searched the outbuilding with him. DR has always stated that he searched them alone. If you need further clarification on my assertion that DR searched the outbuildings that evening w/o LE's assistance I'm afraid I have no way of conveying that to you.

Why would he do that alone while also just having seen a vehicle drive through and leave? Did it ever dawn on him while he was searching that the car that came through and left without stopping might be key? He searched alone, didnt find anything, and withouy further talking to anyone, he walks into his house and goes to bed, that is what your saying?

When Dan learns this information, he does NOT go back to bed. He got dressed, grabbed a flashlight, and went outside to see if he could help. I asked him if he talked to any of the police officers that night and he said, “Yes, I spoke to an officer on the road, up the hill. I didn’t know who he was for 23 years.” He explains that it was just last December when he went in to the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department to request to look at the affidavit they used to execute the search warrant in 2010. He spoke to Sheriff’s Deputy Bruce Bechtold who told Dan he was the officer he had spoken to on the road that night. He remembered seeing Dan walking up the hill with a flashlight in hand. (This was never reported before, and proves that Dan was, indeed, home that night.) They speak briefly, and Dan offers to search the outbuildings on his property.
He heads back down the road/driveway and searches the outbuildings. Every one of them. You would think there would be cops everywhere, but Dan said there were not. A helicopter was searching the woods and fields around his house, but as far as he knows, there were no cops who came down into the yard all night… just the few up by the woodpile earlier.
http://www.joybaker.com/2013/02/23/dans-story-2/

Why would he do that alone while also just having seen a vehicle drive through and leave? Did it ever dawn on him while he was searching that the car that came through and left without stopping might be key? He searched alone, didnt find anything, and withouy further talking to anyone, he walks into his house and goes to bed, that is what your saying?

Here's another important piece of information gathered from the blog interview.

"He spoke to Sheriff’s Deputy Bruce Bechtold who told Dan he was the officer he had spoken to on the road that night. He remembered seeing Dan walking up the hill with a flashlight in hand."

This indicates that their is a grade going UP HILL from the Rassier farm. I would like to know how steep this hill is. If it's so steep that you can't see 91st from the house, this would rule out completely that Dan saw flashlights bobbing on the road from the farm.

And if that determination was made by the abductor, than it was a much better location to park their vehicle as opposed to leaving it on the side of 91st Ave (IMO).

Driving up all the way to a farmhouse where there are people and a dog?

Why not park and do a turn where you are now facing out? Even I can do that on a little driveway.

Who knows what could be happening at that farmhouse on a beautiful fall night?

I did not get the impression whatsoever that LE and DR searched buildings together. I always felt he "searched" them alone. How convenient!

Convenient for who? Did DR state to LE that they could not search his property? Why is it on DR that inept police work is his burden to carry for searching the property alone?

I did not get the impression whatsoever that LE and DR searched buildings together. I always felt he "searched" them alone. How convenient!

Because the abductor happened upon them biking along and was out looking for the other victims he was stalking (IMO). It's my belief that Jacob/Trevor/Aaron were never the intended target.

The abductor was hanging out at the Tom Thumb when a group of boys came walking in. Knowing that children lived down 91st from stalking them prior, he hurried his vehicle down where he had seen them before, and parked it on DR's driveway, not having the time to do a 3 point turnaround. All IMO of course.

Driving up all the way to a farmhouse where there are people and a dog?

Why not park and do a turn where you are now facing out? Even I can do that on a little driveway.

Who knows what could be happening at that farmhouse on a beautiful fall night?

Here's another important piece of information gathered from the blog interview.

"He spoke to Sheriff’s Deputy Bruce Bechtold who told Dan he was the officer he had spoken to on the road that night. He remembered seeing Dan walking up the hill with a flashlight in hand."

This indicates that their is a grade going UP HILL from the Rassier farm. I would like to know how steep this hill is. If it's so steep that you can't see 91st from the house, this would rule out completely that Dan saw flashlights bobbing on the road from the farm.

Interesting, but DR could have been anywhere on the property or in the road or across the street.

There is no rule that makes him be in his house

That's not the same belief as Sasquatch321.

No, but really what would he be doing 1/4 up his property at 9:15pm. I'm inclined to believe he was sorting through his record collection, rather than be scouting for potential victims 1/4 from his house in the middle of the night.

Interesting, but DR could have been anywhere on the property or in the road or across the street.

There is no rule that makes him be in his house

Convenient for who? Did DR state to LE that they could not search his property? Why is it on DR that inept police work is his burden to carry for searching the property alone?

Convenient in that he can clear the building even though the building may contain horrors.

We can look at LE today and think they screwed up with DR, but at the time, people thought DR was beyond reproach. In Kyron Horman's case, LE asked people to search their properties. Is that ineptitude on LE's part in Oregon?

It is only because DR is named as POI that we are concerned that DR searched. Until then, people probably would have had no issues with it

When Dan learns this information, he does NOT go back to bed. He got dressed, grabbed a flashlight, and went outside to see if he could help. I asked him if he talked to any of the police officers that night and he said, “Yes, I spoke to an officer on the road, up the hill. I didn’t know who he was for 23 years.” He explains that it was just last December when he went in to the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department to request to look at the affidavit they used to execute the search warrant in 2010. He spoke to Sheriff’s Deputy Bruce Bechtold who told Dan he was the officer he had spoken to on the road that night. He remembered seeing Dan walking up the hill with a flashlight in hand. (This was never reported before, and proves that Dan was, indeed, home that night.) They speak briefly, and Dan offers to search the outbuildings on his property.
He heads back down the road/driveway and searches the outbuildings. Every one of them. You would think there would be cops everywhere, but Dan said there were not. A helicopter was searching the woods and fields around his house, but as far as he knows, there were no cops who came down into the yard all night… just the few up by the woodpile earlier.

This is all unreliable because it is what Dan told Joy trying to get his name cleared.

No, but really what would he be doing 1/4 up his property at 9:15pm. I'm inclined to believe he was sorting through his record collection, rather than be scouting for potential victims 1/4 from his house in the middle of the night.

I am not thinking that is what he was doing at all. I am thinking an athlete would be out enjoying the evening. Exercising after dinner is really important. It is obvious DR has been into exercise for a long time.

90% turns are very common on rural country roads. Most plots are squared off.

And you are factually incorrect on stating cars were bigger then. The LTD Crown Victoria was smaller dimensionally than the Gen1 cars.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/crown-victoria/2009/features-specs.html
http://www.automobile-catalog.com/auta_details1.php

Cars were bigger then, but what does that have to do with the size of the driveway?

You have said that the driveway was "grated". I think you mean graded. What difference does that make to anything? Our roads where I live are graded three times a year. It makes them hard to walk on after the grading until the rocks settle in.

Two cars can pass, I imagine, on that driveway, but it is tight. The driveway is a sharp 90 degree turn. Who thinks a road goes like that? Not even me.

Most long distance runners that I know do not go for multiple runs a day. They're bodies need to recover, and I doubt he would be out stretching at the end of the driveway.

I am not thinking that is what he was doing at all. I am thinking an athlete would be out enjoying the evening. Exercising after dinner is really important. It is obvious DR has been into exercise for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina