MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unreliable because as a proponent of Dan's guilt, you deem it as such. I guess that leaves all other speculation on Dan's guilt unreliable because it's just that, speculation by forum members.

This is all unreliable because it is what Dan told Joy trying to get his name cleared.

Here's another important piece of information gathered from the blog interview.

"He spoke to Sheriff’s Deputy Bruce Bechtold who told Dan he was the officer he had spoken to on the road that night. He remembered seeing Dan walking up the hill with a flashlight in hand."
http://www.joybaker.com/2013/02/23/dans-story-2/

This indicates that their is a grade going UP HILL from the Rassier farm. I would like to know how steep this hill is. If it's so steep that you can't see 91st from the house, this would rule out completely that Dan saw flashlights bobbing on the road from the farm.

Dan has stated he was up on the 2nd story of his house when he saw the flashlights by the wood pile. So, IMO, he could see the road from up there also. For proof of that, in this video, when he is standing to the south of the house on the ground and they pan the camera, you can see way across the field that is across 91st. But when he is standing on the deck on the west side there seems to be more of a slope up into the woods. But since we can see across the road from where they are standing on the ground, he could have certainly seen across and down the road from the second story, IMO.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/
Since you are local, you could just go out there and look for yourself to confirm this.

Because the abductor happened upon them biking along and was out looking for the other victims he was stalking (IMO). It's my belief that Jacob/Trevor/Aaron were never the intended target.

The abductor was hanging out at the Tom Thumb when a group of boys came walking in. Knowing that children lived down 91st from stalking them prior, he hurried his vehicle down where he had seen them before, and parked it on DR's driveway, not having the time to do a 3 point turnaround. All IMO of course.

So where were this abductor's tire tracks?? Directly under Kevin's tracks the entire way??

90% turns are very common on rural country roads. Most plots are squared off.

And you are factually incorrect on stating cars were bigger then. The LTD Crown Victoria was smaller dimensionally than the Gen1 cars.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/crown-victoria/2009/features-specs.html
http://www.automobile-catalog.com/auta_details1.php

That is true. They are often 99 degree turns, but there is a stop sign or a road sign or something to indicate it is a road. A junction sign.

The road kept going straight there. Why would anyone think it was a road instead of a driveway? I have lived in the country for over 30 years. I cannot imagine thinking a driveway is a road especially when I am driving on an actual road.

Most long distance runners that I know do not go for multiple runs a day. They're bodies need to recover, and I doubt he would be out stretching at the end of the driveway.

No after dinner walk? Not good on the body to not exercise after dinner.

FindTim, Dan Rassier had information regarding 2 suspicious cars that turned around in his driveway and did not mention it to the 911 operator or the cops the night of the abduction. Why would he wait to share that information? Conveniently he mentions it the next day in order to draw attention away from himself. He even acknowledges the color and type of car Kevin drove but says it was there earlier in the day.

A teacher who teaches boys the same age as Jacob does not think that information about strange cars in his driveway the moment Jacob is abducted is relevant nor does he have a problem going right back to sleep after his 'search.'

Most long distance runners that I know do not go for multiple runs a day. They're bodies need to recover, and I doubt he would be out stretching at the end of the driveway.

I agree, runners don't typically run more than once daily. I think it's interesting though, that DR, according to his own account, went for such a short run. The jog he describes couldn't be more than a couple of miles. Seems short.

I could post hundreds if not thousands of rural roads that make a 90% turn w/o the aid of a sign. I've lived in rural Stearns County for nearly 40 years, and traveled extensively through the county for work. If needed I can post accompanying photos.

That is true. They are often 99 degree turns, but there is a stop sign or a road sign or something to indicate it is a road. A junction sign.

The road kept going straight there. Why would anyone think it was a road instead of a driveway? I have lived in the country for over 30 years. I cannot imagine thinking a driveway is a road especially when I am driving on an actual road.

Hasn't he been quoted as saying that he believes whomever drove the afternoon car also drove the evening car?

I don't think he has said that specifically. If he thinks that, I think it's extremely odd that he pointed out that the afternoon driver was the perpetrator. It makes zero sense.

And, if both cars were the same driver, then why on earth wouldn't he turn around at the end of the driveway that second time??? Makes no sense to risk driving all the way back after abducting a child. The risk of being caught would be much greater.

Perhaps, though we do not know how far he ran the accompanying days before or was planning on running after October 22nd. He may have put in a longer run the day before and only ran a shorter distance that day to keep things loose.

I agree, runners don't typically run more than once daily. I think it's interesting though, that DR, according to his own account, went for such a short run. The jog he describes couldn't be more than a couple of miles. Seems short.

Read post #301.

I don't think he has said that specifically. If he thinks that, I think it's extremely odd that he pointed out that the afternoon drivers was the perpetrator. It makes zero sense.

And, if both cars were the same driver, then why on earth wouldn't he turn around at the end of the driveway that second time??? Makes no sense to risk driving all the way back after abducting a child. The risk of being caught would be much greater.

You stand corrected.

"However, if he’s telling the truth, then what has law enforcement done with the eyewitness testimony he has given? He saw two cars that day. His theory is that whoever was driving the first car was also driving the second car". http://www.joybaker.com/?s=Rassier,+two+cars

I don't think he has said that specifically. If he thinks that, I think it's extremely odd that he pointed out that the afternoon drivers was the perpetrator. It makes zero sense.

Ok, so let's go with Dan's own words that he has repeated in each interview. He told 911 operator there were people with flashlights by his woodpile and thought they may be stealing. He was then told about the abduction at the end of the driveway. He hung up and went out to speak to cops who told him the same thing. He told cops he would go search his own outbuildings.

He did not once mention the small dark car with it's small passenger that came through the driveway at almost EXACTLY the time of the abduction OR the tan Monte Carlo that tore through in the afternoon that he has said 'find that car and you have your kidnapper.' He didn't mention any cars coming through, why? Why did he not give cops key evidence, FindTim? These are the words he uses in EVERY interview and never mentioned these other cars in the driveway.

There is an article, I will try to locate it, where DR says the things he saw the previous day coalesced in his mind as pointing the way to solving the crime. That article states he didn't become aware of the abduction until the next day (could be an error by the journalists). In the same article he says he didn't want to tip off any guilty of the abduction. But, he willingly shared the information with investigators.

That's all very odd, IMO.

I could post hundreds if not thousands of rural roads that make a 90% turn w/o the aid of a sign. I've lived in rural Stearns County for nearly 40 years, and traveled extensively through the county for work. If needed I can post accompanying photos.

Where two roads intersect, theorectically like with the R driveway and the real road? No indication with two actual roads?

I am nothing in terms of an athlete and I often walk 6 miles a day. Two miles a day and I feel like a loser

You stand corrected.

"However, if he’s telling the truth, then what has law enforcement done with the eyewitness testimony he has given? He saw two cars that day. His theory is that whoever was driving the first car was also driving the second car". http://www.joybaker.com/?s=Rassier,+two+cars

Is he an eyewitness? I think he is a POI. That is a bit different

Read post #301.

I read it, but it doesn't add up. If the abductor was that stupid he could have never hidden the crime all this time. To turn around at the end of the driveway would take ten seconds at most, driving all the way back, after knowing it's not a road, would take at least 30 seconds, maybe more. By DRs own account, the night car was not going as fast as the day car.

I read it, but it doesn't add up. If the abductor was that stupid he could have never hidden the crime all this time. To turn around at the end of the driveway would take ten seconds at most, driving all the way back, after knowing it's not a road, would take at least 30 seconds, maybe more. By DRs own account, the night car was not going as fast as the day car.

Annnnnnnnnd...... Where are the tracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member