MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does add up, because abducting someone where you can't see both ways for a long duration is stupid. Based on the photo provided by Sasquatch, the abductor could have been meer seconds from being exploited by a vehicle driving by. Like I said, this wasn't well planned out, but a stop and grab, which is exactly what happened to Jared.

I read it, but it doesn't add up. If the abductor was that stupid he could have never hidden the crime all this time. To turn around at the end of the driveway would take ten seconds at most, driving all the way back, after knowing it's not a road, would take at least 30 seconds, maybe more. By DRs own account, the night car was not going as fast as the day car.

He wasn't a POI in 1989 when he agreed to Lie Detector Tests, Hypnosis and rounds and rounds of questioning. It seems LE was more than happy to take his eyewitness accounts then. You can't have it both ways.

Is he an eyewitness? I think he is a POI. That is a bit different

I don't know how they can confirm what tires Kevin had on his vehicle 15 years later. Does he still own the vehicle? I highly doubt he was running stock tread on a Grand Prix. Circa 1989 I would imagine this car would be jacked up in the rear and running a larger G-Series tire. I would like to see an actual image of the car Kevin owned that day.

And HUMAN, why is it weird for two cars to drive all the way up the driveway to turn around when Kevin has already admitted as much that he did just that?

Aren't those supposedly Kevin's tracks?

I don't know how they can confirm what tires Kevin had on his vehicle 15 years later. Does he still own the vehicle? I highly doubt he was running stock tread on a Grand Prix. Circa 1989 I would imagine this car would be jacked up in the rear and running a larger G-Series tire. I would like to see an actual image of the car Kevin owned that day.

And HUMAN, why is it weird for two cars to drive all the way up the driveway to turn around when Kevin has already admitted as much that he did just that?

Actually that's three cars if DRs story is to be believed. He says he didn't see Kevin. Kevin's car was not one of the two that he saw. And yes, that's extremely unusual, even supported by DRs own quote in the newspaper. "It caught my attention because it's unusual for a car to be out here at that time"

He wasn't a POI in 1989 when he agreed to Lie Detector Tests, Hypnosis and rounds and rounds of questioning. It seems LE was more than happy to take his eyewitness accounts then. You can't have it both ways.

When did he take those lie detector tests? And LE knew how many missing tire tracks there were. One. Which eventually turned out to be Kevin's.

We have no idea what LE thought up until the big reveal.

Who says it is weird? Just IMPOSSIBLE because there are no more unaccounted tracks.

And how do you have the faintest clue what Kevin was driving?

You ask for links which are provided.

I would like to see links for what you are saying, please.

All of this speculation and conjecture about what is in the investigative record, is pointless. Everyone currently involved in the investigation is privy to it. What Sheriff Sanner wants released will be released. It all may come out eventually. In the meantime, speculating about something when all the while, someone sitting in the background has all of the facts, is an exercise in futility.

I'm a lot more interested in other incidence of abduction of young boys or possible attempts.

From what I have learned, the "snatch and grab" type sexual molestation of young boys is quite rare now but it was probably more common before 1990. Statistics don't differentiate between them and the "seduction" type that usually occurs within families. The boys rarely suffered serious injury and LE did not consider it a major crime. In the rare situation where the boys were killed, it was usually a result of panic or otherwise unplanned. Occasionally it was a situation of a sexual sadist. These often did become "high profile" highly publicised cases. Some victims whose bodies were never found were probably written off as "runaways". Back then, crime against children, especially boys from lower social classes, were not a serious concern.

Now, it is generally understood that most men who sexually abuse boys have a long history, not necessarily criminal, of inappropriate behavior towards young boys. Back in 1989, I'm sure many in Law Enforcement considered any homosexual a potential child molester. In reality, while some convicted pedophiles do identify as "gay", many do not and some are married and and appear perfectly normal. Pedophilia however, is not a tendency that comes and goes. Actions and behavior may change, but the underlying sexual urges do not.

There is a saying amongst Cold Case investigators that the answer is "in the box" with the box being the case file and all collected evidence. A lot of the time this means re-checking people who were earlier cleared. I don't know if DR was "in the box" but anyone who was ever a suspect in any of the other attacks on boys in the area either is or should have been "in the box" There are also men from the area who were later convicted of sex crimes against young boys. This information might be hard to find if they left the State.

If JW's case was a regular "snatch and grab" that went bad, it is very likely the perp never did it again. Serial criminals will often "get out of the business" when they have a close call or something goes very wrong. I wonder if there were any crimes like that in the area after JW's case. (do locals know). If JW was the last of them for a long while, I would consider this evidence that the earlier ones were connected.

If JW's case was a sexual sadist, he very likely offended again. This crime would appear to be completely successful, particularly if the perp never became a subject of the investigation. There have been some \murders or abductions of young boys in the upper mid-west and many throughout the country since 1989. Has someone checked out men who lived in the St Cloud area in 1989 who later moved to areas where similar crimes occurred?

Whoever took, and presumably killed, Jacob was almost certainly a pedophile. That means he displayed certain tendencies before 10/89 and after that he may have tried very hard to conceal. Somewhere in all of this, a connection might be made. Joy Baker has kickstarted this thing in the right direction.

<modsnip>

Kevin drove a Grand Prix.

Who says it is weird? Just IMPOSSIBLE because there are no more unaccounted tracks.

And how do you have the faintest clue what Kevin was driving?

You ask for links which are provided.

I would like to see links for what you are saying, please.

This has been posted numerous times on the board. Use the search function....

When did he take those lie detector tests? And LE knew how many missing tire tracks there were. One. Which eventually turned out to be Kevin's.

We have no idea what LE thought up until the big reveal.

Excellent post and well laid out Kemo! Agree 100%

All of this speculation and conjecture about what is in the investigative record, is pointless. Everyone currently involved in the investigation is privy to it. What Sheriff Sanner wants released will be released. It all may come out eventually. In the meantime, speculating about something when all the while, someone sitting in the background has all of the facts, is an exercise in futility.

I'm a lot more interested in other incidence of abduction of young boys or possible attempts.

From what I have learned, the "snatch and grab" type sexual molestation of young boys is quite rare now but it was probably more common before 1990. Statistics don't differentiate between them and the "seduction" type that usually occurs within families. The boys rarely suffered serious injury and LE did not consider it a major crime. In the rare situation where the boys were killed, it was usually a result of panic or otherwise unplanned. Occasionally it was a situation of a sexual sadist. These often did become "high profile" highly publicised cases. Some victims whose bodies were never found were probably written off as "runaways". Back then, crime against children, especially boys from lower social classes, were not a serious concern.

Now, it is generally understood that most men who sexually abuse boys have a long history, not necessarily criminal, of inappropriate behavior towards young boys. Back in 1989, I'm sure many in Law Enforcement considered any homosexual a potential child molester. In reality, while some convicted pedophiles do identify as "gay", many do not and some are married and and appear perfectly normal. Pedophilia however, is not a tendency that comes and goes. Actions and behavior may change, but the underlying sexual urges do not.

There is a saying amongst Cold Case investigators that the answer is "in the box" with the box being the case file and all collected evidence. A lot of the time this means re-checking people who were earlier cleared. I don't know if DR was "in the box" but anyone who was ever a suspect in any of the other attacks on boys in the area either is or should have been "in the box" There are also men from the area who were later convicted of sex crimes against young boys. This information might be hard to find if they left the State.

If JW's case was a regular "snatch and grab" that went bad, it is very likely the perp never did it again. Serial criminals will often "get out of the business" when they have a close call or something goes very wrong. I wonder if there were any crimes like that in the area after JW's case. (do locals know). If JW was the last of them for a long while, I would consider this evidence that the earlier ones were connected.

If JW's case was a sexual sadist, he very likely offended again. This crime would appear to be completely successful, particularly if the perp never became a subject of the investigation. There have been some \murders or abductions of young boys in the upper mid-west and many throughout the country since 1989. Has someone checked out men who lived in the St Cloud area in 1989 who later moved to areas where similar crimes occurred?

Whoever took, and presumably killed, Jacob was almost certainly a pedophile. That means he displayed certain tendencies before 10/89 and after that he may have tried very hard to conceal. Somewhere in all of this, a connection might be made. Joy Baker has kickstarted this thing in the right direction.

I am nothing in terms of an athlete and I often walk 6 miles a day. Two miles a day and I feel like a loser

DR had run the TC Marathon 15 days earlier, so running at a highly reduced volume/intensity wouldn't be unusual. 2-4 mile runs are a typical at that point in the recovery phase (some even rest entirely) and two-a-days aren't common. The risk of injury is high.

Dan has stated he was up on the 2nd story of his house when he saw the flashlights by the wood pile. So, IMO, he could see the road from up there also. For proof of that, in this video, when he is standing to the south of the house on the ground and they pan the camera, you can see way across the field that is across 91st. But when he is standing on the deck on the west side there seems to be more of a slope up into the woods. But since we can see across the road from where they are standing on the ground, he could have certainly seen across and down the road from the second story, IMO.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/
Since you are local, you could just go out there and look for yourself to confirm this.

I recommend watching the video that shergal linked above. There are so many great views of the farm, the terrain, the view to 91st, etc.

This has been posted numerous times on the board. Use the search function....

Exactly, He never specified when he took the Lie detector tests, did he.

Nor is it specified if he passed or not,

The DNA means nothing as no one knows where Jacob is. Just the perp and maybe someone else that we do not know of

If you trust LE's account for what happened that evening. Lets remember how terrible of a job LE did on the Ryan Larson case. It's not uncommon around here for LE and Sheriff Sanner to totally botch a case and name people POI's who shouldn't be. http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/...r_decker_murder_wanted_for_stalking_ex-gf.php

It appears that a lot of people feel Ryan should be in prison. Maybe that should be the topic of a thread if you feel that there could be some evidence against him that has not come out

It was not Kevin's car, it was his girlfriend's car. I guess they took Kevin's word for what kind of tires she had back in 1989, just like they took DR's word for all that he says he saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina