MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how far it is from Jacob's house to the College of St. Benedict?

Approximately 2.5 miles if you go around by roads. If you go across land walking, probably less than a mile.

Photo below is from mapquest with these 2 addresses:
(A) 29422 Kiwi Court, St. Joseph, MN (Wetterlings) and (B) St. Benedicts College on Minnesota Street.

Map_St_Bens.jpg

http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/Map_St_Bens.jpg

Can we assume the park nearby was thoroughly searched?

Nothing would have led them that way as Jacobs footprints went the opposite direction down Rassiers driveway. I would imagine though either teams of people on foot, atv's, horses went through there at some point.

Can we assume the park nearby was thoroughly searched?

What is Klinefelter Park now, was a swamp and the party spot in the woods back then. My former co-worker friend who lived in St. Joe and took part in searches said they searched all areas on foot and on horseback - except deep swamp that no one could have gone into. (This was when they were searching to the south, but I'm sure it applied to this swamp also.) I know they searched the Sauk River to the East of DR's farm. I never really heard of them dredging that swamp, but they may have. They had National Guard out there searching, it would be interesting to see records of all areas that were searched.

The two searches my friend went on were from South of the abduction spot all the way to Cold Spring, and East of the abduction spot all the way to Mill's Fleet. (A long way!)

What is Klinefelter Park now, was a swamp and the party spot in the woods back then. My former co-worker friend who lived in St. Joe and took part in searches said they searched all areas on foot and on horseback - except deep swamp that no one could have gone into. (This was when they were searching to the south, but I'm sure it applied to this swamp also.) I know they searched the Sauk River to the East of DR's farm. I never really heard of them dredging that swamp, but they may have. They had National Guard out there searching, it would be interesting to see records of all areas that were searched.

The two searches my friend went on were from South of the abduction spot all the way to Cold Spring, and East of the abduction spot all the way to Mill's Fleet. (A long way!)

Is it likely that the search to cold spring was to search the ditches and area of DRs most likely route to work?

A swamp is a difficult place to search depending on the composition. Wet mud is the worst as searchers can get stuck in it. From the point of hiding a body, it's great as most search teams usually just skirt the outer edges.

At the risk of jumping the shark here, what if -- through conversations here and there with DR, a monk knew about the Wetterling boys. The monk, though on "restriction" continues to go wherever he pleases. If his cohorts can't find him, he can always say he was out in one of the vast acres of the abbey grounds counting loons or monitoring swamp restoration etc etc. Then again, no one would probably ask him where he was because "don't ask don't tell." To continue, he gets word that the boys are out on their bikes in the dark. He cruises over and parks his non descript car in a strategic but hidden spot. He walks to where he knows the boys will pass and hides. He verifies which one is Jacob (by age) and pulls him out into the woods to the car and from there -- out to one of the cabins or other hidden locations at the abbey. Who was in charge of the incinerator that night? Was it the same person who was in charge of it the night JG went missing?

At the risk of jumping the shark here, what if -- through conversations here and there with DR, a monk knew about the Wetterling boys. The monk, though on "restriction" continues to go wherever he pleases. If his cohorts can't find him, he can always say he was out in one of the vast acres of the abbey grounds counting loons or monitoring swamp restoration etc etc. Then again, no one would probably ask him where he was because "don't ask don't tell." To continue, he gets word that the boys are out on their bikes in the dark. He cruises over and parks his non descript car in a strategic but hidden spot. He walks to where he knows the boys will pass and hides. He verifies which one is Jacob (by age) and pulls him out into the woods to the car and from there -- out to one of the cabins or other hidden locations at the abbey. Who was in charge of the incinerator that night? Was it the same person who was in charge of it the night JG went missing?

For the first 15 years of this investigation the public was told a white van may have been involved, do the monks possibly travel in groups using a white van?

For the first 15 years of this investigation the public was told a white van may have been involved, do the monks possibly travel in groups using a white van?

The white van was eliminated.

But there was a tan van with a younger guy with bangs and glasses that was put out there.

There was a composite drawing of him.

He had been approaching kids in his tan van.

I don't know how the monks would have heard that the boys were out going to the store unless DR called one?

I am still confused about DR's reporting on his Linked. Why the strange time lapses?

11 months to get his Master's reported by him on his Linked, Two years in grad school as reported by him in the article about his running.

36 years teaching, starting in 78.

But the Minnesota teaching license only exists since 1989.

His changing stories of what he did the night of the abduction.

What do all of these inconsistencies mean?

I'm confused as to why people are so awe struck at the masters degree timeline. Apparently he is very, very talented and my own Governor Scott Walker has a degree he didn't even earn. US education system is like that sometimes.

Also some places don't require the teaching license to be hired, it could have been a part time job paid like a coach of a team.

I'm not trying to be negative or hurt the topic, just wondering if that isn't keeping the facts from getting the proper attention here.

A few thoughts on this scenario...

It would take a monk at least 20 minutes to get from St. John's Abbey to the site of the abduction, unless he was waiting for the phone call and ready to run out the door. That's not counting hiding the vehicle, then getting into position.

There were no cell phones back then, so who would have quick access to a land-line phone to contact him? DR would be one possible informant, I guess.

The incinerator bothers me...always has since JG :(

human, what if DR, monks and all other offenders were a part of a loose knit group that talked by cb radio. DR maybe announced on the cb that there were kids riding past? Would that seem plausible?
He could have seen them coming back from a run, if he was outside or possibly from his house.

I don't know how the monks would have heard that the boys were out going to the store unless DR called one?

I am still confused about DR's reporting on his Linked. Why the strange time lapses?

11 months to get his Master's reported by him on his Linked, Two years in grad school as reported by him in the article about his running.

36 years teaching, starting in 78.

But the Minnesota teaching license only exists since 1989.

His changing stories of what he did the night of the abduction.

What do all of these inconsistencies mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho