MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The military base is Fort McCoy. House on The Rock, near Spring Green, would be on the west side of Madison, quite out of the way if going to Milwaukee from the Twin Cities.

Never been to House on the Rock. I usually visit friends by Milwaukee, Madison, and Stevens Point.

Isn't it difficult for pedophiles to stop their behavior? Even if one made the argument that DR took advantage of the situation with his parents being away -- how could it be accounted for that he hasn't done anything in the ensuing years?

Maybe he does it out of town

Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summer’s two-day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself.

Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summer’s two-day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself.

DR returned during the search that day to recover some papers. Was that before or after they searched the house? If DR was able to get back into the house before they had the warrant to do so, would he have been able to remove some pages from his journal? e.g. his written confession.

DR returned during the search that day to recover some papers. Was that before or after they searched the house? If DR was able to get back into the house before they had the warrant to do so, would he have been able to remove some pages from his journal? e.g. his written confession.

Don't remember. I hope someone knows

Sources tell KSTP.com, investigators removed several items from the farm, including a lawn chair, the base of a patio umbrella stand and a cedar chest. The items had been stored in an area above a four stall garage on the Rassier property.

We have also learned investigators seized a box from Daniel Rassier’s bedroom containing news clippings and articles about the Jacob Wetterling abduction. That box also contained part of Rassier’s journal.

Don't remember. I hope someone knows

Sources tell KSTP.com, investigators removed several items from the farm, including a lawn chair, the base of a patio umbrella stand and a cedar chest. The items had been stored in an area above a four stall garage on the Rassier property.

We have also learned investigators seized a box from Daniel Rassier’s bedroom containing news clippings and articles about the Jacob Wetterling abduction. That box also contained part of Rassier’s journal.

Bingo. Note how its worded part of rassiers journal. Was it glaring or in fact factual that some pages had been removed before they got to it? Is this what helped support the POI? Where was this box during the second search?

How creepy is it that DR would regularly sleep wit a box of jacob wetterling news recordings, newspaper clippings, photos, journal, pattys letter, right there beneath his bed?

I think we have to give LE some credit. I'm sure that they observed DR, and inspected whatever documents he removed from the house.

He probably HAD to go and see what LE was up to.

Maybe he has a secret stash place in that old house

I think we have to give LE some credit. I'm sure that they observed DR, and inspected whatever documents he removed from the house.

Well if he had returned to secure something that would put him in prison for the rest of his life he could have either ate it, or flushed it down the toilet. Were they able to observe him in the house? Did his return start some chatter among the BCA, FBI, LE to get the warrant to search his house?

I'm new to this thread, and I know most of you have been absorbed in this case for years...so I apologize in advance for asking any redundant questions.

I read on #2, page 13 MichelleClay's post:

So tonight at my lake cabin I was talking to a neighbor of mine who is from the area Jacob is from. I was asking them if they knew anything new about the warrant and I was wondering why they got the warrant. She says its well known in that area that DR has always been the number 1 suspect. She said the big reason he is a suspect is because
1. It happened on his land.
2. The way he acted after the abduction (went back to bed, said he didn't want to be bothered)
3. When he was questioned he told authorities that he was sleeping than he said he saw a car turn around in his driveway during the abudction (Aaron swears there was no car anywhere). So did he see a car or was he sleeping?
4. The thing that triggered this whole thing is a new detective was looking at google maps and compared photos from 1989 to now and realized that buildings had been removed. If you look at the two you can see which buildings were torn down.

They told me they removed 6 dump trucks full of dirt where the old buildings used to exist

I hope they find something so the Wetterlings can have closure.

Wasn't it DR that called 911 that night around 11 p.m. because he saw flashlights on his property? I know that police didn't save that call, but did any officiers respond to that call, or did the 911 operator tell him over the phone it was a kidnapping? Is that when he supposedly went to bed and couldn't be bothered.

I'm new to this thread, and I know most of you have been absorbed in this case for years...so I apologize in advance for asking any redundant questions.

I read on #2, page 13 MichelleClay's post:

So tonight at my lake cabin I was talking to a neighbor of mine who is from the area Jacob is from. I was asking them if they knew anything new about the warrant and I was wondering why they got the warrant. She says its well known in that area that DR has always been the number 1 suspect. She said the big reason he is a suspect is because
1. It happened on his land.
2. The way he acted after the abduction (went back to bed, said he didn't want to be bothered)
3. When he was questioned he told authorities that he was sleeping than he said he saw a car turn around in his driveway during the abudction (Aaron swears there was no car anywhere). So did he see a car or was he sleeping?
4. The thing that triggered this whole thing is a new detective was looking at google maps and compared photos from 1989 to now and realized that buildings had been removed. If you look at the two you can see which buildings were torn down.

They told me they removed 6 dump trucks full of dirt where the old buildings used to exist

I hope they find something so the Wetterlings can have closure.

Wasn't it DR that called 911 that night around 11 p.m. because he saw flashlights on his property? I know that police didn't save that call, but did any officiers respond to that call, or did the 911 operator tell him over the phone it was a kidnapping? Is that when he supposedly went to bed and couldn't be bothered.

Thank you for your time and first posting. I believe if DR saw a car turn around in his building site, that it was Kevin, who admitted to doing so 15 years later. DR said he thought he saw a female in the car, Kevin cofirmed he was with his girlfriend.

Thank you for your time and first posting. I believe if DR saw a car turn around in his building site, that it was Kevin, who admitted to doing so 15 years later. DR said he thought he saw a female in the car, Kevin cofirmed he was with his girlfriend.

Except, the car DR described was a small, dark colored car. Kevin was driving a bigger, lighter colored car.

Except, the car DR described was a small, dark colored car. Kevin was driving a bigger, lighter colored car.

If another car took the full driveway and turned around next to the house those tire tracks would be recovered like kevins. Imo.

If another car took the full driveway and turned around next to the house those tire tracks would be recovered like kevins. Imo.

Just another truth that DR told within a lie. If he did take Jacob, then Kevin tore up the driveway at about the time that Jacob was getting assaulted or getting set up for same. It was within 15-20 minutes or so from the time of abduction. So he says he saw a car but describes it differently hoping to deflect LE from finding Kevin, his gf and car and their explanation that they were following up on the scanner chatter. If DR says he saw another dark colored car with lights close together, he knows darn well that car is not the same as Kevin's and will keep cops searching for a car instead of for him.

Just another truth that DR told within a lie. If he did take Jacob, then Kevin tore up the driveway at about the time that Jacob was getting assaulted or getting set up for same. It was within 15-20 minutes or so from the time of abduction. So he says he saw a car but describes it differently hoping to deflect LE from finding Kevin, his gf and car and their explanation that they were following up on the scanner chatter. If DR says he saw another dark colored car with lights close together, he knows darn well that car is not the same as Kevin's and will keep cops searching for a car instead of for him.

Bingo!

And don't forget about the third car the one from the afternoon, the one that turned around in the same spot. The one DR says is the kidnapper.

And then you also have the band student who could have been dropped off and picked up earlier that day.

I can't find it now, but didn't the small, dark-colored car that turned around in the driveway is what DR said made his dog bark around 9:15and that is how he remembered the incident at all?

I am perplexed that officers did not enter his residence that night or question him at length then. I'm not sure how officers can comb someone's property for hours with helicopters hovering, etc. and one could just choose to go to bed. On the other hand, he may have gotten the vibe to stay out of the way.

DRs 911 call really bothers me. If the helicopters were in the air around 10:30, then why the call so much later? It may be that an innocent man can hear aircraft circling about, but not necessarily perceive it to be on his property. Then when he sees flashlights around his property, he gets anxious and calls out of fear. OR, it may be that a guilty man knows by the sound of the helicopters that they're looking for the boy, but just thinks they're circling the woods. When he sees the flashlights, he knows that they are coming awfully close to the house, and knows he's got to do something. I'd say it'd be smarter for a guilty man to call 911, than to walk outside and demand to know what's going on.

I can't find it now, but didn't the small, dark-colored car that turned around in the driveway is what DR said made his dog bark around 9:15and that is how he remembered the incident at all?

I am perplexed that officers did not enter his residence that night or question him at length then. I'm not sure how officers can comb someone's property for hours with helicopters hovering, etc. and one could just choose to go to bed. On the other hand, he may have gotten the vibe to stay out of the way.

DRs 911 call really bothers me. If the helicopters were in the air around 10:30, then why the call so much later? It may be that an innocent man can hear aircraft circling about, but not necessarily perceive it to be on his property. Then when he sees flashlights around his property, he gets anxious and calls out of fear. OR, it may be that a guilty man knows by the sound of the helicopters that they're looking for the boy, but just thinks they're circling the woods. When he sees the flashlights, he knows that they are coming awfully close to the house, and knows he's got to do something. I'd say it'd be smarter for a guilty man to call 911, than to walk outside and demand to know what's going on.

Nice to have fresh minds looking at things in a new way.

I agree Wyome, DR's stories change quite frequently. When he talked to Joy, he says the journalists took his words out of context, but I don't buy it. At all. You would really watch what you would say to a reporter for a story about a missing child. I think he knows who did it and was trying to deflect away from himself so he didn't have to tell police who did it. Whoever did do it may have some dirt on DR that he is afraid to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C