MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DR had run the TC Marathon 15 days earlier, so running at a highly reduced volume/intensity wouldn't be unusual. 2-4 mile runs are a typical at that point in the recovery phase (some even rest entirely) and two-a-days aren't common. The risk of injury is high.

Interesting, but my kids and their friends run marathons. They are running again the next day.

That may be true for older runners, but DR was 30 something then. Early 30's

Does anyone know the name of the pizza place that Patty ordered pizza delivered from?

This is from Take the Magic Step

The First Days After the Marathon

© www.photorun.net

Now is the time to really listen to your body even more. Deep recovery is your top priority. You just ran 26.2 miles—a great achievement! How quickly you recover will be a combination of your own unique body and how well you take care of it. Some people will recover faster by taking a short walk or a 10- to 15-minute jog. I usually jogged for a short distance the day after, and felt this very light workout helped me reduce stiffness and soreness. If you are an average to good runner, you most likely will feel better after a short jog. However, no matter how good you might feel, limit yourself to three or four miles. Also, on all your runs in the next few days, you will want to keep your heart rate low, so always try to maintain a nice, relaxed pace.

Does anyone know the name of the pizza place that Patty ordered pizza delivered from?

No, I don't think we know the exact name of the place. We did discuss this once before in thread #3 or #4 maybe? I posted a list of known places that delivered pizza back then according to ads in the St. Ben's and St. John's school newspapers. There were a couple of bars (La Playette and Midway?), and Sal's, I think. There may have been places in Waite Park (such as Sammy's) who delivered to St. Joe also - not sure.

Wouldn't the pizza be delivered much earlier? What time did the parents leave for the party?

Or was the pizza delivered for dinner but the parents ate at the party?

Or did they all eat pizza to save time in order to go to the party?

Interesting, but my kids and their friends run marathons. They are running again the next day.

That may be true for older runners, but DR was 30 something then. Early 30's

I'm in my early 30s and typically do run shortly after the event (often the very next day, as you say), but the distances are significantly shorter, building back up gradually. 3 weeks is my preference before hitting double digit mileage on a single training run, but everyone is different.

All I meant to suggest was that running a shorter distance 2 weeks later wouldn't be strange.

I'm in my early 30s and typically do run shortly after the event (often the very next day, as you say), but the distances are significantly shorter, building back up gradually. 3 weeks is my preference before hitting double digit mileage on a single training run, but everyone is different.

All I meant to suggest was that running a shorter distance 2 weeks later wouldn't be strange.

Thanks.

I think you would agree that a runner who runs as much as he does would be highly agitated if he did not get some exercise in.

Thanks.

I think you would agree that a runner who runs as much as he does would be highly agitated if he did not get some exercise in.

Yes, cutting back, whether to prevent injury after an event or because of an actual injury, is pretty rough mentally for me. This seems to be fairly common.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07...lf-inflicted-7-marathons-in-7-days-challenge/

Thats true, everyone is different.

No, I don't think we know the exact name of the place. We did discuss this once before in thread #3 or #4 maybe? I posted a list of known places that delivered pizza back then according to ads in the St. Ben's and St. John's school newspapers. There were a couple of bars (La Playette and Midway?), and Sal's, I think. There may have been places in Waite Park (such as Sammy's) who delivered to St. Joe also - not sure.

There were a lot of Pizza Huts around during that era....

<modsnip>

These two were probably referenced in your earlier list—a place called Herk's and another called Little Louie's Pizza advertised for pizza delivery in an October 1989 edition of the CSB/SJU student paper.

Thank you. I came across some information about a suspected pedo from the area who worked at a place called Gary's Pizza. Not sure where that was, but it was in the St. Cloud or St. Joseph area.

Patty ordered a pizza, and then she left with Jerry for the party.

Thank you. I came across some information about a suspected pedo from the area who worked at a place called Gary's Pizza. Not sure where that was, but it was in the St. Cloud or St. Joseph area.

What time was that?

I think you may be able to narrow it down as pizza places have a limited range that they deliver. Or at least they do where I live. Not sure what it is based in as the kids use their own cars so it doesn't cost the owner anything except maybe the time issue.

There is currently a Gary's Pizza in St. Joseph. It has 4 locations in the area. http://www.garyspizza.com/

I don't know if it existed in St. Joseph in 1989, or if it was a later expansion.

There is currently a Gary's Pizza in St. Joseph. It has 4 locations in the area. http://www.garyspizza.com/

I don't know if it existed in St. Joseph in 1989, or if it was a later expansion.

Since there is a phone number, ELOC will you call and report back to us what you found? Apparently you have some good info

Actually that's three cars if DRs story is to be believed. He says he didn't see Kevin. Kevin's car was not one of the two that he saw. And yes, that's extremely unusual, even supported by DRs own quote in the newspaper. "It caught my attention because it's unusual for a car to be out here at that time"
When Dan was first interviewed, he told LE that he only saw one car turn around in his driveway. After Kevin admitted he had been at the scene, THEN Dan changed his story and said he saw two cars. See Websleuth's first thread on Jacob for links.

Dan has told quite a few lies. Another lie is that Dan told police that he was sleeping during the abduction and beginning of the search (through the helicopters, sirens, and barking dogs), but other times he has stated that he was organizing his record collection. In addition to these inconsistencies, he also stated that he was awake during this time and ran to the side of the house to look out the window at the car turning around in his driveway.

Dan could not have been asleep AND awake at the time of Jacob's abduction. If he was asleep or upstairs running to the window, he couldn't have been downstairs organizing his record collection. Which statement should be believed? I don't think any should be believed.

My god, this whole time its been a garys pizza delivery driver. Astonishing and confounding.

Pizza delivery employees come and go with the direction of the wind. Who would recall a worker from 1989?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova