MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I reference the abbey a lot. But just look at that list on behindthepinecurtain. Almost all the victims were young males, and many of these assaults did occur on the grounds of St. John's -- and remember -- these monks went anywhere they wanted to in the community and beyond. They were not accountable to anyone. Their secret sexual "indiscretions" were safe with the abbot.

Pat Marker's research (behindthepinecurtain.com) revealed that in 2002 - 2003 time frame a profile of Guimond's abductor was made. The Abbot did not want this profile released because it sharply resembled one of the monks, and there was concern this monk might be associated with not only Guimond but possibly Wetterling as well. Copies of these exchanges are on Pat's website.

When a child is taken from his family, all avenues should be thoroughly explored. The area in which these incidents occurred is not a highly populated area from what I can see. Again, I ask, how many predators of young males are there??

Patty Wetterling made a statement along the lines of "what is going on Stearns County that is so hurtful to our boys?" Are we any closer to knowing what that is now than we were 25 years ago?

I read a statement from the sheriff after the big dig that said no evidence was found that could be connected to Jacob's disappearance. Is that really true, or is the sheriff holding some cards close to the vest?

They said they hadn't found any info to tie him to the crime in what they'd already looked at. But he also added that they were holding some items in hopes future technology advances would provide more info on them. Sanner also made a comment at the time that this was not a sign that anyone could relax (thinking they were no longer being looked at). I'll see if I can find a link for that, I have it somewhere here.

I know I reference the abbey a lot. But just look at that list on behindthepinecurtain. Almost all the victims were young males, and many of these assaults did occur on the grounds of St. John's -- and remember -- these monks went anywhere they wanted to in the community and beyond. They were not accountable to anyone. Their secret sexual "indiscretions" were safe with the abbot.

Pat Marker's research (behindthepinecurtain.com) revealed that in 2002 - 2003 time frame a profile of Guimond's abductor was made. The Abbot did not want this profile released because it sharply resembled one of the monks, and there was concern this monk might be associated with not only Guimond but possibly Wetterling as well. Copies of these exchanges are on Pat's website.

When a child is taken from his family, all avenues should be thoroughly explored. The area in which these incidents occurred is not a highly populated area from what I can see. Again, I ask, how many predators of young males are there??

Patty Wetterling made a statement along the lines of "what is going on Stearns County that is so hurtful to our boys?" Are we any closer to knowing what that is now than we were 25 years ago?

I read a statement from the sheriff after the big dig that said no evidence was found that could be connected to Jacob's disappearance. Is that really true, or is the sheriff holding some cards close to the vest?

You're right, there is a huge cover up by St John's and the arch diocese. No fewer than five priests on Marker's list were funneled through the catholic school I attended in St Paul, MN. They were all known to be creepers that preyed on kids. The cover up continues and it is disgusting.

When he was told about the pedophiles and sexual molesters at the local abbey, he did nothing. For that matter, neither did the esteemed coach of the football team. Why wasn't he prosecuted just like the staff at Penn State who knew Sandusky was molesting kids? Too much collusion, conflict of interest and secrecy afoot in this neck of the woods.

Phantom, what was the situation with the football coach? I missed that.

I believe alot of what happened at the abbey has been and is being uncovered yet today. But so far none of their assaults correlate to long standing abductions, threatening the victims life, being disguised, or having a gun. The known assaults say they acted openly and mentally manipulated their victims, alot like the monster that is Jerry Sandusky. How easy would it be to tie the car used to all of the priests in the abbey at the time? Was there 30 or so priests and monks? Did any of them have a dark blue chevy celebrity?

MNSuz, around 2002 one of St. John's football stars filed a complaint about a priest who had been sexually harassing him. The complaint went unaddressed for a period of time, leaving the student angry and frustrated. Eventually the student sent a letter saying something to the effect that he just wanted to graduate and get away from the university. The coach was aware of the situation and was concerned about the negative publicity that might be generated due to football player's complaint. The Abbot was concerned because the school was in the midst of a major fundraising campaign. He did not want any of the dirty laundry to be aired as it might affect the fundraising.

So, the safety and well being of the students was trumped by the fundraising campaign and the football team's reputation. Far be it from the coach or anyone else involved to go to LE and alert them to the situation. Then again, I doubt LE would have gotten involved, because, after all, the church is allowed to handle things its own way since the laws that apply to everyone else apparently don't apply to them.

The star athlete was not on the football team. He was on the basketball team: Link

The esteemed football coach knew of misconduct for decades: Link

Are these people not mandated reporters? Teachers, law enforcement, youth workers? At what age do the victims cease being protected? Gagliardi should be charged with something.

Simonsez, thank you for the correction. And thank you for all this information!!!

The entire internet discourse on Jacobs case has turned into a shouting match between the "Car" fraction and the "no Car" fraction. Either a car was used and the perp could be anyone involved in any of the other local crimes or someone who had never been involved in any local sex crime OR There was no car used and all attention should be directed at One Suspect. The show clearly "favored" the "Car" fraction. I'm sure members of the "No Car" fraction are feeling put upon about now. Realistically, no Television network is going to allow a show it broadcasts to "name a name" unless their legal team is sure they can defend it. In this case they can not.

The truth is that no matter which fraction we belong to, we will not be certain until the mystery is solved. A this point, it would be far more productive if we digressed from this "fraction" war and instead, focused anyh and all new leads that arise. Me, personally, I am interested in anyone implicated in similar crimes in Stearns County that happened in the years leading up to Oct 1989 and, perhaps more importantly, anyone arrested for, or implicated in any similar crimes who LIVED IN STEARNS COUNTY IN 1986-1989.

The entire internet discourse on Jacobs case has turned into a shouting match between the "Car" fraction and the "no Car" fraction. Either a car was used and the perp could be anyone involved in any of the other local crimes or someone who had never been involved in any local sex crime OR There was no car used and all attention should be directed at One Suspect. The show clearly "favored" the "Car" fraction. I'm sure members of the "No Car" fraction are feeling put upon about now. Realistically, no Television network is going to allow a show it broadcasts to "name a name" unless their legal team is sure they can defend it. In this case they can not.

The truth is that no matter which fraction we belong to, we will not be certain until the mystery is solved. A this point, it would be far more productive if we digressed from this "fraction" war and instead, focused anyh and all new leads that arise. Me, personally, I am interested in anyone implicated in similar crimes in Stearns County that happened in the years leading up to Oct 1989 and, perhaps more importantly, anyone arrested for, or implicated in any similar crimes who LIVED IN STEARNS COUNTY IN 1986-1989.

Well stated. I don't think a sleuther has to be in the "Car Fraction" or the "No Car Fraction" category respectively. I do think one must hover intellectually between the two until all facts are in. We simply do not have enough data to place ourselves in either category and so must consider all possibilities as wide ranging and difficult that may be. I do agree though that CNN's presentation favored the car theory and ignored the perp on foot theory for the reason you indicated.

Reading between the lines a bit, my understanding was that Joy/CNN seem to be leaning toward the B Bros, as primary suspects correct?
The evidence for my assertion being that they mentioned 1. They were already looked at 2. 1990 one (or all) were arrested
Yes?

Reading between the lines a bit, my understanding was that Joy/CNN seem to be leaning toward the B Bros, as primary suspects correct?
The evidence for my assertion being that they mentioned 1. They were already looked at 2. 1990 one (or all) were arrested
Yes?

I immediately took it to mean DAH(Duane Allen Hart)

Will Stearns County Sheriff John L. Sanner announce an arrest before the November 4 election?

Will Stearns County Attorney Janelle P. Kendall file criminal charges before the November 4 election?

Or, will this latest media treatment result in another unanticipated and untimely death?

Remember what the road to hell is paved with . . . and always expect the unexpected.

Prov. 11:14
No, Sanner will not announce an arrest.
No, Stearns County Attorney Kendall will not file criminal charges.
An unanticipated and untimely death? Are you presuming DAH? Or a different culprit? Are you predicting?
The road to Hell IS paved with good intentions.....always has been. And, as you've stated: Hell is for Children(Pat Benatar).

As for the expecting the unexpected....just ONCE....would you get to the point?
Isn't seeing Jerry Wetterling in his white hair and his white beard looking for his son and Patty Wetterling in her anguish and old age wondering and agonizing where Jacob is....Is this not enough to move you to disclose whatever it is you know about Jacob's whereabouts?
If you know nothing....then your riddles mean nothing. If you know SOMETHING....then HELP!

Gawd. That guy (DAH). Almost forgot.
It is interesting that in all his various appeals he seems to argue quite vehemently that he is a non violent offender, which makes him sound like the opposite.
I wonder what kind of info they could get out of him from jail

At least they showed a sample of what the mask would have looked like. Not a nylon, not a stocking cap, just a black nylon material face covering. They left so much out though, no mention of other suspects, no mention of the POI, no mention of abusive priests in area...

They did show the area, the woods they ran into, the desolate road. I just hope they get lots of tips from this show. It's playing again now.
25 years ago? I never heard of that type of mask until recently...within the last 6-8 years I guess. I find it difficult to believe it was an actual fitted nylon mask for that reason. There has to be a better explanation.

At least they showed a sample of what the mask would have looked like. Not a nylon, not a stocking cap, just a black nylon material face covering. They left so much out though, no mention of other suspects, no mention of the POI, no mention of abusive priests in area...

They did show the area, the woods they ran into, the desolate road. I just hope they get lots of tips from this show. It's playing again now.

I felt it was an amalgamation of info-visually speaking....showing the atmosphere versus the reality. As we know, Jacob was riding his Mom's 10 speed bike....that wasn't in the video. IMHO they left out the details so as to convey the 'feeling' of the tragedy. I think they succeeded in that. Having reviewed all of these little details of the actual abduction, I think they conveyed the frightfulness, the darkness, and the inevitable loneliness of Jacob being taken by a masked man. My heart sank seeing those 3 boys in the grass. And the last scene of the abductor grabbing Jacob's arm was heartwrenching....the presentation is not something we can look to for answers but rather to illustrate the significance of the abduction of Jacob.

I felt it was an amalgamation of info-visually speaking....showing the atmosphere versus the reality. As we know, Jacob was riding his Mom's 10 speed bike....that wasn't in the video. IMHO they left out the details so as to convey the 'feeling' of the tragedy. I think they succeeded in that. Having reviewed all of these little details of the actual abduction, I think they conveyed the frightfulness, the darkness, and the inevitable loneliness of Jacob being taken by a masked man. My heart sank seeing those 3 boys in the grass. And the last scene of the abductor grabbing Jacob's arm was heartwrenching....the presentation is not something we can look to for answers but rather to illustrate the significance of the abduction of Jacob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova