MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to draw a further picture of what may have happened when DR went up and talked to Deputy Bechtold. Is it possible that Bechtold, like the officer at tom thumb that brushed kevin away, was also in a state of shock that this had happened on this night and in effect was brushing off DR as well? When DR said "well i will check it out down here" maybe Bechtold didnt even hear him, and that is why DR just returned to his house and supposedly went to bed, not to make another appearance before lifting and passing through the crime scene tape the next morning.

Except from what I previously recall about this DR photo. This photo was misidentified and is DR's brother.

DR was 25 years younger, too, of course.

That picture is the one DR has as his profile pic on his own FB page currently. (Not sure if I can post fb link?)

You guys have to remember that Jared already said DR was NOT his abductor. So comparing DR's pic to that of Jared's abductor sketch really doesn't make sense.....???

You guys have to remember that Jared already said DR was NOT his abductor. So comparing DR's pic to that of Jared's abductor sketch really doesn't make sense.....???

Do you have a link for where Jared stated that? TIA!

Just a review...
According to Jared, the car had a portable police scanner on the console. There was a shifter on the steering wheel. DR certainly had nothing like this. The guy was stocky, about 5' 8"with husky shoulders and weighed 180-190. Even with a large frame this perp would be overweight. DR certainly is not.

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/08/11/jareds-story/

jared | February 26, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Traci – Although I’m limited on what I can say about suspects in these cases, I can say that through the years, there have been a thousand people looked at, and at least a dozen that have not been cleared as suspects. Dan is one, even though I dismissed him as my perpetrator.

- The New London Blogger

Prov. 11:14

Just a review...
According to Jared, the car had a portable police scanner on the console. There was a shifter on the steering wheel. DR certainly had nothing like this. The guy was stocky, about 5' 8"with husky shoulders and weighed 180-190. Even with a large frame this perp would be overweight. DR certainly is not.

Who did have this car? Who has this car? Is it sitting in a junkyard? The Hunt will hopefully spark a memory about this car.

Just a review...

I was surprised that DR has a bit of a flabby belly. You can see it in the vid Sasquatch posted

jared | February 26, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Traci – Although I’m limited on what I can say about suspects in these cases, I can say that through the years, there have been a thousand people looked at, and at least a dozen that have not been cleared as suspects. Dan is one, even though I dismissed him as my perpetrator.

- The New London

Agreed. If DR had.been Jareds perpetrator, he would have been in prison long ago.

Jareds perpetrator is "in the box" somewhere.

That article written by Patty is heartbreaking.
I can't wait to see the show, and I hope the number of viewers isn't hampered by it being a holiday weekend.

That article written by Patty is heartbreaking.
I can't wait to see the show, and I hope the number of viewers isn't hampered by it being a holiday weekend.

I would also hope the local newspapers could help advertise the show. We have a vehicle identified, that evidence is astounding. Im certain this car is still out there somewhere.

Maybe you feel bad.

Unlikely:

Those who approach the sacrament of Penance obtain pardon from God's mercy for the offense committed (Catechism of the Catholic Church 1422)

By the priest's sacramental absolution God grants the penitent "pardon and peace” (Catechism of the Catholic Church 1424)

Reconciliation is usually followed by peace and serenity of conscience (Catechism of the Catholic Church 1468)

Maybe you told someone . . . And how could anyone still keep the secret?

Here's how:

M.S.A. § 626.556, Subd. 3(a)(2)
M.S.A. § 595.02, Subd. 1(c)

Maybe this is pre-show publicity.

Probably . . .

I just read again about the initial police presence at the abduction site, with the article stating dogs were brought in. I just can't figure out how the dogs did not track Jacob's scent -- even if he were lifted up and being carried. Surely with the dogs being there soon after the abduction occurred they would be able to pick up something?

Just a review...

Right, I have never suspected DR of being involved in Jared's case. I just was curious where Jared had stated that - if it was just on Joy's blog or in MSM?

I feel like the description the boys gave about the abductor may be somewhat inaccurate. I say this because -- well, the man had nylons covering his face, but also because evidently it was very dark there. One article said the man "might be" in his early 50's -- the truth is we don't know. He could be older or younger. I'm going with older, but that's just my personal feeling. "Deep raspy voice" -- I think I could alter my voice, at least for a paragraph or two.

Also, I've said this before, but, with regard to the FBI's initial profile of the abductor suggesting he is probably low income, non professional line of work -- I can understand how they came up with that, but, I've seen too many incidences of teachers, preachers and other more professional types who commit these crimes. And though they have access to children, some of them are deviant enough to go on the prowl for victims.

I just read again about the initial police presence at the abduction site, with the article stating dogs were brought in. I just can't figure out how the dogs did not track Jacob's scent -- even if he were lifted up and being carried. Surely with the dogs being there soon after the abduction occurred they would be able to pick up something?

What if there was no scent going on from the footprint because Jacob was grabbed at that spot where his foot dug in and carried BACK towards the road (where his scent already was) and put in a car that was hidden on the brush road across from DR's driveway? That would explain a lack of scent. I've never really bought that it was too dry or the helicopter blades washed his scent away. This is the only scenario that makes me think there may have been a car. It would still have to have been someone local who knew the brush road was there and was hanging around when the boys went by on their way to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova