MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"There's so many small people in a small town like this, they could crucify him. And maybe he had it coming, but that wasn't the way things were handled in those days."

- Former Cold Spring Police Chief Vincent Konz

https://www.facebook.com/searchingforjacob

What if there was no scent going on from the footprint because Jacob was grabbed at that spot where his foot dug in and carried BACK towards the road (where his scent already was) and put in a car that was hidden on the brush road across from DR's driveway? That would explain a lack of scent. I've never really bought that it was too dry or the helicopter blades washed his scent away. This is the only scenario that makes me think there may have been a car. It would still have to have been someone local who knew the brush road was there and was hanging around when the boys went by on their way to the store.

But…if a car had been parked on the brush road, wouldn't Aaron and Trevor had seen it when they were told to run towards the woods? And would the perp have sent them running in the direction where he had parked his own car?

Somer Thompson of Florida walked up to the perp's house. She was killed in the house, carried out, and driven to where she was left.

Dog's were in the perp's yard. Dog's never indicated that she walked up to the perp home.

Nothing from the dog's. Zero.

"Stop!” the man shouted in a deep, commanding voice. “I have a gun!"

Soliciting opinions -- Rassier's voice is rather nasal and -- not deep, I don't think -- ?

How old were the kids and what grade did DR teach at the time of Jacob's abduction?
What make/model and color of car did DR drive?
What other makes/models and colors of cars were part of the household at that time?

Soliciting opinions -- Rassier's voice is rather nasal and -- not deep, I don't think -- ?

If you are going to disguise your face with a mask and your body with a coat, surely you would disguise your voice as well.

DR is a musician and a performer. Who knows more about disguising voices and using voices than a person with a Master's degree in music.

So, if the perp was DR, might he have dragged Jacob into one of the structures on his property, or to a previously prepared sound proof room in the house, or just gagged him once inside the house or ? I know someone had posted a theory about DR possibly putting body inside trunk and driving to school. If he had hidden body in the structure that burned down, do you think there would be much chance of any evidence being found years later?

From 911 call transcript linked in Case Facts on page 1.

"OK. Can you think of anything else? Did the guy have… What? Did the guy have like a deep voice or anything like that you could remember? (Trevor asks others) It was very cold(?)"

Maybe the perp having a deep voice originated from the 911 dispatcher rather than the boys? He/she was just giving Trevor a helpful prompt, and the media or whomever ran with it as fact?

I somehow recall Trevor responding that the perp's voice sounded like he had a cold. Maybe that is what the above sentence about 'very cold' means?

Good point. It seems that it's possible once the kids realized this wasn't a prank that their senses went into overload (almost like being in shock I suppose.) At that point they may not have been able to really process these kinds of details because they were so frightened. It's dark out, late at night, and they're watching a scary looking man with a gun pointed at them taking their friend/brother. Just one big nightmare, with the details blurred by fright and confusion.

Whoever this cretin was, he was strong enough to keep Jacob in his grasp. Either that or maybe Jacob was just too afraid to run because of the threat of being shot. Whatever happened, happened quickly because allegedly the police were there six minutes later. So either DR already had Jacob bound or knocked out inside the house, or, -- someone else got him into a car and from there he could have been taken anywhere. The obvious path in solving this case appears to be based upon the location -- meaning, that's not exactly a spot where people randomly walk and know about, or think, "hey, let's go on a nice walk there." Of course, the college of St. Ben's is right around the corner too...

When do you think LE or anyone else in authority might have first had an inkling that DR may have been responsible for abducting Jacob? Within days, weeks, months or years?

When do you think LE or anyone else in authority might have first had an inkling that DR may have been responsible for abducting Jacob? Within days, weeks, months or years?

Good question and that answer is clear- when they searched his house 5 days later. Things like not giving lead on a vehicle the first night were starting to add up, along with no resolve yet. Imo.

It's true, 5 days later when they searched the mans house, they had their suspicions growing, but it all comes back to those darn tire tracks. 15 years later we would find out via a confession from kevin where those tracks came from. Sheriff sanner and company would then go on CNN to announce their now dramatic turn in the investigation. Five years after that announcement DR becomes the first POI in the case. We need someone to talk, does the family know anything they are holding back?

Maybe when he first said he saw a small car with lights close together, then told them he saw another car turn around in his yard with a man and child or woman, then told them he saw a 3rd car earlier that day come racing into his yard, AND, he was positive that was their abductor. I'm not sure on which date he added the third car to his narrative, but at the point he started insisting it was the car from the afternoon, I would think that's when they started thinking something sounded off. JMO.

But we have never heard what they found on his computer when they searched the home 5 days later. So they may have found something we know nothing about.

It's true, 5 days later when they searched the mans house, they had their suspicions growing, but it all comes back to those darn tire tracks. 15 years later we would find out via a confession from kevin where those tracks came from. Sheriff sanner and company would then go on CNN to announce their now dramatic turn in the investigation. Five years after that announcement DR becomes the first POI in the case. We need someone to talk, does the family know anything they are holding back?

What family? DR's?

If LE is currently investigating several abductions around the time of the JW abduction, perhaps linking them. Using Jared's description of the interior of the car, assuming the abductor is local, someone must know who had a car like that. Twenty-five years, however, is more than a life span for a car, especially if it was older at the time of the abduction so chances of finding the actual car are slim. However, someone knows of that vehicle. Knowing, plus a lack of conscience or even a hint that the abductor could be a relative or acquaintance, has produced nothing. It makes me want to scream.

What family? DR's?

If LE is currently investigating several abductions around the time of the JW abduction, perhaps linking them. Using Jared's description of the interior of the car, assuming the abductor is local, someone must know who had a car like that. Twenty-five years, however, is more than a life span for a car, especially if it was older at the time of the abduction so chances of finding the actual car are slim. However, someone knows of that vehicle. Knowing, plus a lack of conscience or even a hint that the abductor could be a relative or acquaintance, has produced nothing. It makes me want to scream.

I see cars from the 80's being sold on St Cloud craigs list all the time, people generally love their cars. I do believe this car could be preserved like one of those after all this time.

How technical have junkyards become? Would it hurt to check some junkyards in the area for 1980's dark blue chevy celebritys? Run the vins on them and possibly find a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova