MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let it be known that I side with LE. My thought process is constantly evolving in this active investigation.

Some people would have it that its not ok to look dumb, be dumb, or humiliate yourself in the hunt for jacob wetterling. I could care less what you think, i am here today and that is all that matters.

“we have to have fact, and that’s the piece that’s missing in the blogging” John Sanner

Will the New London, MN, blogger marshal the facts, or will the facts materialize elsewhere?

Is John Sanner seeking facts or using the Wetterling case for political gain?

Will John Walsh hunt down the needed facts, or simply prop up weekly ratings and revenue?

Is there really much more coming, or are people just saying that to feel less frustrated and helpless as the 25th anniversary of the Wetterling abduction approaches?

"Just the facts, ma'am." Joe Friday

Prov. 11:14

“we have to have fact, and that’s the piece that’s missing in the blogging” John Sanner

Will the New London, MN, blogger marshal the facts, or will the facts materialize elsewhere?

Will John Walsh hunt down the needed facts, or simply prop up weekly ratings and revenue?

Is there really much more coming, or are people just saying that to feel less frustrated and helpless as the 25th anniversary of the Wetterling abduction approaches?

That is extremely awesome information. I doubt I could have found it.

I read that article from CNN's the hunt this morning. I get my hopes up when people day there is more info coming. My hopes have been dashed so many times. I can't imagine how PW feels- probably a hundred times higher and worse when they get dashed. I really hope she gets answers soon. This has gone on way too long. The police do need facts to solve the case though.

Before I go into work today i would like to share an opinion. LE has botched this case so bad from the beginning that i have now lost all my faith in them solving the crime. There is vehicles, multiple vehicles, but because of name recognition and money, it is a shot in the dark.

I will be very honest -- when I saw the recent headline about "new information" my hopes went up and then were dashed. Did LE not know about these two cretins way back when? Surely they would have been thoroughly investigated if there was any concern they were involved in these sexual assaults. Second, while the blogger has succeeded in drawing fresh attention to the case, her assertions aren't anything new or in my opinion particularly newsworthy. I'm not being critical here, I'm just expressing an opinion.

Question: Does anyone know whether Jarod recognized one of these creeps as being the one who attacked him?

Also, who burned down the brothers' farm, and did the police ever investigate it for any clues before it was burned?

The old photo I saw of one of the brothers wearing a hat resembled the forensic sketch showing a man with a hat .

Side note: one time I went through dozens of pictures of possible suspects and found many that resembled the forensic sketch. And I realized I had to be real careful because there are so many men wearing baseball hats who look like that.

The deep raspy voice thing also caught my attention. Then again, I imagine many men may have that kind of voice.

And round and round we go. I really hope John Walsh does a good job with this case, because it's been so long and I'm concerned whether there will ever be justice for Jacob.

I haven't been a fan of sheriff Sanner since I saw him brush off the Guimond family. Infuriated me and broke my heart -- still does ...

Maybe when he first said he saw a small car with lights close together, then told them he saw another car turn around in his yard with a man and child or woman, then told them he saw a 3rd car earlier that day come racing into his yard, AND, he was positive that was their abductor. I'm not sure on which date he added the third car to his narrative, but at the point he started insisting it was the car from the afternoon, I would think that's when they started thinking something sounded off. JMO.

But we have never heard what they found on his computer when they searched the home 5 days later. So they may have found something we know nothing about.

He had a computer in 1989?

Horrible Police work because they focused on a Man who gave them unlimited access to his property with in days of the abductions, wasted valuable time and resources allowing the true kidnapper to escape. Slandered DR name and have produced no results in 25 years! If you call that good police work, then I call it Horrible!

I'll admit the amber alert system did not exist in 1989 which also could of made LE job of catching the kidnapper easier

What good would the Amber alert be? They need the ID of a car.

And LE did not have access to DR's home. They did not search it for several days.

DR conveniently searched his own property.

As far as the crime happening in NYC, how about the stabbing death of Kitty G that no one even bothered to interrupt?

How many crazy NYC crimes? Where is Etan Patz for example?

thenotebook, if you go to findjacobwetterling facebook page, they do name DAH. I think the link to the facebook page is on page 4 or 5 of this thread.

I cannot understand this.

Wasn't DAH shown to Jared? He said tons of suspects were paraded past him.

It seems IMPOSSIBLE to believe that DAH was not one of the suspects

I agree, the St Joseph police were inexperienced in this type of crime, were not arresting people for child molestation, didn't secure the crime scene because they didn't believe a crime was committed, didn't search DR's house that night. I don't know if it was incompetence, inexperience, outside influences (the Catholic Church or a child sex ring) or what happened. This should have been an easy crime to solve.

It could be because it happened on the property of a top family from the area

He had a computer in 1989?

I would certainly think so, seeing as his work history on linked in shows he was a computer programmer for 8 months in 1978. (shown below)

Computer Programmer/Publishing
Control Data Corporation
January 1978 – August 1978 (8 months)
Original program plots and outline along with programming for PLATO system and perfecting.

I'm not totally sure which year they took his computer, if it was the search 6 days later, or the one in 2004? I know I had a computer in my home in 1989, so I don't think it's that unusual. Of course, they were bigger clunkers back then. :)

I am quite sure there is much more coming. Not from TV or a blog though.

I cannot understand this.

Wasn't DAH shown to Jared? He said tons of suspects were paraded past him.

It seems IMPOSSIBLE to believe that DAH was not one of the suspects

DAH was most definitely a suspect in all the cases early on. In my opinion, the strongest link between him and the kidnappings, is that they seemed to come to an end after DAH was arrested. Otherwise, it seems he had easy access to boys and men, and tended to be longer term relationships, but not always.

Hart cited his partners one by one, and offered his opinions on the ones that looked like Jareds perpetrator. He also helped with trying to narrow down a suspect in the 1986/1987 Paynesville cases.

Hart was actually quite cooperative in trying to identify the man in Jareds sketch. His alibi for Jacob is that he was at Mud Lake. Just his words of course.

it seems he had easy access to boys and men, and tended to be longer term relationships, but not always.

Hart cited his partners one by one, and offered his opinions on the ones that looked like Jareds perpetrator. He also helped with trying to narrow down a suspect in the 1986/1987 Paynesville cases.

Please identify the legitimate or credible source(s) for the preceding statements. ("I generally follow a rule that I only post something if I find it in a legitimate news source, or if I hear information from at least two credible sources.")

DAH was most definitely a suspect in all the cases early on. In my opinion, the strongest link between him and the kidnappings, is that they seemed to come to an end after DAH was arrested. Otherwise, it seems he had easy access to boys and men, and tended to be longer term relationships, but not always.

Does it not seem then that Jared was presented with DAH?

Just reviewing for clarity......

1) The perp's voice sounded like he had a cold.

2) There is no sketch of Jacob's abductor. All sketches are either of Jared's, or are composite sketches.

Have I got these right?

It's bugging me that, after all these years, these basic details are not nailed down in the various reports of Jacob's abduction.

Just reviewing for clarity......

1) The perp's voice sounded like he had a cold.

2) There is no sketch of Jacob's abductor. All sketches are either of Jared's, or are composite sketches.

Have I got these right?

It's bugging me that, after all these years, these basic details are not nailed down in the various reports of Jacob's abduction.

You are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member