MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure LE ever said they cleared Hart. The strongest language I've ever seen was that they "brushed him aside" as a suspect early on because the MO didn't fit. What if a few months in jail changed his MO??

It was in the paper right after Jacob was taken. I forget how it all came down. Some guy came forward and then other males came forward and said that DAH had abused them.

He sounded like he was it. Then LE announced that he had nothing to do with Jacob.

That is from my memory from years ago. But for 100% positive LE said it was not DAH. Or that is what was in the paper for sure. I was so excited thinking the perp had been found.

It was a roller coaster of different ones out there such as the guy with the guns in the white car in Kandyohi comty.

I believe some news articles were on here posted by????? about the arrest of DAH at the tme.

It looks like Joy is going to be researching DAH.

"'...her research led her to a man who was arrested and convicted in 1990 for sexually assaulting four boys. The man was looked at early in the Jacob Wetterling, abduction and is still being looked at,' according to Baker. What we're trying to do now is connect him to Jared's case and to St Joseph."

The Hunt http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/06/us/the-hunt/

DAH was not the only person looked at and arrested in Jacob and Jared's cases. Another man who had assaulted boys was also arrested and then let go. His name was not released in MSM though. So how do we know for sure which man Joy is looking into?? She never said a name.

As much as I think Joy is self serving and not a good investigator, I sure hope she looks into this other person who at one time was listed on here.

A phone number was given to call for an arrest he had in another state. I forget which one. i called the number and they gave me the number to the Clerk of court. I called that number many times and it was always busy.

I hope Joy does pursue this angle

As much as I think Joy is self serving and not a good investigator, I sure hope she looks into this other person who at one time was listed on here.

A phone number was given to call for an arrest he had in another state. I forget which one. i called the number and they gave me the number to the Clerk of court. I called that number many times and it was always busy.

I hope Joy does pursue this angle

Joy is like all of us in the world that was deeply affected by Jacobs kidnapping. It is because of her that we looked at the Hubers again and also the latest show on CNN with John Walsh. But, she crossed the line imo, by responding and agreeing to meet with the freshly named POI in Jacobs abduction. It hasn't cleared his name. In her credit though, she still left the question open after meeting with him- "either he is lying or telling the truth".

Interesting article here:
"Johnny Gosch was the first of three similar kidnappings that the “source” stated were conducted by the same group of kidnappers. All three victims were newspaper delivery boys. The second kidnapping was Eugene Martin. Gosch and Martin were from Des Moines, Iowa. The third intended victim was a local newspaper delivery boy from St. Joseph, Minnesota. When interviewed, he stated he was able to escape by slipping out of his coat and running. When this kidnapping failed, a second attempt was made and Jacob Wetterling was kidnapped. To this date, none of these crimes have been solved. Why?"

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com...ia-and-the-criminal-exploitation-of-children/

DAH is the only suspect I know from the area that was arrested in 1990 for molesting different boys. I am not sure of the number, but I know it was more than two. Joy may be eluding to someone else, but everyone else on my list was not arrested for molestation because they were priests (deemed untouchable at the time) or they made the victim too afraid to come forward or just weren't caught.

I wonder if "the source" can prove who kidnapped Jacob with facts, dates and times connecting the perpetrator. Too many rumors and sources, not enough hard data. The difference I see between JG and EM kidnappings is that they were alone with no known witnesses. JW was kidnapped in a group of kids (witnesses). Sometimes patterns are important to kidnappers (exact same MO, victim, time of day, etc), but sometimes they do escalate to more risky stuff.

BUT shergal, if the "source" from the article is true and they wanted to procure Jacob into child prostitution, that would tell me why the kidnapper looked into their faces and asked their ages. They are looking for kids closer to the ages 12-14. Easier to brainwash.

Why had we, the public, never been told about the amber-colored Monte Carlo (or whatever) from earlier in the day? Joy

I think the first question we should answer about this is when DR first revealed any car to LE.

Why were we all busy looking for a white work van with no windows? Joy

I think this is an fbi tactic since they didn't have a great description of any vehicle, to get people to look at everyone and their neighbors. It would literally cover thousands and thousands of people who drive vans for various jobs or just own one on their own.

"If this information had come out earlier, maybe we could have made a difference. Maybe even now, someone can explain who that was driving like a bat out of hell in Rassiers’ driveway that afternoon."

Please make it clear from your contact with DR, when he first revealed a vehicle to LE. It is not included in the current story.

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/20/the-next-day/

"Later, two investigators showed up at the school and searched his car. They opened the trunk, looked at the tires, and then talked to him in the principal’s office for about an hour. He was happy to do so. He wanted to help. (Yet, he finds it odd that if he was really considered a suspect at that point, why the investigators didn’t search the band room or use a police dog to search his car.)"

Are we ok with DR not revealing the vehicles he had seen until he was in the principals office with investigators?

But, she crossed the line imo, by responding and agreeing to meet with the freshly named POI in Jacobs abduction. It hasn't cleared his name. In her credit though, she still left the question open after meeting with him- "either he is lying or telling the truth".

I have to respectfully disagree with you that Joy crossed the line. I give her major props for meeting with DR, Kevin, Jared, etc...no one else has been able to do that outside of the investigators and we've gained a lot of information from her blog. DR spilled a lot of information that we'd never otherwise know

I have to respectfully disagree with you that Joy crossed the line. I give her major props for meeting with DR, Kevin, Jared, etc...no one else has been able to do that outside of the investigators and we've gained a lot of information from her blog. DR spilled a lot of information that we'd never otherwise know

I agree. She knows the answer to the biggest question right now, or can get it.

This is back to the basics here… but one simple thing I realized while watching the show the other night was just how strong of a presence of mind Jacob’s abductor needed to have… to be able to command the scene the way he did in the pitch black darkness. He confidently and very boldly stood there across from the farm drive knowing that it was unlikely that a car would be driving by simply because of the remoteness... and more importantly knowing that nobody would be coming or going from the driveway that he eventually walked Jacob down. Now with that in mind we also have no vehicles that passed the boys while on their way back home which means the abductor clearly saw the boys ride by the first time while on the way to the station and also knew approximately their ages because I don’t believe a random person would’ve made the attempt with the chance of an adult being in the group...and with as dark as it was… you wouldn’t have been able to tell who was approaching you.

Also in regards to the abduction possibly being related to any child ring… it’s very unlikely simply because the abductor would’ve taken more than one kid…if not all of them. I’m sure it would’ve been like hitting the jackpot. Jared’s abductor didn’t wear a mask and let him go because he knew he wouldn’t be recognized because I believe he lived a fair distance away. I believe since Jacob’s abductor wore a mask and let the two others go… that he was very local and easily recognizable.

I know there are several people like myself that strongly believe DR is guilty when it comes to Jacob and others that don’t… but if you sit back with the facts in hand and also try to put yourself in the situation that night….while thinking about all the things that had to take place for this crime of opportunity to happen… there is only one way to look. The case should’ve been easily solved the first year but wasn’t because of tire tracks and also the thinking it was tied to Jared’s abduction….then the release of the various sketches and many other things etc. I don't blame LE because it would've been very easy to do. This abductor has been extremely lucky from the very beginning the way everything unfolded... and I think he knows it! All in my opinion of course.

It was also 2 hours and 8 mins after the abduction before DR was seen. He emerged from the house after his 911 call at 11 23. The police with swirling lights on their cars and high beam flashlights had stationed the area already since 9 45 pm.He then had a brief encounter with Deputy Bechtold, searched his buildings, and im guessing back in bed by 12 15.

This is just me, but -- if a child went missing from my driveway, believe, I would not even pretend to go to bed.

Why do people always call to ask, are you ok? When that person has been left alone for awhile. DR was alone on the farm for days.Did DRs parents call him from europe?

Why had we, the public, never been told about the amber-colored Monte Carlo (or whatever) from earlier in the day? Joy

I think the first question we should answer about this is when DR first revealed any car to LE.

Why were we all busy looking for a white work van with no windows? Joy

I think this is an fbi tactic since they didn't have a great description of any vehicle, to get people to look at everyone and their neighbors. It would literally cover thousands and thousands of people who drive vans for various jobs or just own one on their own.

"If this information had come out earlier, maybe we could have made a difference. Maybe even now, someone can explain who that was driving like a bat out of hell in Rassiers’ driveway that afternoon."

Please make it clear from your contact with DR, when he first revealed a vehicle to LE. It is not included in the current story.

Can someone please explain the white work van?

Over and over and over again on here, the white van has been explained. Why does Joy persist in this falsehood?

As far as Joy being affected deeply, when did she become affected deeply?

She lived by DAH issues and Jared and the Paynesville children issues.

But she did not know of them? Huh?

Why do people always call to ask, are you ok? When that person has been left alone for awhile. DR was alone on the farm for days.Did DRs parents call him from europe?

Why would they? He was 30 some years old. I doubt if they had a clue that happened. How would they ?

Calling from Europe was quite an ordeal back then.

It was also 2 hours and 8 mins after the abduction before DR was seen. He emerged from the house after his 911 call at 11 23. The police with swirling lights on their cars and high beam flashlights had stationed the area already since 9 45 pm.He then had a brief encounter with Deputy Bechtold, searched his buildings, and im guessing back in bed by 12 15.

That is a long time. Wow

Just hoping someone may be able to shed some light on something for me. I am new to commenting on this thread, but I have been following it for a very long time, along with the entire sad event. Although I only officially became a member some 6-7 mos ago, I have been a visitor to WS for several years. So, here is my question.....back around the time Kevin came forward regarding the tire tracks, there was some interesting speculation going on about the whole hockey community. There was quite a bit of talk whether someone from this community had something to do with the abduction. Was someone watching Jacob? Were there strange people hanging around the hockey rink? Was Jacob targeted before hand? The day of the abduction, Jerry panicked momentarily when he lost sight of him at the hockey rink. A weird parents premonition? What brought this all back to mind for me was that a couple of the boys in Paynesville were approached near the hockey rink. Did this ever go any further? Does anyone else, or does anyone still think there is still a connection between the two? Just remembering that it was quite the chatter 4-5 yrs ago and then it seemed, to me, it was dropped.
Anyone?? Thanks

Just hoping someone may be able to shed some light on something for me. I am new to commenting on this thread, but I have been following it for a very long time, along with the entire sad event. Although I only officially became a member some 6-7 mos ago, I have been a visitor to WS for several years. So, here is my question.....back around the time Kevin came forward regarding the tire tracks, there was some interesting speculation going on about the whole hockey community. There was quite a bit of talk whether someone from this community had something to do with the abduction. Was someone watching Jacob? Were there strange people hanging around the hockey rink? Was Jacob targeted before hand? The day of the abduction, Jerry panicked momentarily when he lost sight of him at the hockey rink. A weird parents premonition? What brought this all back to mind for me was that a couple of the boys in Paynesville were approached near the hockey rink. Did this ever go any further? Does anyone else, or does anyone still think there is still a connection between the two? Just remembering that it was quite the chatter 4-5 yrs ago and then it seemed, to me, it was dropped.
Anyone?? Thanks

We talked about one person relevant to this idea, but as he is not poi and has no public record, all posts were removed. But I think the reminder about it is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03