MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to say thank you to all who have posted timelines, pictures, links to news sources and other information. After 25 years, I think it is time for LE to provide more info to the public. Or should they wait another 25 years? It's this continued refusal to release anything new that might help the public put pieces of the puzzle together that I find vexing. Perhaps I am just jaded from the way Stearns County Sheriff's Dept has handled one of my "pet cases" (Guimond). Lots of dancing around the campfire with that case, singing songs and popping corn but never dousing the flames to see what's beneath them. What is being hidden in this case and why? One would think that the FBI would have uncovered some kind of evidence that might lead to an arrest, but so far, no.

How did Jacob's abductor hide him so quickly and with enough finesse such that the dogs couldn't pick up scent (right?). Did he put Jacob inside some kind of sack and throw him over his shoulder? Or was he masterful at gagging him and rendering him unable to speak or move, allowing the perp to carry him to -- where? No buzzards spotted, no scent, no articles of clothing, no one coming forward -- who was this person that could so carefully cover all his tracks such that neither the FBI nor LE could follow his tracks?

Great insight, ThePhantom! I still think a vehicle was used. Because as you said, why would both his prints and his scent end at the same spot in the driveway...right next to a tire track. A vehicle and a quick exit onto the freeway or where ever would explain why no evidence was left behind. It's difficult to put together a scenario where someone (presumably DR) would have picked him up and was able to subdue him and walk the rest of the way to the house/farm without leaving any more tracks with their own feet, even through the field. And no scent.

And we can all agree that the police/investigators tramping all over the driveway with horses and atv's did not help and only made this 100 times more difficult.

Well, I had also taken that into consideration, that he had, or may have. just woken up, but, I honestly can't see any circumstances, including that, that any person, under the circumstances could Not be Incredibly Shaken (for lack of a better term). I have lots more thoughts on DR, but, trying to just attempt to address a couple things at one time. I personally think No Way that he is the Gunman, that he did the Act, and by himself, and there's more, but, again, can't, and/or, don't want to try and address all aspects at same time. I also think there is a lot on that interview, that I'm referring to (linked in my previous post) that makes DR look incredibly innocent. He, according to him, had no qualms at all about being questioned, doing a polygraph, having his car or property searched, being hypnotized and interviewed. I never heard anything about authorities considering him to be uncooperative in the very earliest hours, days, months of the investigation.

On another, related topic, I think that the LE should have Definitely searched his home and properties, if not that night, then they should have been secured and then searched the next day. I think DR's comment that if they had searched his house that night it'd have been all over; is him saying that if they had searched his home, etc, that night, they'd have found nothing and wouldn't be saying all these years later that he's the single POI.

Edit: 6:15 to add: I agree w/you (Scotgirl) and have been thinking the same thing, that, at this point, I think LE should be more concerned with whether they will ever be able to solve the case itself, to any degree whatsoever, before everyone involved or concerned is dead; than saying that they had to preserve the investigation to ensure prosecution. If it's ever resolved definitively, the perpetrator is going to be along in years to some extent, and I can't see how they could not get a satisfactory prosecution, regardless of information in the public domain!

It would be interesting to see the full raw footage of the interview with DR to see exactly what was said before/after that part of the conversation. Sort of like the Fox9 raw footage tape with Aaron. It was nice to hear the full conversation and everything in proper context. And the most obvious part...it would be nice to hear the actual 911 call that LE never saved! Arrggh.

Has DR ever retained a lawyer in regards to this case?

View attachment 61943

Any car that pulls into this driveway between 915 and 945 is going to reveal itself at some point on the driveway. Whether it be one, two, three, four vehicles in that time.

Great picture, Sasq! Is this taken from right at the end of the driveway? Do you have any sort of zoom on the camera?

Is the lighter-colored pole on the right side....is that the spot where the Jacob's footprints ended?

Would you be able to spot a vehicle in the dark that was parked this far away from the road?

stjoe2.jpg

I will try to be more specific with my question. If you were standing on the road at the red dot (abduction spot) could you spot a vehicle sitting 40 yards up the driveway (red dot on right) in the dark of the night? That looks like a great distance to me, especially if you aren't standing there straining to see a vehicle. If you're just passing by and not even looking that direction...?

Sasquatch’s pic demonstrates the importance of visiting the site(which I have not done and so am at a disadvantage). It also demonstrates the topography of DR’s driveway…it really drops off to the east! There must be a somewhat steep decline heading east towards the curve. As for whether or not a vehicle parked at the location of Jacob’s last footprint could not be seen from the vantage point of the mailbox IMO I don’t think it would be visible under the conditions of that night. This is something that can be tested and verified, maybe not on the actual site.

I'm not sure if this link (below) has been posted before or not...but it is handy for searching accused priests. You can select them all by state and then off to the right there are several source links for additional info also.

http://bishop-accountability.org/member/

Sasquatch’s pic demonstrates the importance of visiting the site(which I have not done and so am at a disadvantage). It also demonstrates the topography of DR’s driveway…it really drops off to the east! There must be a somewhat steep decline heading east towards the curve. As for whether or not a vehicle parked at the location of Jacob’s last footprint could not be seen from the vantage point of the mailbox IMO I don’t think it would be visible under the conditions of that night. This is something that can be tested and verified, maybe not on the actual site.

Yes, quite easily. There would be no obstruction whatever

Actually, the first hundred yards or so, going east, are slightly uphill.

I will try to be more specific with my question. If you were standing on the road at the red dot (abduction spot) could you spot a vehicle sitting 40 yards up the driveway (red dot on right) in the dark of the night? That looks like a great distance to me, especially if you aren't standing there straining to see a vehicle. If you're just passing by and not even looking that direction...?

This picture may be accurate today, but was not accurate as of 1989. In 1989 the 1st pole was at the west end of the driveway. This is very significant, because that cuts in half the distance from the road to Jacobs last footprints, as depicted in the picture.

This picture may be accurate today, but was not accurate as of 1989. In 1989 the 1st pole was at the west end of the driveway. This is very significant, because that cuts in half the distance from the road to Jacobs last footprints, as depicted in the picture.

Do you mean his last footprints were actually at what is, in that picture, the first pole?

Great insight, ThePhantom! I still think a vehicle was used. Because as you said, why would both his prints and his scent end at the same spot in the driveway...right next to a tire track. A vehicle and a quick exit onto the freeway or where ever would explain why no evidence was left behind. It's difficult to put together a scenario where someone (presumably DR) would have picked him up and was able to subdue him and walk the rest of the way to the house/farm without leaving any more tracks with their own feet, even through the field. And no scent.

And we can all agree that the police/investigators tramping all over the driveway with horses and atv's did not help and only made this 100 times more difficult.

I would argue that Jacobs scent did not end at the tire track and was the reason they headed north to the woodpile instead of west south or east.

According to the picture I posted, the second lightpole is shown and that is where the vehicle is said to have been. If I were standing on the road it's pretty clear that vehicle would be visibile.

I would argue that Jacobs scent did not end at the tire track and was the reason they headed north to the woodpile instead of west south or east.

Oh I must be mistaken. I thought his scent ended on the driveway. I didn't know the dogs went to the woodpile

Oh I must be mistaken. I thought his scent ended on the driveway. I didn't know the dogs went to the woodpile

I just believe there is a lack of complete information surrounding it. Why did they check out the woodpile?

So, heading east from the mailbox, for the first 100 yards the driveway ascends? Then it must descend after that? Is the 'hill' DR refers to?

So, heading east from the mailbox, for the first 100 yards the driveway ascends? Then it must descend after that? Is the 'hill' DR refers to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist