MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many individuals interviewed and suspects cleared were family members of LE and families of "influence and high regard" in the St Paul area? I have never got an answer to that question.

Not St.Paul. St.Joseph. St. Cloud. Totally different.

I doubt if DAH, Hubers, Lou, Bahners, for instance, were on anyone's list of people to save

I went to Google maps and mapped out 40 yards (which is 120 feet…I had to look that up, lol!)

Here is how far from the road that would be (not nearly as far up as I had imagined)

40_Yards_120_Feet.jpg

Now part 2 of this post. Is anyone talented enough to try to estimate 40 yards/120 feet in this photo? I couldn’t get Google Maps to map out the distance using street view.

Driveway_View.jpg

Wow, you are BRAVE!!!

There are people who live there and drive everyday, walk, and run that road.

The Brave ones are the Wetterlings who go past there everyday and face the world with love and hope. They did not succumb to the evil.

Can anyone tell me, and sorry if this is going over old ground i have tried to find the thread where this was discussed before, why did LE discount this Stearnstruth tapes where they are talking about 'Lou' taking Jacob?

Can anyone tell me, and sorry if this is going over old ground i have tried to find the thread where this was discussed before, why did LE discount this Stearnstruth tapes where they are talking about 'Lou' taking Jacob?

I may be wrong; and I'll be Glad to be Corrected; because it's a sore spot with me. I don't believe that there is Any documentation or good description of When Or Why LE ever Discounted or ever Cleared Anyone! Something I've been thinking about for a while. I'd like to see some form of somewhat comprehensive description as to whether or not Certain POI's who had been considered at one time or another to be possible suspects, have been 'Cleared' by LE. There have been more than a couple of cases, that have gone on over a period of years, where someone was eventually convicted who had been "Cleared" earlier on in the investigation. So, I'd like to see some form of documentation on who is 'cleared' and if so, how/why they are considered cleared. All that I've ever really seen is various 'by the way' comments around the internet, such as, 'LE has discounted the Stearn Tapes as unreliable' or something of that nature.

I will delve into this story in detail in my book. It's a convoluted tale to say the least, but you'll see the tapes were not the beginning of the story.

We're those folks cleared? Not necessarily. Can't say more on here, sorry.

I will delve into this story in detail in my book. It's a convoluted tale to say the least, but you'll see the tapes were not the beginning of the story.

We're those folks cleared? Not necessarily. Can't say more on here, sorry.
Really looking forward to reading your book ELOCsoul. When can we do that?

I may be wrong; and I'll be Glad to be Corrected; because it's a sore spot with me. I don't believe that there is Any documentation or good description of When Or Why LE ever Discounted or ever Cleared Anyone! Something I've been thinking about for a while. I'd like to see some form of somewhat comprehensive description as to whether or not Certain POI's who had been considered at one time or another to be possible suspects, have been 'Cleared' by LE. There have been more than a couple of cases, that have gone on over a period of years, where someone was eventually convicted who had been "Cleared" earlier on in the investigation. So, I'd like to see some form of documentation on who is 'cleared' and if so, how/why they are considered cleared. All that I've ever really seen is various 'by the way' comments around the internet, such as, 'LE has discounted the Stearn Tapes as unreliable' or something of that nature.

Completely agree Dave K. Those answers would be good

There are people who live there and drive everyday, walk, and run that road.

Oh please. Of course people go on that road. But has anyone else gone to the abduction spot on the 25th anniversary, in the dark, at the exact time of the abduction?! NO. That is all I meant. Good grief.

They have said that they have a small group of folks who have never been cleared. We know DR is a POI. We can only guess who the other ones are that are left on the table. DAH I would think...perhaps the Hubers were still on the table as he was revisited as recently as this summer.

Jared said in the recent Kare 11 interview that he himself has it pretty narrowed down and is ready to move ahead/move forward (with trying to pin down and arrest?? not sure). Very very interesting. I wish we'd see some action!

Exactly, Dave K. I don't believe LE or FBI has publicly given a reason as to why people were ruled out, why they believe no car was used in the abduction. They are keeping everything secret. Which is probably why this blog is so active. Too much room for speculation, not enough facts released by LE. It's been 25 years. Give the public more info so this can be solved.

I was reviewing the Case Facts thread and noticed one thing that is incorrect in the Who's Who post. FJT is listed as a former parish priest in St. Joseph, but he is actually the current parish priest and he is not an admitted sex offender on restriction.

He should be on restriction. He just hasn't been caught yet. He was living in the same on campus apartment as Josh G when he went missing. The family has evidence Josh made it back to the room that night and disappeared from the room. But that is info for Josh's thread.

http://greaterminnesota.kstp.com/ne...ve-interview-jacob-wetterling-person-interest - 14 min interview w/DR from 2010; I found link on one of the Case Facts pages.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/ - WCCO interview w/DR.

I personally find this pretty interesting. A 14 min interview with DR, in 2010; it was after he was named POI and after the 2010 search of his property/house, which are talked about. I remember thinking, years back, when I was younger, (recently turned 60), but, I remember how I used to think that I'd be able to spot a Liar, and that just by watching, observing someone, under certain circumstances that, I'd be able to tell if someone is being or trying to be deceitful. However, I've followed truckloads of true crime, mainly on television for several years now, and it's amazing how so many people can seem perfectly sincere while they are being perfectly deceitful! Really, it's amazing! Having said that, sometimes, I am able to spot when someone is being deceitful, and/or, to rule someone else out as being sincere; by saying this, I mean that as I'm coming to conclusions as I'm watching a particular show (documentary type) and I'm trying to get a sense of who is being up front, and who is being deceitful, then I'm able to tell when the show progresses and reveals who's who, that I had it right as to who was lying or not.

I'm having to be Really, really cautious and reserved concerning DR. Watching this, and the other interview that I linked to a couple of days ago (I guess I'll just link to it again here) by WCCO, that he seems pretty straight forward to me, along with what I've read about him on Joy's Blog. He appears to be actually interested in having the case solved, if even for selfish reasons, because, he feels that having the case solved is the only thing that will be able to actually clear him. If he is in fact completely innocent; he's really put up with a lot from LE for a long time, a great many years.

I'm not making a case here that he's innocent or anything else, just making some observations; for whatever it's worth.

Something I noticed about this interview; the 14 min one; if you want to watch it Full Screen and you have to do that to be able to manipulate the controls, such as pause, back up, go forward, volume control, etc..., you have to select Full Screen before you hit play. If you just hit Play when it's in the small screen when you open the page, then it just plays, and you can't make it full screen or manipulate the pause, volume or anything.

Seems like there was something else that I had intended on including in this post; so, if I think of it, I'll have to include it in an edit.

During the interview, they speak about something about blood on a cedar chest, also something about an umbrella stand; well, this has been done in 2010; if there were anything of significance, especially concerning any blood, then there would have been action taken by now. Also interesting; one of the items listed on the search warrant was a 'silver hand gun' and DR says that neither he nor his father/family own or have ever owned any hand guns. It seems to me that with all the investigating that's gone on in this case, for so long, that if he and/or even his father had owned a hand gun that it would have been found out by now. And, it seems kind of significant, concerning the significance of a hand gun in this case, and other possibly related cases.

http://greaterminnesota.kstp.com/ne...ve-interview-jacob-wetterling-person-interest - 14 min interview w/DR from 2010; I found link on one of the Case Facts pages.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/ - WCCO interview w/DR.

I personally find this pretty interesting. A 14 min interview with DR, in 2010; it was after he was named POI and after the 2010 search of his property/house, which are talked about. I remember thinking, years back, when I was younger, (recently turned 600), but, I remember how I used to think that I'd be able to spot a Liar, and that just by watching, observing someone, under certain circumstances that, I'd be able to tell if someone is being or trying to be deceitful. However, I've followed truckloads of true crime, mainly on television for several years now, and it's amazing how so many people can seem perfectly sincere while they are being perfectly deceitful! Really, it's amazing! Having said that, sometimes, I am able to spot when someone is being deceitful, and/or, to rule someone else out as being sincere; by saying this, I mean that as I'm coming to conclusions as I'm watching a particular show (documentary type) and I'm trying to get a sense of who is being up front, and who is being deceitful, then I'm able to tell when the show progresses and reveals who's who, that I had it right as to who was lying or not.

I'm having to be Really, really cautious and reserved concerning DR. Watching this, and the other interview that I linked to a couple of days ago (I guess I'll just link to it again here) by WCCO, that he seems pretty straight forward to me, along with what I've read about him on Joy's Blog. He appears to be actually interested in having the case solved, if even for selfish reasons, because, he feels that having the case solved is the only thing that will be able to actually clear him. If he is in fact completely innocent; he's really put up with a lot from LE for a long time, a great many years.

I'm not making a case here that he's innocent or anything else, just making some observations; for whatever it's worth.

Something I noticed about this interview; the 14 min one; if you want to watch it Full Screen and you have to do that to be able to manipulate the controls, such as pause, back up, go forward, volume control, etc..., you have to select Full Screen before you hit play. If you just hit Play when it's in the small screen when you open the page, then it just plays, and you can't make it full screen or manipulate the pause, volume or anything.

Seems like there was something else that I had intended on including in this post; so, if I think of it, I'll have to include it in an edit.

I too have always wondered if i would be able to tell and my gut instinct is that DR did not do it. Maybe his behaviour was a bit off at times but to have done this yet nothing else before and after Jacob, to remain calm with what i feel is a fairly consistant story over this many years with this amount of scrutiny, he would have to be a criminal mastermind. I could of course be proven totally wrong, which would be great as it would mean the case was going somewhere but you're right if he is eventually found to be totally innocent he has put up with a lot. More than i could that's for sure

He may be accused of misconduct, but he is not on restriction and he is currently the pastor in St. Joseph parish: http://www.churchstjoseph.org/about-us/parish-staff/

So I guess we just wait until it happens again?? Until he is caught red-handed so to speak? THEN will the victim be validated?

I am completely disgusted that guys like this are still free to molest again. I can't believe any parent would let their child be alone (alter boy etc) with him. Is the alleged molestation case still being investigated or did it just "go away".

(Not upset with you Matthew, just feeling a bit incredulous)

Exactly, Dave K. I don't believe LE or FBI has publicly given a reason as to why people were ruled out, why they believe no car was used in the abduction. They are keeping everything secret. Which is probably why this blog is so active. Too much room for speculation, not enough facts released by LE. It's been 25 years. Give the public more info so this can be solved.

I personally, with my relatively limited knowledge of circumstances, have frankly a pretty significantly negative feeling about LE in this case. I really do. I can think of quite a few things that LE could do that would help the public, and they seem really intent on Not doing Anything that will help as far as Public Knowledge. As if, they think they need to protect the case from the public, but, the way they're going about it; that's nonsense. Especially at this point! I frankly somewhat presume at this point, that they'd be afraid to let the public know just how much they don't know; so, they're hiding as if they can't reveal anything. I think that protecting a prosecution at this point is a false curtain. They should get any information to the public that may help, and, if it's concluded definitively, who is responsible, then I suspect that they'd be able to prosecute. Hell, if it's concluded definitively who's responsible, they may be dead!

C

The only one that I recall as being cleared is DAH. It is on here somewhere

If a person has a smoker's voice does it mean they smoke? <modsnip> the perp clearly made every attempt to cover up his entire body except maybe his hands?

Doesn't it follow that he would also disguise his voice?

<modsnip> everyone who has a raspy (smoker's) voice smokes? If that is an irrefutable fact, then looking for a smoker makes sense.

My 11/2 year old grandchild makes different voices for talking such as bear and shark which are raspy , low. I think that a full grown person who has listed on his Linked that he has done choir knows quite well how to disguise a voice. Think of movie stars with their fake British accents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova