MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth; at this point, I'm not able to come to Any conclusions about "Kevin" except to point out what I had about the tracks, etc..., and to say that, in my last post I really felt like I should put Kevin in quotes, like "Kevin" because I'm really not certain anyone knows anything about him. I had said the same thing in a previous post. Actually, I have another post pretty much just on the subject of Kevin, that I'm kind of working on.

I think that most agree, that it's borderline unbelievable that Kevin and his girlfriend's brother, who worked at the fire station that night and "discussed" the fact that the FBI was making casts of tracks in DR's driveway, and Neither of them bothered to come forward for 14 years till 2003. It's just something that's borderline beyond belief.

I just don't know. Like I said, other than that, I don't have any real conclusions about Kevin; but, I do have questions. As I put it in my other post, not posted yet, that the whole scenario brought about concerning Kevin, leaves us with "Unknowns" and even though I don't really think in any way that Kevin's responsible, at all; given the circumstances, it would be good to be able to clear up any "Unknowns" that we can. If we can.

The entire "Kevin" scenario is odd at best.

Kevin was a ruse. JMO.....Kevin may be irrelevant.

The entire "Kevin" scenario is odd at best.

Going with (and agreeing with) that specific quote:

"The entire "Kevin" scenario is odd at best."

That's it! My main concern(s) with the 'entire Kevin Scenario' is that, it's somehow kind of 'altogether odd' and in some parts 'specifically odd!' And, the fact that it's contemporaneous with the immediate aftermath - the first 20 minutes after the crime was reported, and coincidentally, took place specifically at the crime scene. (For what it's worth; to qualify 'crime scene' first, I'd say the crime scene was first, the middle of the road where the kids were stopped, then to the side of the road, where they laid down their bikes, and they laid down themselves, then, the two ran from, and Jacob was taken from; then, DR's driveway; from there, we don't know). But, it seems like, there is limited Fact to go by; and the first 20, 30, 45 mins, 1, 2 hrs, etc.... are critical to having any understanding of what happened. Whatever we can Learn and Understand about what took place in that time frame, is what we have to go by. Especially, since there have not been any reports of activity concerning Jacob following that evening.

The other concern I have with Kevin is that, he reported in 2003 (14 yrs afterward) that he had driven through the crime scene, and then, the response, reaction to this report by LE. The thing is, going by Kevin's story that the car he was driving, his girlfriend's, had New Tires, 1 week old, as I mentioned in a previous post, I can not imagine Any Investigation, where at least One Investigator did Not realize that they were dealing with Tracks made by New Tires, which in itself, gives them some lead. From there, with the statement that the new tires were installed at a St. Cloud tire dealer, 1 week earlier. I can't imagine that this information had not been brought to light with the initial investigation.

This is from joys blog

"As the week progressed, Kevin and Dan continued to go to work, as usual. Later in the week (Friday, most likely) Kevin decided to drive past the area where he’d seen the bikes to see what it looked like during the day. When he got to Rassiers’ driveway, he noticed crime tape around the area where the bikes had been, and saw a bunch of media vans down at the end of the road (by the curve that goes toward Wetterlings). He decided to just turn around in Rassiers’ driveway and leave (this time he DID just pull in and back up). As he was heading back north into town, he sees the “medical cop” from the Tom Thumb that night heading south down that same road. He knew it was the same guy because he was driving the same unmarked squad car that he’d seen in the parking lot that night. As the two cars pass each other, Kevin and the bomber-jacket-medical-cop-guy lock eyes and recognize each other. Kevin gets chills down his spine. To this day, he wonders why the guy didn’t turn around and pull Kevin over so he could question him about what he may have witnessed that night. (That is, if he really WAS a cop.)"

What did he hear? Who knows.

Tracker, do you feel this was for public consumption?

The radio dispatch or releasing the information about Kevin following the cars to the scene?

I doubt the radio dispatch was anything other than an "all hands on deck" by a dispatcher creating a sense of urgency. Releasing it to the public may have been PR.

This is from joys blog

"As the week progressed, Kevin and Dan continued to go to work, as usual. Later in the week (Friday, most likely) Kevin decided to drive past the area where he’d seen the bikes to see what it looked like during the day. When he got to Rassiers’ driveway, he noticed crime tape around the area where the bikes had been, and saw a bunch of media vans down at the end of the road (by the curve that goes toward Wetterlings). He decided to just turn around in Rassiers’ driveway and leave (this time he DID just pull in and back up). As he was heading back north into town, he sees the “medical cop” from the Tom Thumb that night heading south down that same road. He knew it was the same guy because he was driving the same unmarked squad car that he’d seen in the parking lot that night. As the two cars pass each other, Kevin and the bomber-jacket-medical-cop-guy lock eyes and recognize each other. Kevin gets chills down his spine. To this day, he wonders why the guy didn’t turn around and pull Kevin over so he could question him about what he may have witnessed that night. (That is, if he really WAS a cop.)"

This seems to me that this person has to be Feeney. This "medical cop" with the squad car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we keep going at things this way there is no point. We are not doing anything at all positive for Jacob.

I don't totally disagree, but I will note that in the past, I have dismissed (in my own mind) an individual as not related to a case or cleared by LE, only to have them turn out to be the actor. Happened twice in Philadelphia when it turned out family members had killed the child in a fit of anger and put them out in the trash a block or two away. I can't get past that, probably never will.

I never discount anyone or any evidence, I just rate them in priority and probability. :)

Just to get a visual... a Bomber jacket example. Did/do police commonly wear jackets like this? Perhaps we can look at some of the photos from the searches to see if anyone is wearing a jacket like this?

flight_leather_bomber_jacket_850233a4.jpg

47_12.jpg

Attachments

• boy2_bomber1.jpg
    boy2_bomber1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 111
"Bomber Jackets" also refer to the military nylon flight jackets (with and without a fur trim) that also come in other colors and are very popular with first responders. High vis green and/or black (police) and blue (EMS).

Has anyone on here heard if police tried to link Jacob's case to any others around the country around that same general time period? In particular, I noted of similar age/time period:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/henderson_charles.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/himebaugh_mark.html

http://www.411gina.org/cases/dunaheemichaelwayne.htm
(much younger in age, but similar timeframe)

Here is the link that I used to browse cases, if anyone is interested:
http://www.411gina.org/cases/themissing.htm

Has anyone on here heard if police tried to link Jacob's case to any others around the country around that same general time period? In particular, I noted of similar age/time period:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/henderson_charles.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/himebaugh_mark.html

http://www.411gina.org/cases/dunaheemichaelwayne.htm
(much younger in age, but similar timeframe)

Here is the link that I used to browse cases, if anyone is interested:
http://www.411gina.org/cases/themissing.htm

I would surely hope that they have; especially with the FBI and all agencies that were involved; but, I don't remember any information having been put out describing whether this type of comparison had taken place or not. If they hadn't before now; I still hope that they will.

I'd also be curious to know, so, hopefully if anyone knows anything concerning such searches, they'll respond; but, I really think that whatever stuff like that which may or may not have been done, isn't really very accessible by the public.

S
Going with (and agreeing with) that specific quote:

"The entire "Kevin" scenario is odd at best."

That's it! My main concern(s) with the 'entire Kevin Scenario' is that, it's somehow kind of 'altogether odd' and in some parts 'specifically odd!' And, the fact that it's contemporaneous with the immediate aftermath - the first 20 minutes after the crime was reported, and coincidentally, took place specifically at the crime scene. (For what it's worth; to qualify 'crime scene' first, I'd say the crime scene was first, the middle of the road where the kids were stopped, then to the side of the road, where they laid down their bikes, and they laid down themselves, then, the two ran from, and Jacob was taken from; then, DR's driveway; from there, we don't know). But, it seems like, there is limited Fact to go by; and the first 20, 30, 45 mins, 1, 2 hrs, etc.... are critical to having any understanding of what happened. Whatever we can Learn and Understand about what took place in that time frame, is what we have to go by. Especially, since there have not been any reports of activity concerning Jacob following that evening.

The other concern I have with Kevin is that, he reported in 2003 (14 yrs afterward) that he had driven through the crime scene, and then, the response, reaction to this report by LE. The thing is, going by Kevin's story that the car he was driving, his girlfriend's, had New Tires, 1 week old, as I mentioned in a previous post, I can not imagine Any Investigation, where at least One Investigator did Not realize that they were dealing with Tracks made by New Tires, which in itself, gives them some lead. From there, with the statement that the new tires were installed at a St. Cloud tire dealer, 1 week earlier. I can't imagine that this information had not been brought to light with the initial investigation.

The tires could have been bought anywhere. Why St. Cloud?

I don't understand, if I'm angering people I don't mean to. But in the moment we are finding out as referenced by shergal above that we don't probably know if Feeney had been alone after he dropped that kid off. I am assuming he had another kid or adult passenger that is passing for his alibi, but it appears it's not yet a known fact. What scares me about Feeney and his involvement in this-

1. If he was alone after he dropped the kid off he probably already wanted more then what he had already done that weekend, he see's the boys, it's not over.
2. He seems to have a age preference, choosing Jacob as the tallest and oldest one?
3. For what he does I can see him having a handgun, nylons, and what not on him.
4. He writes about Jacob in his journal, even asking himself if he could have done it in his sleep.
5. He is a convicted child molestor and was in the immediate area that night.
6. He calls himself a monster.

In a journal from the early 1990s, Feeney wrote, “It would be so much easier to simply be gay. At least you could find some support and acceptance from others who share your feelings. How many support groups are there for potential child molesters? Call it what you want. That’s what I am. I am a monster.”

In the journal, Feeney also writes about going outside and shooting himself, saying, “at least the kids would be safe from me and my temptation.”

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/investigators-in-feeneys-words/

Jacob was the tallest and oldest? How would perp know that?

I would surely hope that they have; especially with the FBI and all agencies that were involved; but, I don't remember any information having been put out describing whether this type of comparison had taken place or not. If they hadn't before now; I still hope that they will.

I'd also be curious to know, so, hopefully if anyone knows anything concerning such searches, they'll respond; but, I really think that whatever stuff like that which may or may not have been done, isn't really very accessible by the public.

Yes, they did. I remember . So no link.

Someone may wish to pay for and search news archives

Just to get a visual... a Bomber jacket example. Did/do police commonly wear jackets like this? Perhaps we can look at some of the photos from the searches to see if anyone is wearing a jacket like this?

flight_leather_bomber_jacket_850233a4.jpg

47_12.jpg

I remember when those were popular. When was that? Anyone know years?

This is from joys blog

So did Kevin ever see a pic of Feeney?

He never saw this guy again who he saw twice in one week?

Did he look at photos LE had of suspets or personnel?

I did a paper in college like 25 or so years ago. The research then showed MN had a high rate of sexual abuse but the research at that time showed that we had a higher rate of reporting.

One thing for sure is that alcohol is a big part of this. Alcohol leads to dysfunctional families . Secrets and shame are the biggies for dysfunction. Kids and the other adults hide what goes on at home. Kids don't have friends over because they can never predict what a parent may be like.

They learn never to talk about the family secrets. Many issues with alcoholism.

I think Minnesota is number three in the US for alcohol consumption.

Wisconsin is even worse. The industry has such a hold on that state that they cannot get decent drunk driving laws.

I was in Loiusiana years ago and they had drive ins where you could purchase drinks to go. The driver was not supposed to have one.

I will not say 100% ,( but I do feel it is),in all my years of teaching , I saw the situations children came from that had issues, and they were all from alcoholic homes.

Because of privacy issues, the public has no clue what things we see with children in schools.

One of my former students, and this was written up in the paper, lived in a house where the plumbing failed. So they used the bathtub as a toilet. It was filled to the brim .

And of course there were other issues, but feature that. The children were removed, but mom went on to have more. And this is just a mild situation.

I'm sure Stearns County is probably one of the top counties in Minnesota for alcohol consumption with its high population of German Catholics. During the prohibition period, Holdingford, which is about 17 miles from St. Joseph, was known as the moonshine capital of Minnesota. The local catholic churches were very involved in the production of moonshine. If you ever get a chance, check out the book Minnesota 13 by Elaine Davis or just google "Minnesota 13"

I'm sure Stearns County is probably one of the top counties in Minnesota for alcohol consumption with its high population of German Catholics. During the prohibition period, Holdingford, which is about 17 miles from St. Joseph, was known as the moonshine capital of Minnesota. The local catholic churches were very involved in the production of moonshine. If you ever get a chance, check out the book Minnesota 13 by Elaine Davis or just google "Minnesota 13"

You have great info, very interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members