MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, interesting. I wish we could see those. Someone might recognize who it was.

I agree. Nothing wrong with putting out numerous suspect sketches. Give Captain Jensen a call and ask her. The call has already been made and her response was "It's an active and ongoing investigation and they can't release any information"..... Suspect sketches I would think do no good sitting in a file cabinet.

Nmogren, go to behindthepinecurtain website, on the first page scroll down til you see a picture of the monk Fran Hoefgen (credibly accused of sexual molestation) and compare to the third image on the right.

The image on the left resembles Bruce Wollmering complete with what appears to have been a broken nose. Apparently individuals did come forward to inquire whether that image was Wollmering. Was his alibi that night or the night Joshua vanished ever looked into? Of course not.

The problem we have here is that many older men resemble these images. This is where having all the facts would be most helpful. If we knew what LE has, we could have more productive dialogues. Stearns County's secrecy has done little to move the Wetterling case (and Guimond) forward.

Dr. Immelman (St. John's University) follows both these cases closely. You might want to check out his blog if you haven't yet done so.

Just curious...where were the bike trails in 1989?

From the area that's now Klinefelter Park, east to 91st Ave., then north to what's now known as Baker street. Watch for an update coming to Joy's blog for details.

Dr. Immelman (St. John's University) follows both these cases closely. You might want to check out his blog if you haven't yet done so.

I have followed his blog, very interesting indeed. I believe that DR and his pedophile priest buds were hanging out and nabbed him and off they went to the St. John's and he vanished into the secrecy along with Josh G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He acted very strangely. Think kevin's action probably saved him.

I'm not certain whether I understand your comment there; but, if you're saying that you think that Kevin's action probably saved DR. I'm pretty certain, and I've had it clarified on here in previous posts, that DR was only named POI, after Kevin came forward. He hadn't been considered a POI from 1989 - 2003; it's when Kevin came around that LE decided that there had been no vehicle involved in the abduction and following that, DR became their POI.

Actually, I just went to clarify that and found the post that I was referring to; it's on thread #12, #465 from Shergal; here's her quote from that post:

"DR was not named as a POI until AFTER LE searched his gravel pit, farm and home in 2010."

So that's even later than what I had been thinking about 2003, but, again, it wasn't until 2003 that LE decided that because Kevin had driven through, that there was no vehicle used in the abduction; and I have to figure, that would lead them to consider DR since Jacob's last footprints were found on his property.

I'm not certain whether I understand your comment there; but, if you're saying that you think that Kevin's action probably saved DR. I'm pretty certain, and I've had it clarified on here in previous posts, that DR was only named POI, after Kevin came forward. He hadn't been considered a POI from 1989 - 2003; it's when Kevin came around that LE decided that there had been no vehicle involved in the abduction and following that, DR became their POI.
Yes, that is my point. <modsnip>

Yes, he was out for both. How can we put him an hour away from home, and an hour away from children he was molesting near home? How can we put him on a dead end road in an area that was likely unfamiliar? And if he was familiar, then shouldn't someone else have known and recognized him?

And that's where the focus needs to be, at likely suspects. People who would've fit the profile, have the history, and not those with NO HISTORY AT ALL. The person who is responsible for this, has done something similar in the past. It's not just one and done. They suffer from a disgusting metal sickness that isn't cured with Robitussin. It's possible to get somewhere on this case provided people are not misdirecting others focus with unfounded false information. Until things change, the wheels are just going to spin, with no progress made...... Sad deal!

He acted very strangely. Think kevin's action probably saved him.

Ok, I think it hit me; I guess I do understand what you're saying here. I think. I think, you're saying that you think that Kevin driving through the driveway saved DR, because, you think that DR is the perpetrator. Is that what you meant?

I didn't see it like that for a couple of reasons. 1) since I've followed the story, it's been my understanding that DR was never a suspect or POI, until after Kevin came forward. 2) I don't think that DR is the perpetrator.

I don't really want to go into that too much here (at this point); but, for what it's worth, I don't discount that DR knew the perpetrator and/or what happened; but, I don't think that he's the actual and especially not the sole perpetrator.

Personally, I think that DR's house and all should have been searched that night and/or, secured and searched the next day. I wish it would have been.

The past of DAH for those interested and those unaware:

View attachment 64351

View attachment 64352

Thanks for that info. I'm curious about something and I don't know whether you might know or not; and I'm not certain whether it's something you can answer on here or not. Just not certain.

Do you know whether this is the guy who Joy B is referring to, in "The Hunt" as a person who she thinks may be responsible for Jared and Jacob, who was locked up in 1988, but not 1989, and then locked up after that, since 1990? I've been wondering about that for a while. If you happen to know, and it's not something that you can say on the board, I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a PM to let me know. If you don't mind. Thanks...

Thanks for that info. I'm curious about something and I don't know whether you might know or not; and I'm not certain whether it's something you can answer on here or not. Just not certain.

Do you know whether this is the guy who Joy B is referring to, in "The Hunt" as a person who she thinks may be responsible for Jared and Jacob, who was locked up in 1988, but not 1989, and then locked up after that, since 1990? I've been wondering about that for a while. If you happen to know, and it's not something that you can say on the board, I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a PM to let me know. If you don't mind. Thanks...

Did you look at the dates of conviction. Easiest to see on the second pic. Now I can't speak for someone else, but you can see he got locked up in '88, and also in '90. He been in MSOP since 1990. No crimes against children in the area since (that I'm aware of). Interesting right, that's something that cannot be overlooked. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to find out a history of motor vehicle register to someone, because there is also a vehicle that not from the neighborhood that was in the area the day of and a week or more before the abduction. Anyone happen to know if/how this could acquired?

Ok, I think it hit me; I guess I do understand what you're saying here. I think. I think, you're saying that you think that Kevin driving through the driveway saved DR, because, you think that DR is the perpetrator. Is that what you meant?

I didn't see it like that for a couple of reasons. 1) since I've followed the story, it's been my understanding that DR was never a suspect or POI, until after Kevin came forward. 2) I don't think that DR is the perpetrator.

I don't really want to go into that too much here (at this point); but, for what it's worth, I don't discount that DR knew the perpetrator and/or what happened; but, I don't think that he's the actual and especially not the sole perpetrator.

Personally, I think that DR's house and all should have been searched that night and/or, secured and searched the next day. I wish it would have been.

Kevin has nothing to do with the reason for the search warrants in 2010.

I agree with your assessment of chaplain1's post but only he can clarify what his post means...i.e. 'Kevin's actions saved DR'-at least bought him time IMO. Kevin, by happenstance of his tire tracks led LE away from DR's farmstead almost immediately and subsequently for years + years. IF Kevin's tire tracks were the only tracks unidentified then shame on him for waiting for 14 years. On the other hand, IF Kevin's tire tracks were the only tracks unidentified then DR took a HUGE risk if he is the abductor as he would have no way of knowing that Kevin would 'conveniently' drive through the farmstead later. IF LE had been able to identify Kevin's tire tracks in a short amount of time after the abduction then it begs the question: would LE have focused their attention on DR much sooner? Obviously they had to wade through eyewitness testimony of locals who had seen suspicious cars in the neighborhood and track down those cars...but once that was done they would have been left with Kevin's tire tracks and a getaway car theory.

I agree with your assessment of chaplain1's post but only he can clarify what his post means...i.e. 'Kevin's actions saved DR'-at least bought him time IMO. Kevin, by happenstance of his tire tracks led LE away from DR's farmstead almost immediately and subsequently for years + years. IF Kevin's tire tracks were the only tracks unidentified then shame on him for waiting for 14 years. On the other hand, IF Kevin's tire tracks were the only tracks unidentified then DR took a HUGE risk if he is the abductor as he would have no way of knowing that Kevin would 'conveniently' drive through the farmstead later. IF LE had been able to identify Kevin's tire tracks in a short amount of time after the abduction then it begs the question: would LE have focused their attention on DR much sooner? Obviously they had to wade through eyewitness testimony of locals who had seen suspicious cars in the neighborhood and track down those cars...but once that was done they would have been left with Kevin's tire tracks and a getaway car theory.

Once they were all tracked down? Are you sure all unidentified vehicles were tracked down????? Might want to double check that statement!

Once they were all tracked down? Are you sure all unidentified vehicles were tracked down????? Might want to double check that statement!
No, I'm not sure at all....but that's the general consensus-my sentence reflecting that. I've never been able to conclude conclusively the tire track evidence as it is so scantily available to the public-only LE has stated Kevin's tracks led to a perp on foot. Given that, I can't double check that statement. Are YOU sure that there remains unidentified tire tracks?

No, I'm not sure at all....but that's the general consensus-my sentence reflecting that. I've never been able to conclude conclusively the tire track evidence as it is so scantily available to the public-only LE has stated Kevin's tracks led to a perp on foot. Given that, I can't double check that statement. Are YOU sure that there remains unidentified tire tracks?

Did you look at the dates of conviction. Easiest to see on the second pic. Now I can't speak for someone else, but you can see he got locked up in '88, and also in '90. He been in MSOP since 1990. No crimes against children in the area since (that I'm aware of). Interesting right, that's something that cannot be overlooked. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to find out a history of motor vehicle register to someone, because there is also a vehicle that not from the neighborhood that was in the area the day of and a week or more before the abduction. Anyone happen to know if/how this could acquired?

There's a vehicle in question yes. Do you know if there's a way to look-up what vehicles a person has had registered to them....a search by name and not vin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova