Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 11:30:
Rassier says he called 911 when his dog woke him up and he saw flashlights by his woodpile. He thought someone was stealing wood.
“They told me it was a kidnapping, and I go, ‘Oh, really?’ That was pretty much it, and I walked up the hill and talked to one of the sheriff’s people,” Rassier said.
Just months ago, Rassier found out the deputy he talked to was Bruce Bechtold, who is now the chief deputy for Stearns County.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

-I've mentioned before I was 11 years old in 1989 and just happened to live in the neighborhood, remember it like it was last week
Sorry I missed that! Really! ....but you're a contemporary of Jacob?...and you lived in the neighborhood?....certainly this rings profoundly in your life. I'm not sure what to say....but I can now understand your drive to find the truth. You must have a lot of questions and insights being from the immediate vicinity. Not sure how much you can reveal but if you've read through WS since the beginning there must be certain portions that come to the forefront than not?

Did you look at the dates of conviction. Easiest to see on the second pic. Now I can't speak for someone else, but you can see he got locked up in '88, and also in '90. He been in MSOP since 1990. No crimes against children in the area since (that I'm aware of). Interesting right, that's something that cannot be overlooked. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to find out a history of motor vehicle register to someone, because there is also a vehicle that not from the neighborhood that was in the area the day of and a week or more before the abduction. Anyone happen to know if/how this could acquired?

From what I have found, DAH owned a car but it was not registered. He was known to borrow cars from others. Here is an excerpt from "It Can't Happen Here":

Hart was shown several sketches of possible suspects in both cases. Hart suggested one man in particular that he thought matched the description in Jared's case in Cold Spring. Hart’s basis for identifying that particular individual was that the man often wore military type clothing, drove a dark blue car, and had a hand held police scanner. Each of those items was consistent with things cited by Jared in the account of his abduction and assault.

Although Hart owned one or more vehicles of his own, it was believed that he did not register the vehicles. He was known to borrow cars from others, and he did acknowledge to the investigator that he sometimes borrowed a car that belonged to his foster parents' neighbor. He said the car the neighbor owned was a dark blue 1986 Buick Regal. Hart was aware that detectives in the Wetterling and Cold Spring cases were looking for a newer, dark blue, four door car, because that was the description that Jared had given to police. The car that Hart told investigators about, the 1986 Buick Regal, was only available as a two-door car. The car that the neighbor actually owned was a dark blue 1986 Chrysler LeBarron GTS Premium. That model was a four-door car. Was Hart simply mistaken when he told the investigator about the Buick Regal, or was he intentionally attempting to be deceptive?

Duane Hart pleaded guilty to six counts of felony criminal sexual conduct following his January 1990, arrest. He was sentenced to a combined nineteen years in prison and was ordered to complete a sex offender treatment program. The charges stemmed from assaults on juvenile boys that Hart committed between June 1, 1987 and January 11, 1990. One of the assaults he was charged with occurred on October 26, 1989, just four days after Jacob Wetterling was abducted.

Investigators worked to link Hart to the handful of assaults that had been reported in the city of Paynesville in 1986 and 1987 but were unable to secure charges in those cases. With a solid case already built against Hart, it's possible that prosecutors elected not to pursue additional charges in other cases to avoid the potentially traumatic involvement of additional children as witnesses in court proceedings.

https://www.facebook.com/searchingforjacob?ref=br_tf

I agree with your assessment of chaplain1's post but only he can clarify what his post means...i.e. 'Kevin's actions saved DR'-at least bought him time IMO. Kevin, by happenstance of his tire tracks led LE away from DR's farmstead almost immediately and subsequently for years + years. IF Kevin's tire tracks were the only tracks unidentified then shame on him for waiting for 14 years. On the other hand, IF Kevin's tire tracks were the only tracks unidentified then DR took a HUGE risk if he is the abductor as he would have no way of knowing that Kevin would 'conveniently' drive through the farmstead later. IF LE had been able to identify Kevin's tire tracks in a short amount of time after the abduction then it begs the question: would LE have focused their attention on DR much sooner? Obviously they had to wade through eyewitness testimony of locals who had seen suspicious cars in the neighborhood and track down those cars...but once that was done they would have been left with Kevin's tire tracks and a getaway car theory.
I think it is likely Kevin saved DR, because it confused LE for fifteen years. Without the car theory, you have to move to locals that would have been stalking the boys. Based on his location, DR is #1. You have the priests, DR, and other sex offenders.

Dave, I am curious to think that DR would have known but not done anything. His comments concerning his actions that night defy any logic. What would someone have on DR with that kind of leverage?

I hate to chime in and offend anyone, that is truly not my intent. I believe that Jared believes that his perpetrator is DAH. After watching the Hunt and following his interviews on Joys blog, that is my conclusion. Also, it would make a lot of sense for it to be someone like DAH with such a past. Every time I have brought him up, I am shot down by people basically saying why on earth would he be at the dead end road in the dark on a Sunday night??? Maybe because he is a predator? I have tried bringing him up multiple times because it makes so much sense to be someone like him. It looks like he was free at that time so all that needs to be done is to put him in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to chime in and offend anyone, that is truly not my intent. I believe that Jared believes that his perpetrator is DAH. After watching the Hunt and following his interviews on Joys blog, that is my conclusion. Also, it would make a lot of sense for it to be someone like DAH with such a past. Every time I have brought him up, I am shot down by people basically saying why on earth would he be at the dead end road in the dark on a Sunday night??? Maybe because he is a predator? I have tried bringing him up multiple times because it makes so much sense to be someone like him. It looks like he was free at that time so all that needs to be done is to put him in the area.

I don't think your idea should be shot down. The big question holding most people back, as you pointed out, is why would he be in that area? It was a good hour away from where he lived between Belgrade Willmar, and where he worked west of Brooten. If he were hanging out by the Tom Thumb, it would have been difficult to know where the boys had come from and therefore difficult to know where to ambush them.

IMO, the perp was already on or very near 91st Avenue and saw the boys going into town.

From what I have found, DAH owned a car but it was not registered. He was known to borrow cars from others. Here is an excerpt from "It Can't Happen Here":

Hart was shown several sketches of possible suspects in both cases. Hart suggested one man in particular that he thought matched the description in Jared's case in Cold Spring. Hart’s basis for identifying that particular individual was that the man often wore military type clothing, drove a dark blue car, and had a hand held police scanner. Each of those items was consistent with things cited by Jared in the account of his abduction and assault.

Although Hart owned one or more vehicles of his own, it was believed that he did not register the vehicles. He was known to borrow cars from others, and he did acknowledge to the investigator that he sometimes borrowed a car that belonged to his foster parents' neighbor. He said the car the neighbor owned was a dark blue 1986 Buick Regal. Hart was aware that detectives in the Wetterling and Cold Spring cases were looking for a newer, dark blue, four door car, because that was the description that Jared had given to police. The car that Hart told investigators about, the 1986 Buick Regal, was only available as a two-door car. The car that the neighbor actually owned was a dark blue 1986 Chrysler LeBarron GTS Premium. That model was a four-door car. Was Hart simply mistaken when he told the investigator about the Buick Regal, or was he intentionally attempting to be deceptive?

Duane Hart pleaded guilty to six counts of felony criminal sexual conduct following his January 1990, arrest. He was sentenced to a combined nineteen years in prison and was ordered to complete a sex offender treatment program. The charges stemmed from assaults on juvenile boys that Hart committed between June 1, 1987 and January 11, 1990. One of the assaults he was charged with occurred on October 26, 1989, just four days after Jacob Wetterling was abducted.

Investigators worked to link Hart to the handful of assaults that had been reported in the city of Paynesville in 1986 and 1987 but were unable to secure charges in those cases. With a solid case already built against Hart, it's possible that prosecutors elected not to pursue additional charges in other cases to avoid the potentially traumatic involvement of additional children as witnesses in court proceedings.

https://www.facebook.com/searchingforjacob?ref=br_tf

My friends seen a man in the woods hiding in the brush, with a notepad and pencil writing things down as they rode by. They seen the same man in a different spot but still trying to conceal himself in the brush writing things down again as they returned back. The man was not from the area of St. Joseph. In 1989 if you didn't know a resident of town by name, you'd at least recognize the person. The vehicle seen that day and also earlier been reported following 2 other boys home was described as possibly a Pontiac 600, Chevy Celebrity, or to that likeness......Blue in color, 4 doors. I just can't get rid of that gut feeling about DAH.

Yes he was out..... January 1990 is when he was incarcerated and has been ever since

do you have the documentation as on here somewhere the records show he could have been incarcerated several times before 1990

but we don't know if he was out on good behavior or served his whole term.

Being he's from Paynesville, I can almost assure you he knew people from the St. Joseph area. This to me is the only suspect as of today.

I don't think your idea should be shot down. The big question holding most people back, as you pointed out, is why would he be in that area? It was a good hour away from where he lived between Belgrade Willmar, and where he worked west of Brooten. If he were hanging out by the Tom Thumb, it would have been difficult to know where the boys had come from and therefore difficult to know where to ambush them.

IMO, the perp was already on or very near 91st Avenue and saw the boys going into town.

DAH is the man you need to focus on. Get off the other wild goose chases. It's certainly common to have associates/friends with 30 miles. Everything that I know points in this direction. NO facts or actual evidence points in any other direction. Seems those of us in close proximity to the area feel the same way as I do.

do you have the documentation as on here somewhere the records show he could have been incarcerated several times before 1990

but we don't know if he was out on good behavior or served his whole term.

You can look at the pics of his record I posted yesterday. One shows charges filed 10/26/1989, which means he was free in October.
Check it out yourself:
www.mncourts.gov
click find a court case
click access trial court cases
scroll to bottom and click I accept
click criminal/traffic/petty case records
change case to defendant
and then enter info

My friends seen a man in the woods hiding in the brush, with a notepad and pencil writing things down as they rode by. They seen the same man in a different spot but still trying to conceal himself in the brush writing things down again as they returned back. The man was not from the area of St. Joseph. In 1989 if you didn't know a resident of town by name, you'd at least recognize the person. The vehicle seen that day and also earlier been reported following 2 other boys home was described as possibly a Pontiac 600, Chevy Celebrity, or to that likeness......Blue in color, 4 doors. I just can't get rid of that gut feeling about DAH.
Have they reported it?
DAH is the man you need to focus on. Get off the other wild goose chases. It's certainly common to have associates/friends with 30 miles. Everything that I know points in this direction. NO facts or actual evidence points in any other direction. Seems those of us in close proximity to the area feel the same way as I do.
What facts suggest DAH other than his record?

what are the reasons for the search warrants?

He was just trying to help and made a not so well thought out comment. He was trying to help by offering suggestions, but even I can see how words like these would make someone want to take a look for themselves....just keep in mind NO evidence of any kind was located on DR's property, or really anywhere else for that matter.

“The person in the area who probably did this could have taken Jacob’s body and hidden it in our gravel pit,” Rassier told Patty Wetterling.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

Have they reported it?

What facts suggest DAH other than his record?

Yes they reported it and provided the police with a sketch as I previously stated.

DAH would've been in the age of the person police have been looking for 40 -50 years old
Previous child molestation's of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th degree
Was out of jail October of 1989 as one can see by the 2nd degree charges filed 10/26/1989 which also suggests predator type activity around Jacob's abduction
Had access to a 4 door blue vehicle that was not from the area but seen in the area the day of and plenty of days before the abduction
He's been a permanent resident of MN DOC since January 1990.....no assaults/attacks/abductions since
Smoking gun....no, but only logical conclusion there is. Nobody can provide "FACTS" that point anywhere else

There's a vehicle in question yes. Do you know if there's a way to look-up what vehicles a person has had registered to them....a search by name and not vin?

All DVM information is totally private because of violence against women. It has been the law for years.

Abusers would find where their victims lived by finding driver info.

Those days of accessing that info are over.

You may wish to access the Violence Against Woman Act, also known as VAWA,

One of the very important things done for women who are victims of men who have low self esteem and no sense of self. They have to pick on people they see as more vulnerable.

This is true for sex offenders as well.

If only we could raise children who have a strong sense of self and do not need to show their lack of power by inflicting their inadequacies upon others.

Would it mean anything to anyone if DAH was charged with 2nd degree criminal sexual conduct 4 days after Jacob went missing??? Just have to put him in the area and that can be done I hope if someone knows what vehicles he has owned.

View attachment 64357

If you recall, he was found because of Jacob. Boys came forward with their stories. It was in all of the newspapers at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova