MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One need not wait five years for circumstances to change.

November 17, 2014:

“the emotional climate at Moose Lake is replete with negativity, despair, and hopelessness. The clients are understandably and vocally unhappy about their detention at Moose Lake. The most commonly enunciated sentiments were that clients perceive their confinement to be a “life sentence” and MSOP as “a place where you can never leave" . . . some describing Moose Lake as “worse than prison.”

“The Panel recommends recognition that the MSOP, especially in Moose Lake, includes many clients who may no longer or never did clinically or legally meet the criteria for civil commitment . . .”

“The Panel very strongly recommends that MSOP administration ensure that discharge planning begins on admission. Currently, there is no clear process for discharge planning . . . In the Panel’s opinion, preparation for release should begin as soon as the client arrives at MSOP.”

“many clients expressed hopelessness regarding their likelihood of ever progressing to provisional discharge and many believed that unconditional discharge was not a realistic option (as no MSOP client has ever been unconditionally discharged during the 20 years MSOP has existed).”

“At present, there are several clients who appear ready for provisional discharge, and there are likely many more who could be transferred to facilities that might better attend to their individualized needs. The Panel recommends that MSOP administration begin proactively assessing the petition readiness of each current MSOP client, and that this process be undertaken in a clinically and scientifically defensible manner.”

The clock is ticking in more ways than one.

Prov. 11:14

I have talked about this many many times on here.

The most heinous of crimes are committed by these master manipulators.

Let the LAWYERS who are fighting with this with my money ( taxpayer) take these cuties into their homes if these horrors are ever released.

DAH is not the worst by a long shot

I have talked about this many many times on here.

The most heinous of crimes are committed by these master manipulators.

Let the LAWYERS who are fighting with this with my money ( taxpayer) take these cuties into their homes if these horrors are ever released.

DAH is not the worst by a long shot

Hasnt it been said that DAH attacked the same victim some 700 times over 3 or 4 years?

I am new to this thread and haven't made my way all the way through it. I know little about this Kevin guy and am trying to figure out where he fits in all this. All the mentions of him here are sketchy. All I know is that he is some guy who was listening to a scanner and then showed up at the crime scene. I also read about the boy named Jared who was abducted some time earlier. His description was very explicit that his abductor had some kind of scanner in his car. Just thought I'd point this out because someone here must know more about how this Kevin person fits in here than I do.

being "bad" is subjective. I think anyone who knowingly molests or physically harms a child is bad. DAH to me is one of the worst, but there are so many others that look to be close to his level. It's just mind boggling that there were so many in a small area of MN. Some victims offend. DAH had a lot of victims, thus a potential for a lot of new offenders. New offenders will molest an average of 72 victims in their lifetime. It just seems like no child will be unscathed in the future.

I still think DR acts guilty of something no matter what you think Tinner. Every time he opens his mouth something odd or incriminating comes out. Some of his friends and family are questionable. He raises my hinky meter.

What about DAH? At the time he would have been 40 years old, he has the history of child molestation, and when he went to prison in January 1990 all of a sudden the incidents in the area stopped?????????
The sketch that Jennifer (Tom Thumb worker) provided is the middle one in this line up-
View attachment 64303

Tinner007, are you able to put the middle one as a side by side with the sketch from Jared's case, the one with the hat? I think they are pretty close, only this one looks a little older.

I am new to this thread and haven't made my way all the way through it. I know little about this Kevin guy and am trying to figure out where he fits in all this. All the mentions of him here are sketchy. All I know is that he is some guy who was listening to a scanner and then showed up at the crime scene. I also read about the boy named Jared who was abducted some time earlier. His description was very explicit that his abductor had some kind of scanner in his car. Just thought I'd point this out because someone here must know more about how this Kevin person fits in here than I do.

Welcome to the thread, Owuta. Kevin was at his girlfriend's mom's house playing cards and there was a scanner on in the background. It was in the mom's home.

Jared's molester had a scanner in his car. So two different scanners. Mossad has pointed out how common these were back then in previous threads.

I think the only reason Kevin seems "sketchy" to you is his last name has never been released in MSM. But he was cleared by LE and even Patty Wetterling has said on a video that "he was cleared right away - he had nothing to do with it." (I'll find the link for that video tomorrow.) It's been posted here before.

My friends seen a man in the woods hiding in the brush, with a notepad and pencil writing things down as they rode by. They seen the same man in a different spot but still trying to conceal himself in the brush writing things down again as they returned back. The man was not from the area of St. Joseph. In 1989 if you didn't know a resident of town by name, you'd at least recognize the person. The vehicle seen that day and also earlier been reported following 2 other boys home was described as possibly a Pontiac 600, Chevy Celebrity, or to that likeness......Blue in color, 4 doors. I just can't get rid of that gut feeling about DAH.

That's damned peculiar. If I saw someone hiding in the brush writing things down on a notepad I'd probably have the local LE check the guy out.

You need to know the offense date, not the date of the filing of the charges. You would find this date on the indictment or charging document. I cannot tell from your pics of the dockets whether the dates are charging dates or offense dates.

Just now see it. Offense date circled, charging date at top right of document.

10/26 is the day charges were brought. Offense likely happened before that date. It does show he was prowling around in October.

I dont believe you are reading the docket correctly. I believe this is the offense date. Charging date, I believe is in top right hand corner of docket. Image is blurry for me, but I believe charged in 1990.

My friends seen a man in the woods hiding in the brush, with a notepad and pencil writing things down as they rode by. They seen the same man in a different spot but still trying to conceal himself in the brush writing things down again as they returned back. The man was not from the area of St. Joseph. In 1989 if you didn't know a resident of town by name, you'd at least recognize the person. The vehicle seen that day and also earlier been reported following 2 other boys home was described as possibly a Pontiac 600, Chevy Celebrity, or to that likeness......Blue in color, 4 doors. I just can't get rid of that gut feeling about DAH.

Wasn't Jared's abductor described as driving a Chevy Celebrity?

Thank you Tinner! I think these are dead on! Is the middle one that you posted with Jared's the description given by the Tom Thumb girl?

Edit. I just went back to page 8 and I see that it IS. DO YOU THINK THERE IS SOMETHING TO THIS? To me, just going by the sketches, it is a no brainer. We just need to find out who this guy IS. What do the rest of you think about the sketches? The facts of Jared's case are so similar as well.

Tinner, I read somewhere that you lived very close to the crime scene. Do you know if the Rassiers were still milking cows at the time of the abduction and could have had a farm hand since all of their boys were grown and had jobs of their own or were in college?

I dont believe you are reading the docket correctly. I believe this is the offense date. Charging date, I believe is in top right hand corner of docket. Image is blurry for me, but I believe charged in 1990.

That makes sense to me. I don't know for a fact, and sometimes, dates on 'official' (Gov't) documents, don't necessarily make sense, unless you know exactly what the dates represent, but, what you're saying here makes sense to me.

The date circled 10/26/89 is on the right side of the row that lists 'charges' then the date in the upper right 02/21/90 says 'date filed'

This document also lists DAH's DOB as 7/30/1947, so he would have been 42 yrs old in 1989. It sure would be nice to have some pictures of DAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova