MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinner, I read somewhere that you lived very close to the crime scene. Do you know if the Rassiers were still milking cows at the time of the abduction and could have had a farm hand since all of their boys were grown and had jobs of their own or were in college?

I had kind of wondered the same thing, for the same reason; sounds like the parents were somewhat elderly and the kids were all grown, but, I guess I had assumed that if that were the case, that it would have been checked out at the time, and, nothing had come of it. But, who knows, with this case.

Wasn't Jared's abductor described as driving a Chevy Celebrity?

Here's the description of the car from Jared's abduction from Joy B's blog:

•The car was a mid-to-late 80s, dark-colored, 4-door sedan, with automatic transmission. The shifter was on the steering wheel.

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/08/11/jareds-story/
http://www.joybaker.com//?s=Kevin's+Story

I saw where you said that you're new to this thread. If you're not familiar with Joy's blog; there is a lot of information there; for instance, she has been in touch with Jared and Kevin as well as Patty Wetterling. On the right side of any page, you can do a search and you can find - Jared's story - Kevin's Story, etc....

•The car was a mid-to-late 80s, dark-colored, 4-door sedan, with automatic transmission. The shifter was on the steering wheel.

I saw where you said that you're new to this thread. If you're not familiar with Joy's blog; there is a lot of information there; for instance, she has been in touch with Jared and Kevin as well as Patty Wetterling. On the right side of any page, you can do a search and you can find - Jared's story - Kevin's Story, etc....

I had seen the reference to a Chevy celebrity elsewhere, but apparently Joy reference it as well: http://www.joybaker.com/2013/05/09/

I had seen the reference to a Chevy celebrity elsewhere, but apparently Joy reference it as well: http://www.joybaker.com/2013/05/09/
I really don't know; that's the only time that I've seen a reference as to the car in Jared's case being compared to a small, dark, compact car like a Celebrity; which I believe Celebrities are/were smaller, compact cars; I had always thought that the car in Jared's abduction was described as a larger 4 door; so, I'm not really certain. That one page from Joy's blog is from May 2013, and I guess she wrote Jared's Story in Aug 2013, so, I'm not really sure. I remember when watching "The Hunt" that it was pictured as a larger car, but, I'm not certain how historically accurate that was intended to be; but, I would assume that they would try to be accurate to some extent in some of their dramatizations. I just don't know.

Tinner, I read somewhere that you lived very close to the crime scene. Do you know if the Rassiers were still milking cows at the time of the abduction and could have had a farm hand since all of their boys were grown and had jobs of their own or were in college?

I don't remember any cows being in the area. I remember tractors working the fields as they do today, but don't remember any cattle. No smell or anything that I could associate in relation to cattle either. There was Rassiers farm, the old Schaefer farm and there were farms just to the south too. The area most everybody says is a dead end road.....it's not. It's not a road but a field road and yes you can get a car through there right onto College Ave. now by the new school.

That makes sense to me. I don't know for a fact, and sometimes, dates on 'official' (Gov't) documents, don't necessarily make sense, unless you know exactly what the dates represent, but, what you're saying here makes sense to me.

The date circled 10/26/89 is on the right side of the row that lists 'charges' then the date in the upper right 02/21/90 says 'date filed'

This document also lists DAH's DOB as 7/30/1947, so he would have been 42 yrs old in 1989. It sure would be nice to have some pictures of DAH!

The date in the middle is the offense date. The date on top is when the charges were filed.
Used my speeding ticket document to confirm.......his radar was wrong too by the way....

Screenshot (27).jpg

Or maybe more like a blue 4 door 1986 Chrysler Lebaron GTS Premium like DAH's neighbor own which he borrowed frequently being he didn't register vehicles as ELOCsoul stated earlier in the thread. If you find a pic notice the square tail lights which one of the details of people who seen it. Also you'll notice it could be very possible for it to be misconstrued as a hatchback. I have plenty of experience in being around and working on cars, I had to take a second look to realize that it wasn't. It may be the car someone would mistake for a hatchback especially at any kind of a distance. He has been known to borrow other cars as well.

tuning-chrysler-le-baron-gts-02.jpg

laser.jpg

100_4021.jpg

I don't remember any cows being in the area. I remember tractors working the fields as they do today, but don't remember any cattle. No smell or anything that I could associate in relation to cattle either. There was Rassiers farm, the old Schaefer farm and there were farms just to the south too. The area most everybody says is a dead end road.....it's not. It's not a road but a field road and yes you can get a car through there right onto College Ave. now by the new school.

Thanks for the info, since it was harvest time and the Rassiers were gone they must have rented the land out. So now that I think about it they probably did not have livestock at that time.

Do you think it possible that the B brothers were in the area that night ? Did they hang outin St Joe a lot?

Thanks for the info, since it was harvest time and the Rassiers were gone they must have rented the land out. So now that I think about it they probably did not have livestock at that time.

Do you think it possible that the B brothers were in the area that night ? Did they hang outin St Joe a lot?

Rassier's farm their own land. I never heard of them at the time.

Or maybe more like a blue 4 door 1986 Chrysler Lebaron GTS Premium like DAH's neighbor own which he borrowed frequently being he didn't register vehicles as ELOCsoul stated earlier in the thread. If you find a pic notice the square tail lights which one of the details of people who seen it. Also you'll notice it could be very possible for it to be misconstrued as a hatchback. I have plenty of experience in being around and working on cars, I had to take a second look to realize that it wasn't. It may be the car someone would mistake for a hatchback especially at any kind of a distance. He has been known to borrow other cars as well.

View attachment 64596

View attachment 64597

View attachment 64598

I noticed these pictures show the shift lever in the middle, in the console - the car Jared was in had the shifter on the column. Do you know if the LeBarron Premium GTS was available with the shift lever on the column?

Thanks!

I noticed these pictures show the shift lever in the middle, in the console - the car Jared was in had the shifter on the column. Do you know if the LeBarron Premium GTS was available with the shift lever on the column?

Thanks!

That's funny, the other 7 pages open in my browser are looking for just that!

"And really… could a guy like Dan Rassier, an educated man with a Master’s degree and a TEACHER for heaven’s sake, actually do something like this?"

Yes. How about a priest for heavens sake, could they ever molest children? This master's degree teacher forgot he had seen a car until 2 investigators found him at work the next morning.

http://www.joybaker.com/2010/11/14/was-jacobs-abduction-a-perfect-storm/

"For 21 years, he’s lived his life under a microscope. If he was guilty of child molestation/abduction, wouldn’t they have found some nasty files on his computer or some kiddie *advertiser censored* in his bedroom? They’ve searched his house three times now… chances are they would have found something incriminating by now. Right?"

Obviously they did find something because he was legally named the POI after the third search, for which the public doesn't have clear facts about yet. What does the journal say, what are the pictures of, is the blood somebodys?

I had kind of wondered the same thing, for the same reason; sounds like the parents were somewhat elderly and the kids were all grown, but, I guess I had assumed that if that were the case, that it would have been checked out at the time, and, nothing had come of it. But, who knows, with this case.

Ha ha. You must be a youngster. 25 years ago , if they are 80 now, they would have been 55. Not old. Sorry

Schaefer farm? Is that the correct name?

Ha ha. You must be a youngster. 25 years ago , if they are 80 now, they would have been 55. Not old. Sorry

I'm 60; I know that's not that old, and that since they're still alive, they wouldn't have been that old back then, but, they had a number of grown children at the time; and, with the kids all gone but Dan, who had a full time profession, I was just thinking that if there were much work being done farm-wise, it would have seemed possible, that they would have some hired help.

"And really… could a guy like Dan Rassier, an educated man with a Master’s degree and a TEACHER for heaven’s sake, actually do something like this?"

Yes. How about a priest for heavens sake, could they ever molest children? This master's degree teacher forgot he had seen a car until 2 investigators found him at work the next morning.

"For 21 years, he’s lived his life under a microscope. If he was guilty of child molestation/abduction, wouldn’t they have found some nasty files on his computer or some kiddie *advertiser censored* in his bedroom? They’ve searched his house three times now… chances are they would have found something incriminating by now. Right?"

Obviously they did find something because he was legally named the POI after the third search, for which the public doesn't have clear facts about yet. What does the journal say, what are the pictures of, is the blood somebodys?

Would you point me in the direction of : what journal? What pictures? What blood? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova