Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they plant corn to eat or silage?

Good question...all the farmers I know (with cattle) only plant silage. The longer it can stay in the field the better.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KSTC/1989/10/23/MonthlyHistory.html

Many days in early Oct 1989 were in the normal range...but look at the week of the 22nd! Some days are almost 25 degrees above average.

I remember that Sunday because I went on a special hike because it was so warm. And then the next morning, I got the phone call at work.

I remember I had not taken my dahlias out yet and after that, we were searching every weekend so my dahlias succumbed to the cold. I never planted them again as they remind me of those nightmare days.

Good question...all the farmers I know (with cattle) only plant silage. The longer it can stay in the field the better.

It says on the chart you listed that silage is harvested much earlier than corn that is eaten by people. i wonder why? Strange to me

It says on the chart you listed that silage is harvested much earlier than corn that is eaten by people. i wonder why? Strange to me

Hmm I didn't notice that right away! That's odd.

If you up to Page 6, it shows "Corn for Grain" harvested by November 28th, with the most active times mid-Oct to mid-Nov.

Here's a copy/quote from the 911 transcripts where Trevor is asked about the gun: I've spaced it a little for readability, and to show who's talking; the transcripts on here are just all run together: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...St-Joseph-22-Oct-1989-4&p=6041824#post6041824 Thread #4, post #97 by JBrown324320;

Merlin J - Yes, they just told me that the guy had a hold of Jacob and told them to run into the woods.

911 operator - Told the other two boys to run into the woods. Did they see any weapons at all or anything like that? Guns? Knives?

Merlin J - He had a pistol.

(operator relays info to police radio individual did have some type of hand gun). Can I talk to Trevor again?

Merle J - Yes, hold on.

911 - OK. Hello? Trevor, did you see the gun the individual had?

Trevor - Um, we couldn’t really see it, but we just, we sort of fell.

911 - OK, did he threaten you..? (Cut off) OK, do you guys see squad cars outside the residence?"

I've also seen a video interview of both Trevor and Aaron where they mention seeing the gun, but, this is straight from the transcripts. Also, while I'm not certain exactly where, I could probably find it, I remember that LE had thought that they were looking for a chrome gun, in fact, I think that was among the things they were looking for at DR's place. So, I kind of imagine that if nothing else, they saw something shiny, but, it's really hard to know what certain actual facts are/were.

I think the reference you're thinking of is the video interview where DR says they asked him if he had a silver handgun.

In my opinion, that was an investigative trick to get him to say he had a black gun not a silver one.

Hmm I didn't notice that right away! That's odd.

If you up to Page 6, it shows "Corn for Grain" harvested by November 28th, with the most active times mid-Oct to mid-Nov.

Page 40 has MN and silage is listed as late as Oct 21.

I wonder who harvests the DR farm?

I wonder if LE found the flashlight in the R house?

I had never comsidered the flashlight, so to me it is fabulous how new people see new things!

DR could have easily said he found it. Who could say otherwise.

If anyone knows Aaron, Trevor, or Jared (or Kevin) in real life, please invite them here. We'd love to pick their brains for information.

nylon ski mask.jpg nylon mask.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCOn-vDVP-U

This video is interesting; it was made 26 Oct '89; the Thursday after the abduction; the guy is walking on the road and talking with Trevor and Aaron; Aaron states about the abduction, that "...he looked at Trevor and he told Trevor to turn off his flashlight, and then he told us he had a gun..." but, after that, nothing more about the flashlight. I had wondered about the flashlight briefly before, but, didn't make too much of it, since it's never really been mentioned, as far as I know. I guess I'd assume that it was left with the other stuff that the kids left; but, that could be completely wrong. I guess if the guy did take it then it would have been considered good evidence that they'd be looking for; but, again, have never heard about it one way or the other.

Trevor also mentions a 'nylon mask' which has been brought up here recently. I've always had the impression that it was thought to be like 'stockings' which perpetrators wear to distort their faces, but, a nylon mask could just as well be a ski mask. If you Google 'nylon ski mask' you get a bunch of results for nylon ski masks; the kind that cover the whole head and face. If you just Google 'nylon mask' and click on images, you get the pictures of people w/stockings on their heads. So, I've had to wonder, whether it's ever really been clarified one way or the other. I'm also not certain what we, or anyone else, would be able to make of it either; but, it'd be nice to know everything that we can.

Re-watching "The Hunt" - on the 911 call Trevor says "he had like a... ...it looked sort of like a nylon thing...... as a mask" Just after this, they show a man with what looks more like a stocking mask, than a regular ski mask. I guess it can be assumed that, they know that this is what the guy was wearing, but, it's just hard to say.

Right after that, Jerry Wetterling says ".....they could see his handgun" and they show the same guy; and it kind of looks like the handgun they show is more like silver or chrome; but, hard to tell, maybe it's just the reflection of the light on the barrel of the gun. Also, not certain if this is meant to be factually accurate with what happened, but, it would seem to make sense if it was. I just mention that because it is also a topic discussed here recently, and I can't find the reference that I was looking for, but, thought that I'd throw this out, while I happened to be watching the show.

Of the 3 fixations on this forum.....LE has ruled out #1 and #3

Here's a copy/quote from the 911 transcripts where Trevor is asked about the gun: I've spaced it a little for readability, and to show who's talking; the transcripts on here are just all run together: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...St-Joseph-22-Oct-1989-4&p=6041824#post6041824 Thread #4, post #97 by JBrown324320;

Merlin J - Yes, they just told me that the guy had a hold of Jacob and told them to run into the woods.

911 operator - Told the other two boys to run into the woods. Did they see any weapons at all or anything like that? Guns? Knives?

Merlin J - He had a pistol.

(operator relays info to police radio individual did have some type of hand gun). Can I talk to Trevor again?

Merle J - Yes, hold on.

911 - OK. Hello? Trevor, did you see the gun the individual had?

Trevor - Um, we couldn’t really see it, but we just, we sort of fell.

911 - OK, did he threaten you..? (Cut off) OK, do you guys see squad cars outside the residence?"

I've also seen a video interview of both Trevor and Aaron where they mention seeing the gun, but, this is straight from the transcripts. Also, while I'm not certain exactly where, I could probably find it, I remember that LE had thought that they were looking for a chrome gun, in fact, I think that was among the things they were looking for at DR's place. So, I kind of imagine that if nothing else, they saw something shiny, but, it's really hard to know what certain actual facts are/were.

The transcripts that I have seen are a little different there (bolded above):

Trevor: “Um, we couldn’t really see it, but we just, we sort of saw it.”
http://saintautumn.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/the-jacob-wetterling-abduction/

There are also some photos of the crime scene at the above link. I have seen photos of the bikes, the scooter, the lollipop, and the bag with the movie in it before but I have never seen the flashlight in any of those photos. I have read that the perp. told Trevor to throw the flashlight down. Will try to find a link for that.

Kevin's last name, even if we know it, cannot be posted here. Rules of WS, he has never been named a suspect or named at all in MSM.

I think the reference you're thinking of is the video interview where DR says they asked him if he had a silver handgun.

In my opinion, that was an investigative trick to get him to say he had a black gun not a silver one.

Yeah, I can't find the reference I was looking for; if I happen to, I'll share it with you; but, it may not have been a solid reference. I do feel certain that I'd read or seen a video which mentioned that a silver handgun was a part of the search warrant, or something close to that; but, like I say, I can't find it, and if what I saw or read came from DR, then I guess we don't know whether it's accurate or not. However, for the most part, DR seems pretty straight when he's talking about the investigation.

Why was Mossad's post prior to mine deleted? There were some very informative + revealing points....and now my post #151 makes no sense to subsequent posters. Obviously we cannot name Kevin's last name but still...that was not stated....only a method to obtain the last name.....basic research which a lot of posters here already could/would have done or have done but did not post the name as per the rules. Besides, if Kevin has been cleared, it shouldn't matter and if someone posted the last name it would have been deleted by a MOD. I think it's important to see contrarian thinking and when it's deleted it waters down the context.

"Kevin's last name, even if we know it, cannot be posted here. Rules of WS, he has never been named a suspect or named at all in MSM."

I agree we can't name his last name...But he's integral to the case....and he offered not only his eye witness testimony but also the fact that he lived behind Kay's Kitchen. Even if MSM did not name him.....doesn't relieve him of being discussed here. Contrary to Mossad's post....I think Kevin is worthy of discussion.

The transcripts that I have seen are a little different there (bolded above):

Trevor: “Um, we couldn’t really see it, but we just, we sort of saw it.”
http://saintautumn.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/the-jacob-wetterling-abduction/

There are also some photos of the crime scene at the above link. I have seen photos of the bikes, the scooter, the lollipop, and the bag with the movie in it before but I have never seen the flashlight in any of those photos. I have read that the perp. told Trevor to throw the flashlight down. Will try to find a link for that.

Thanks, a couple of posts back, #150 I had a link with Aaron talking about the flashlight, but, it doesn't go into what happened to it, only that the guy told Trevor to turn it off.
I'm really not certain exactly what to make of the difference in the two transcripts. If I happen to find some more on it; it'd be curious to know. The one I quote here, was copy/pasted straight from a previous post on here, as I stated; except I spaced it, etc..., but, the wording is the same. I have seen another copy of the transcript, where the writer puts ?? after the word "fell??" and notes that you can't hear what came after that, and the writer guesses maybe it was "felt it" but, it's hard to say exactly which is more accurate. In either case, it pretty much says the same thing, mainly that they didn't really see the gun, but....

Yeah, I can't find the reference I was looking for; if I happen to, I'll share it with you; but, it may not have been a solid reference. I do feel certain that I'd read or seen a video which mentioned that a silver handgun was a part of the search warrant, or something close to that; but, like I say, I can't find it, and if what I saw or read came from DR, then I guess we don't know whether it's accurate or not. However, for the most part, DR seems pretty straight when he's talking about the investigation.

A silver handgun was specifically talked about in the KSTP interview...both by Corey(kstp) and DR....DR stated that LE did not find a silver handgun-he then described the guns they had on the farm-but no handguns. I was in the midst of transcribing the interview when I found out it was no longer a source.

A silver handgun was specifically talked about in the KSTP interview...both by Corey(kstp) and DR....DR stated that LE did not find a silver handgun-he then described the guns they had on the farm-but no handguns. I was in the midst of transcribing the interview when I found out it was no longer a source.

Thanks a lot; I knew that I had seen it, but, I just couldn't find what I was looking for. I had actually noted it in a previous post of mine, #495, thread #12, and I knew that when I made that post that I was referring to something specific that I had seen or heard. Thanks again. Also; I also think that Kevin is important and anything that we can "KNOW" about his actions that night, because, it's the best reference we have to what happened in the Immediate time frame right after the abduction. ps: what's this, the midnighter's club(?), lol, I'm in EST, but sometimes up till all hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova