MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all a criticism, but I wonder why the Wetterlings have not hired a private investigator.

I have wondered this as well. Maybe they are afraid of alienating Sanner and Stearns County LE? I think they should try using the group that John Walsh used. John did a radio interview right around the time they featured Jacob's case on The Hunt and he said that group solved his son's case extremely quickly. I will see if I can find the link.

Why do you think that LE named DR a POI vs a Suspect?

A loose definition:
"A person of interest is someone police want to talk to for information about a case; a suspect is somebody officers think may be involved in the crime, Bellevue police spokesman Greg Grannis said."

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle91...e-between-a-suspect-and-a-person-of-interest/

Does Stearns County have a history of naming specific suspects or do they tend to use the term POI? Or both terms?

I believe it's "old time" to use the term suspect, i.e. legal complications. POI is the more common term. If someone is a suspect, they would have to be charged, meaning there would have to be enough evidence to charge the person. No charge for DR means no hard evidence.

I have wondered this as well. Maybe they are afraid of alienating Sanner and Stearns County LE? I think they should try using the group that John Walsh used. John did a radio interview right around the time they featured Jacob's case on The Hunt and he said that group solved his son's case extremely quickly. I will see if I can find the link.

Again no criticisms of the Wetterlings, but if it were my child, I would not care who I offended.

Ok, I found it. Funny how investigators say they don't really have anything, no smoking gun, a shot in the dark....... Then Sanner says the farmers son is a POI. There's a reason for their silence on this issue and it's not to protect the investigation, THEY HAVE NOTHING! Same old, same old Stearns county investigations and flat out lies to the public. I know first hand how those clowns operate and I can assure you, the evidence in the last search warrants should be questioned.

Do you have documentation for that or is it just your opinion?

Agree. Suspicious? Left LE uncomfortable. Yep. That's certainly a reason to name him a POI.

If you have followed cases on here, it is interesting how LE works.

For instance, with Hannah Graham, LE said the murderer was not a suspect while the whole time he was!

Probable cause, although he would not elaborate. Same old. Same old.

Not at all a criticism, but I wonder why the Wetterlings have not hired a private investigator.

If you are familiar with the Congdon murder of an incredibly wealthy family who is cery saavy, they hired a PI and he was a total fake.

I think most PI's exist in books and movies.

Exactly what they said about me! Probable cause for a search warrant, but the FBI, BCA, and Stearns County couldn't find a stitch of evidence. Coincidence that the application to detain me was signed by Landwehr....they know who to go to when their "probable cause" should be questioned. Turns out I find out straight from the horses mouth per say, their probable cause, was fabricated a bit

Wow. You were suspected in a major crime!

I once agreed with you, but after this many years, it's time for public knowledge. At what point will the public get this knowledge? When the Wetterling family is no longer alive? After 50 years?
I have mentioned several times of my friend's case in CA where welathy grandparents were murdered in the 70's. It is still considered an open case!

Why do you think that LE named DR a POI vs a Suspect?

A loose definition:
"A person of interest is someone police want to talk to for information about a case; a suspect is somebody officers think may be involved in the crime, Bellevue police spokesman Greg Grannis said."

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle91...n see it is because of the bombing in Atlanta

I believe it's "old time" to use the term suspect, i.e. legal complications. POI is the more common term. If someone is a suspect, they would have to be charged, meaning there would have to be enough evidence to charge the person. No charge for DR means no hard evidence.

Google Atlanta bombing. POI vs suspect

Since Sterns County will not share their print evidence, is there any chance that residents in the area took pictures of the crime scene?

Pictures were seized in the third search of the Rassier farm. What are they of and why did DR take them? Maybe one day.

I just checked Betsy Aardsma's case (1969), and LE still will not release info, despite the fact the really good suspect died in 2002, plus the lead investigator retired in 1983. Fat chance something will be released in J's disappearance.

LE does not legally have to release any info. It's not public knowledge.

Just pretend and allow me a set of circumstances: car was hidden and this was a completely random sexually motivated abduction by a roaming predator.

Isn't it generally by chance that they get caught in a future act? And then, they spill all.

Probable cause, although he would not elaborate. Same old. Same old.

They've hired MULTIPLE

And have been burned

http://www.leagle.com/decision/19921083983F2d100_11055

Further
http://edition.cnn.com/2002/LAW/11/19/ctv.wetterling/

"Saddest of all are the lengths to which the Wetterlings have gone to find their missing son. In 1990 they dispatched a private investigator to Amsterdam. There was a report that a man and a boy resembling Jacob had been spotted at the airport. The investigator came back empty-handed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova