MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With no car tracks, who else had opportunity and a place to conceal body?

I think it is Sher who posted that he was not named POI until the farm searches which were years after Kevin came forward. More mysteries, to me

This is exactly what I need to know! If DR took Jacob, WHERE did he put him that night, the following days? Where would he have taken Jacob, if he killed him? How did he remove him from his farm? I have pondered this here before but don't think there were any responses. The matter of where Jacob is now, if DR is the perp., has been my hang-up in regards to DR. So, let's pretend DR did it... say he absolutely did abduct Jacob. Where is Jacob now?

I will respond again. Wood furnace. Fire pit dug up by LE . Truckloads of dirt removed by LE and analyzed.

DR states clothes and animal bones will be found in firepit.

Who throws animals into a fire pit? Whatever

It is mind boggling for me to know that LE was there, and DR could have absconded with Jacob right under their noses. But -- if the cops didn't even consider DR might have been involved (???), they might not have been even looking his way!! It's really hard to believe they wouldn't keep a close eye on him, given that Jacob went missing from his driveway. Right??

Respected family. Teacher. No way would such a person be involved.

Then the FBI and BCA arrives. They know that credentials mean nothing.

To me, the obvious lies told by a grown man are suspect. Why would someone make up lies?

A compulsive liar is usually not challenged on their lies.

How many people question someone they know is lying? I simply quit having relationships with people like that. Liars have no idea that their lies are recognized. They think they are so clever and are getting away with their lie

If you have delicate sensibilities, you may want to skip, though I know these kinds of matters have been considered.

Okay so I just decided to dive into the murky waters of the internet and read things related to, for example, does the farm have pigs (Robert Pickton), does the farmer hunt and butcher the meat, does the farm have a large freezer in which store meat? Bonfires are common on farms, but it seems that bones and teeth can withstand the flames. If even part of a tooth is found, scientists should be able to extract DNA. I've often pondered LE's statement that they were holding items with the hope that advancements would be made in DNA technology. I am assuming that LE thoroughly searched the area to see if any new structures were built that involved pouring a concrete slab.

Questions to ponder are: How well thought out was this crime, how much advance work may have been done to prepare for it?

Early on in Jacob's abduction it was stated that LE could find no evidence. Could the mindset of LE, FBI and BCA been so narrow that it would not occur to them to thoroughly search the *entire* area in which Jacob was abducted? It was stated that they went through the area with a fine tooth comb. Did they go through the farm with a fine tooth comb? After all, Jacob was taken from that driveway.

There is just too many details unexplained surrounding DR. When did he first tell anyone about a car? When did he first tell anyone he had a trunk full of instrument cases? LE accused him of changing stories, what are details of this accusation? Did he pass the lie detector test? whats in the journal and pictures he took? Why was he pushing himself at Joy to meet with him after the dig, yet never responding to Pattys letter, forcing Patty to find him? Did someone at the school the following morning observe DR carrying boxes from his car? maybe we have a witness who saw DR arrive and never saw him do this.

Farmers would have access to a number of chemicals that could break down bone I suspect. I would guess they subpoenaed their supplier.

There is just too many details unexplained surrounding DR. When did he first tell anyone about a car? When did he first tell anyone he had a trunk full of instrument cases? LE accused him of changing stories, what are details of this accusation? Did he pass the lie detector test? whats in the journal and pictures he took? Why was he pushing himself at Joy to meet with him after the dig, yet never responding to Pattys letter, forcing Patty to find him? Did someone at the school the following morning observe DR carrying boxes from his car? maybe we have a witness who saw DR arrive and never saw him do this.

I just read an old article (from 2013 I believe) about the abduction and one of the commenters kept asking DR multiple questions, essentially calling him out and attacking him, and DR (or someone posing as DR) kept responding to each question. I believe he answers a lot of these questions. I'm trying to look for inconsistencies and new information in his answers. But again, it could totally be someone pretending to be DR and not DR himself. Like we've discussed before, you never know who's actually posting what and whether the information and person is credible or not. I thought it was interesting he would actually take to a public forum to defend himself. Even though he wants to prove his innocence, that just seems pretty dumb and risky in my opinion. Who knows..

I just read an old article (from 2013 I believe) about the abduction and one of the commenters kept asking DR multiple questions, essentially calling him out and attacking him, and DR (or someone posing as DR) kept responding to each question. I believe he answers a lot of these questions. I'm trying to look for inconsistencies and new information in his answers. But again, it could totally be someone pretending to be DR and not DR himself. Like we've discussed before, you never know who's actually posting what and whether the information and person is credible or not. I thought it was interesting he would actually take to a public forum to defend himself. Even though he wants to prove his innocence, that just seems pretty dumb and risky in my opinion. Who knows..

I have seen this activity as well, and what I see is him not giving the questions any kind of concrete answer but instead turning it into a game and telling them how inept they are.

I have seen this activity as well, and what I see is him not giving the questions any kind of concrete answer but instead turning it into a game and telling them how inept they are.

I will have to read it again. I skimmed through it and although it appears he did answer some questions, most of them seemed like a cop-out and he did spend quite about of time talking about how inept LE is/was.

It also would be interesting to account for DR's whereabouts when the whole Jered abduction went down. Or any of the other Paynesville kids who were accosted.

It also would be interesting to account for DR's whereabouts when the whole Jered abduction went down. Or any of the other Paynesville kids who were accosted.
I think it is on here somewhere that he was playing in a polka band the night Jarod was kidnapped.

The point is we are only taking DR's word for it that he had a trunk full of instrument cases, this apparently was not confirmed by investigators because they did not search the band room.

I understand. I still can't believe he would take Jacob away in his own vehicle that morning, regardless to whether or not there were boxes in his car.

I understand. I still can't believe he would take Jacob away in his own vehicle that morning, regardless to whether or not there were boxes in his car.

I also can't believe a master graduate from the University of Illinois would traverse across the crime scene tape and then go to work without mentioning the three cars he saw.

The media hasn't told you this, LE hasn't told you this, DR hasn't told you this, Joy hasn't told you this, the following information is a Websleuths exclusive through the power of extended conversations and research- DR did not tell the 911 operator he saw vehicles, DR did not tell Bechtold he saw vehicles, DR did not tell LE before leaving to work the next morning that he saw vehicles. It was only when 2 investigators went to him that they got a story that he was a witness. I am not even responsible for this information, someone else shared the link that provided the answer, DR said "the cars were discussed the next day, person to person" The most critical evidence in finding Jacob was withheld until the next day and only by asking did they even find out in time. You will not hear this information anywhere else, it is something to ponder for sure.

Sasquatch,
Interesting information, but do we know the full context of the conversation. I doubt the 911 operator and the officers he encountered the next morning asked him any questions. It is not clear to me that Bechtold asked DR any questions or said much at all. What do you know about the conversation they had?

Sasquatch,
Interesting information, but do we know the full context of the conversation. I doubt the 911 operator and the officers he encountered the next morning asked him any questions. It is not clear to me that Bechtold asked DR any questions or said much at all. What do you know about the conversation they had?

Questions that need to be answered, I dont know. But with DR's supposed intellect they should have never had to ask him. DR should have known "maybe im the only one that saw those cars and I should make this known now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member