MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been Paynesville verification from LE? From my understanding, a lot of the attacks are claimed by people who simply emailed Joy.

Has there ever been Paynesville verification from LE? From my understanding, a lot of the attacks are claimed by people who simply emailed Joy.

Yes, those cases were reported in the Paynesville Press in 1986 & 1987, and Sheriff Sanner has said recently that those cases were "investigated many, many times"

That is just the creepiest thing ever -- so there was some sex offender roaming the streets of Paynesville wearing a mask and he was never caught or identified? Sketch.

Paynesville in the 1980's was around 2200 residents (hasn't grown much either). The city probably only had three/four officers, noting that all were not on duty at the same time.

Paynesville in the 1980's was around 2200 residents (hasn't grown much either). The city probably only had three/four officers, noting that all were not on duty at the same time.

Pretty pathetic that across all five attacks that the victims never saw their attacker around town again. I think the perp is a local because only one instance had a guy in a car.

At this point, I think there was a car involved in all the cases and that there is not just one perp, but two to three working together, even in Jacobs case.

I also think there was a car involved. I think Jacob and Jared same assailant, Paynesville -this is trickier because I haven't seen any specific descriptions of the attacker (did he have the raspy voice too?) and he didn't seem as threatening -- in terms of saying he had a gun -- ?

As it's getting closer to when ELOC's book will be available, I was wondering if you'll be doing any book signings, any further interviews, locally and/or national television (Today Show, GMA), and which local papers might feature your book? If it will be listed on Amazon, we can write reviews to widen publicity. I personally feel that this book, more than anything else in recent memory, has the potential to stir up people's memories and hopefully encourage them to send in tips. ELOC, in your personal opinion, do you think it would be more productive to have tips sent to you or to LE? I'm wondering if you opened a temporary P.O. Box to receive tips, both anonymous and signed, whether some leads might be generated. The perpetrator was and is someone's son, neighbor, possibly husband, father, coach, teacher, acquaintance, friend, significant other. Many of us are of the mind he was/is local, given his knowledge of back roads in the area as well as his boldness. I think he has a compulsive desire for sex with teens, which he might now fulfill by working closely with them in some capacity.

So I think he's still out there, still in the mix, and I have this feeling there are people, perhaps even out of the local area, who may have information about him. What they may not know, however, is his background and any suspicions associated with him. Which is why it's very important that this books has a wide distribution. There may well be people in other locales who have interacted with this man and are oblivious to his history but are creeped out or intimidated by him. The perp may have even tried some inappropriate things but his acquaintances/victims have remained silent, choosing to forget about it. Here's my message to the perp, the net is closing in, it's been twenty five years, you've had your freedom while the Wetterlings and others have lived a nightmare. You destroyed Jacob's life. Regardless of whether you don't have a conscience like normal people do, even psychopaths are willing to bargain sometimes. This book is going to get a lot of people thinking ... wouldn't it be better to come forward now before someone finally gets the courage to step forward? Just a thought.

“Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.”
― Benjamin Franklin

To whomever asked in thread 13, Crosier at Onamia is not the parish for the Indian reservation. That is St Therese Little Flower. They are separate parishes but both served by Crosier order priests.

"Hebephilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in pubescent individuals approximately 11-14 years old, and is one of several types of chronophilia (a sexual preference for a specific physiological appearance related to age). " Credit to my good friend Wikipedia.

Were all or most of the kids in this age range or older? Does anyone know the age range for the Paynesville victims?

If you read Joy's blog, some of the people who reported were over 16, IIRC

Not sure what all of these Paynesville attacks are as there are some to me, such as the boys camping or the same boy talking about an event, that are strange.

In some cases the Paynesville perp wore a mask that one of the boys described as looking like "red candy striped carpeting". Someone posted a picture many threads back of a full face stocking /ski mask that had different shades of red in it. That was perhaps what they meant. In one case I recall the victim saying the perp had painted his whole face black under a mask. I'm not sure if anyone ever saw his face, or if he wore a cap or hood most of the time.

I don't recall the painting the face black one.

My question regarding anyone talking now:

Do people live in denial and justification and whatever they know becomes acceptable?

Or do people get upset and eventually they have to let the truth come out?

I think with killers it is said they decompose. Is that the word?

Or do some just continue living as if there is nothing wrong.

Does my question make any sense? Hard for me to explain it.

I think I understand what you're saying, Human. I've heard it said that denial is the most powerful of defense mechanisms, so I think there are a good many people who are capable of literally blocking out whatever it is they don't want to remember or think about. Then there are the full on sociopaths who don't feel the emotions of guilt, sorrow and empathy the way we do. People like Ted Bundy, Jeff Dahmer, BTK etc.

I can't decide if the perp(s) behind Jared and Jacob's assaults/abduction is/are sociopaths or someone who has a compulsion he can't control. This person(s) might actually feel some guilt - but not enough to tell the truth because he/they doesn't want jail time or worse. Then again, he might have completely rationalized and justified his behavior to himself.

I can't even imagine living with having done something like that, but then again, I can't imagine doing something like that to begin with.

Out of 11 reported cases in Paynesville only one confirms use of a car-

http://www.joybaker.com/2014/08/04/eleven-cases-and-counting/

1. March 9, 1986 – Attempted drive-by abduction of 12 year old boy near G&T Foods

I don't disagree with that; but, the thing is; he was going after kids on bikes, kids on foot, it doesn't mean that he didn't have his car parked nearby. Because, he went after them on foot, it doesn't mean that he walked to the area.

I don't disagree with that; but, the thing is; he was going after kids on bikes, kids on foot, it doesn't mean that he didn't have his car parked nearby. Because, he went after them on foot, it doesn't mean that he walked to the area.

How about or his house nearby.

I don't recall the painting the face black one.

“What’s sort of startling is its very similar to Jacob’s case in that the guy either wore a mask or had his face blacked out in every instance and he had the same general build – which was kind of shorter and stocky – and he had a deep, low voice which was also similar to Jacob’s situation.”, she says

http://wjon.com/new-london-blogger-suggests-link-between-wetterling-abduction-paynesville-incidents/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo