MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, why would DAH change his MO to assault Jared and Jacob when he admits to 40-50 kids? Jared put his number between 300-400. Why dress up with a gun on one occasion and kill a kid only to go back to your old pattern 4 days later?

That's a really good question.

Daniel Rassier- tagged person of interest, not cleared
Matthew Feeney-named suspect, cleared
Kevin- cleared, not named

What do we know? What can we prove? What needs to happen from here?
Those Three Are Interesting......

Daniel Rassier- tagged person of interest, not cleared
Matthew Feeney-named suspect, cleared
Kevin- cleared, not named

What do we know? What can we prove? What needs to happen from here?

Can't prove much of anything since we don't have the physical evidence in hand and no access to the related data. Might have to do an end run and get someone with political clout to force Sterns County to share.

What do we know? Not as much as LE does it appears.

What needs to happen? Find the crack in the armor, something that LE has missed, the "elephant in the room" that no one wants to discuss and exploit it.

All the knowledge in the world used to be in books...now it and a wealth of personal information is on the internet. The tidbit is out there, only boots on the ground digging, asking questions and some digital detective work will solve this.

Back to the Case....1 Big Thing Joy answered for me was a picture of DAH-I could NEVER find a picture of him. In his mugshot, it is clearly seen that he doesn't top 5'-6" in height.....I have no idea what footwear he has on....but one could assume at least 1" heels and if in boots then at least 1 1/2".....that means DAH in bare feet is 5'5" or 5'4 1/2". That's short compared to the description of Jacob's abductor as per Trevor comparing to Merle(5'10"). 5'6" to 5'10" is a leap visually. The boys said the perp was wearing boots so that being said...the height difference would remain the same: boots or barefoot.

This is just my opinion, but I would think that a size 9EEE would leave rather unique, wide, flat footprints in the driveway.

Searching old threads of the Wetterling case here and found someone did this photo-

Thread #5
Footprint.PNG

Compared to mine-

Jacobs%20Print%204.jpg

Now it's LE's turn.

This is just my opinion, but I would think that a size 9EEE would leave rather unique, wide, flat footprints in the driveway.

You got my curiosity with the reference to the 9EEE; I'm wondering where did that come from. I've been searching the net for images of Extra Wide boots. I've been struggling for a while on the one print identified within the thin-line box in this photo; as to whether it is in fact a shoe/boot print or not. Because of the shape if it, it seems to me that it's really hard to dismiss it as a print. It seems like if nothing else, a print like this could have been made by some form of like a rubber boot-cover, or something. Also, the placement of it, it's just directly behind Jacob's last foot print; as if the toe of this print, is juxtaposed right where Jacob's heal never quite came down; or however Jacob's last print took that shape. You can also see where another print, likely made by investigators, kind of steps over the bottom half of this print; that other print, a narrow one going from right to left, has been discussed here before; it's the one that Tracker describes as a crepe sole print. I'm including the one photo that I use the little box to identify the print, and another one without the box, so it can be seen a little more clearly.

x Driveway 7 w graphic.png x Driveway 7 new.jpg

I think what you have outlined in the box is a horse shoe print within a degraded car tire print.

The thread #5 picture with the arrows is mine.

I think what you have outlined in the box is a horse shoe print within a degraded car tire print.

I suppose I could be wrong; but, it really doesn't look like the shape of a horseshoe print to me because of the way it's tapered more like a right foot print. I just don't know, I did look at a lot of horseshoe prints and it seems to me they're normally more rounded, whereas this one seems to be tapered more like the shape of a right foot-print, just extremely wide. It also helps if you look at it, without the outline, and also if you enlarge the picture. I can't argue the fact, but, to me, the shape of it, is more like a foot print than a horseshoe print. It also seems to me that an actual horseshoe impression would look differently than that. I also think that these photos were probably taken before horses were on the scene, which was several days later.

I am totally confused.

Aren't priests mandated reporters?

So a person can confess to a priest that they are a murderer or a molester and no problemo?

And then the person can feel they are home free cuz they confessed?

Isn't that special!

It's a complicated issue. The priest cannot hold back absolution, but the sinner has to also be truly contrite. Confession and absolution aren't just get out of jail free card. If the sinner doesn't really intend to sin no more and avoid the near occasion of sin, then he's still in trouble spiritually.

You got my curiosity with the reference to the 9EEE; I'm wondering where did that come from.

From the book "It Can't Happen Here":

Duane Hart was a suspect in Jacob Wetterling's kidnapping from the very beginning of the case. Investigators brushed him aside as a suspect, however, because his known methods of grooming and coercing his victims were not consistent with the violent nature exhibited by the assailant in Jacob's abduction, and he had claimed he was at Mud Lake at the time of Jacob’s abduction. It is not known whether or not his alibi was corroborated by anyone else.

Hart was also a serious suspect in Jared’s kidnapping and assault near Cold Spring. The Wetterling task force asked Jared to view several lineups, some of which included Hart, but Jared was not able to identify Hart as his perpetrator. According to investigative notes, Hart matched the physical description of the perpetrator in his case. He was 5’ 7” tall, had dark hair, and weighed about 170 pounds at the time of his arrest. His shoe size was 9EEE – an unusual size, and one that would be likely to leave uniquely identifiable footprints on a driveway of sand and gravel.

Hey guys, isn't it true that MF is in Moose Lake with DAH? Because maybe Jared thinks MF is the one. Because when you find Jareds perp, you in effect possibly find Jacobs perp, and there he was in the area of the abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova