MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence trumps emotions, feelings and suppositions. What is the evidence upon which Joy is fostering particular theories?

The FBI withdrew all but two agents from the Wetterling case on January 30, 1990. The withdrawal coincided with the dwindling supply of leads in the case, and the lack of progress in connecting DAH to Jacob’s abduction.

hmmmm... DAH WAS ARRESTED IN JANUARY 1990. WOnder if they thought they had their perp at the time.

hmmmm... DAH WAS ARRESTED IN JANUARY 1990. WOnder if they thought they had their perp at the time.

Perhaps-maybe most likely. The immediate scene would lead to that conclusion, and the withdrawal of FBI forces in the case could also bolster that conclusion. But upon further examination....maybe DAH didn't fit the circumstances. There may be evidence which precludes DAH....thus keeping the case open. OR...DAH is in denial and LE had no evidence to convict. But IMO, DAH is not Jacob's abductor.

I'll wait for the book March 1, read that, and go from there.

I'll wait for the book March 1, read that, and go from there.

I think Eloc has nothing but good intentions, but now we will have to explain the errors, which takes the public on another unnecessary roller coaster.

The Jacob Wetterling Resource Center says “This book was written without the knowledge of the Wetterling family. No member of the Wetterling family was interviewed for this book and it was published after the family requested that the Author not go forward. One Wetterling family member has read the book and noted factual errors therein.”

http://wjon.com/news-noon-new-book-investigates-the-abduction-of-jacob-wetterling/?trackback=tsmclip

The statement you reference is ambiguous and is not accurate. That's all I will say about it

Unfortunately, some book club members forwarded an incomplete, draft version of the book to others, in violation of the copyright and stated intent on the version that they had received.

I have decided that the book will not be made available on Amazon.com. The book, when it comes out, will be mail-order only. 100% of net profits will go to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

By its very nature, an investigative book in a case where no charges have ever been filed, cannot as a practical matter, include input from the family. To do so would compromise the objectivity of the material, IMO. The book is not about the Wetterling family or their experience, plenty has been written about that already. I have been very forthcoming in stating the book was written without input from the Wetterling family or the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center. The book will be a well-documented history of the case and investigation, the content second in volume and significance only to the files in the basement of the Stearns County Sheriff's office. That been said, the book is respectful of the family, media, and investigators. Information will be presented in a manner with which the reader may draw their own conclusions.

I think Eloc has nothing but good intentions, but now we will have to explain the errors, which takes the public on another unnecessary roller coaster.

Errors, is again, an ambiguous statement. I'm fact-checking everything right now, and finding subtle corrections, such as the name of the hotel that people were interviewed in, etc. The book will be solid.

ELOCsoul, I support you in your endeavor to persevere.....good luck! I will be reading the book.

I guess for me, if I were writing a book about a very active investigation, and the Wetterling group asks me not to go forward, I would not. There has to be a good reason they are flagging the book.

His book was researched with fairly clise adherence to the WS code. He changed names of a couple of potential suspects.

It's not like he sleuthed a rape victim minor or anything like that.

ELOC, let us know how we can order a copy. Will it still be released on March 1?

I guess for me, if I were writing a book about a very active investigation, and the Wetterling group asks me not to go forward, I would not. There has to be a good reason they are flagging the book.

I guess for me, I would be wondering whey the "group" would be so against a book that laid out the known and researched facts in the case for the public to review and possibly lead to new clues, or at the very least, a concise reference text for those reviewing the case to have in hand? When I get my copy, I intend to tab the pages with the issues we keep rehashing here and anything new we have not seen before.

The statement you reference is ambiguous and is not accurate. That's all I will say about it

Unfortunately, some book club members forwarded an incomplete, draft version of the book to others, in violation of the copyright and stated intent on the version that they had received.

I have decided that the book will not be made available on Amazon.com. The book, when it comes out, will be mail-order only. 100% of net profits will go to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

By its very nature, an investigative book in a case where no charges have ever been filed, cannot as a practical matter, include input from the family. To do so would compromise the objectivity of the material, IMO. The book is not about the Wetterling family or their experience, plenty has been written about that already. I have been very forthcoming in stating the book was written without input from the Wetterling family or the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center. The book will be a well-documented history of the case and investigation, the content second in volume and significance only to the files in the basement of the Stearns County Sheriff's office. That been said, the book is respectful of the family, media, and investigators. Information will be presented in a manner with which the reader may draw their own conclusions.

I am also very much looking forward to reading your book. Do you have any idea why the family did not want you to go forward with the book?

I thought I recall some WS members pointing out several "errors" in the re-enactment of Jacob's abduction on The Hunt.

As with Joy's blog, and the upcoming release of your book, I am hopeful that keeping Jacob's abduction in the public eye will help in solving the case.

ELOC, let us know how we can order a copy. Will it still be released on March 1?

I will be posting an announcement soon, with information on how to reserve a copy, and updated availability. Thanks!!

I can't wait for the release of the book. I commend ELOC for the hard work and research that went into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, looking forward to reading your book, ELOC. Hopefully all your research will jostle some old memories and help someone out there provide that one clue that has been missing.

I love the fact ELOC is not doing it for personal glory or for monetary gain for himself.

we have read excerpts from his FB site. I wonder why the family objects ?

Strange to me that they would accept totally strange info such as on the Hunt.

I love the fact ELOC is not doing it for personal glory or for monetary gain for himself.

we have read excerpts from his FB site. I wonder why the family objects ?

Strange to me that they would accept totally strange info such as on the Hunt.

Are we even sure that they object? I asked earlier, but perhaps too forcefully and was deleted. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member