MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read this book? Published July 2014.
Abduction: The Tears of a Lonely Pathway: 5 True Stories of Contemporary Abduction in America

Apparently, JW is included.

I have read it. It's ok but very basic and more or less the rambling opinion of the writer rather than a deeply researched book.

Has anyone read this book? Published July 2014.
Abduction: The Tears of a Lonely Pathway: 5 True Stories of Contemporary Abduction in America

Apparently, JW is included.

Yeah, no new information, and a lot of it is copied / pasted out of articles. The author concludes that Seitz was Jacob's abductor, on the basis that Seitz had a video of Jacob that was taken prior to his abduction. IMO, that video is probably from a news broadcast of the school video Jacob made a week or so before the abduction. In that video Jacob cites his favorite food, athletes, sports teams, etc.

Does cold = raspy?

To me, cold = nasal voice.

So not sure about if Jared and Jacob had the same abductor

Are the (modsnip) in car verified? That is physical evidence that should get you convicted. Certainly not circumstantial. Having a priest come after interrogation is not out of the ordinary. A close friend's son committed suicide after 12 hour questioning, and that apparently is not that uncommon.

Yeah, no new information, and a lot of it is copied / pasted out of articles. The author concludes that Seitz was Jacob's abductor, on the basis that Seitz had a video of Jacob that was taken prior to his abduction. IMO, that video is probably from a news broadcast of the school video Jacob made a week or so before the abduction. In that video Jacob cites his favorite food, athletes, sports teams, etc.
The book is beyond terrible.

I know this has been talked about over and over in other threads but honestly it's hard to keep track of everyone's ideas, views, etc. So if I may ask, what does everyone think about Paynesville cases and Jacob's abduction being related? From what I remember reading, it seems like most contributors on this board think they're related but not all do?

I know this has been talked about over and over in other threads but honestly it's hard to keep track of everyone's ideas, views, etc. So if I may ask, do you all believe the Paynesville cases and Jacob's abduction are related?

I do, yes. I feel the threats to some were similar. I see a sociopath's behavior escalating until something went wrong & Jacob was killed.

I know this has been talked about over and over in other threads but honestly it's hard to keep track of everyone's ideas, views, etc. So if I may ask, what does everyone think about Paynesville cases and Jacob's abduction being related? From what I remember reading, it seems like most contributors on this board think they're related but not all do?

I think there's a strong 90% chance that they are related. But, I've already said so, including recently; so, I suppose that's not new. I'm curious as to how other's feel; I know a few who definitely think they're Not related, and not sure about a number of people; so, I'm also curious as to how others feel.

Are the (modsnip) in car verified? That is physical evidence that should get you convicted. Certainly not circumstantial. Having a priest come after interrogation is not out of the ordinary. A close friend's son committed suicide after 12 hour questioning, and that apparently is not that uncommon.

RBBM

I have the same question! I'd be incredibly curious whether anyone can verify this, and how, like what reference.

This is an excellent article. However, it states Joy discovered the Paynesville incidents which we know is a total lie. So, it makes me wonder about other things that are written if everything is not accurate.

It names almost every suspect we have talked about on here except a couple.
(modsnip)
I saw the thing about the guy who can't be named having the (modsnip) in his car, but I wasn't sure where those pages were taken from. I wasn't sure I believed all of it (although I lean toward believing, since i suspect that guy is Jared's perp. Wondering where that poster got that document and what it was.

I saw the thing about the guy who can't be named having the (modsnip) in his car, but I wasn't sure where those pages were taken from. I wasn't sure I believed all of it (although I lean toward believing, since i suspect that guy is Jared's perp. Wondering where that poster got that document and what it was.

I "heard" this also, but have never been able to substantiate it. The people who lived there told me that LE never searched that suspect's home or vehicle at the property, so for what it's worth...

I "heard" this also, but have never been able to substantiate it. The people who lived there told me that LE never searched that suspect's home or vehicle at the property, so for what it's worth...

----------------------------------------------------

Shout out to Simonsez, is this your understanding too? Thanks in advance

ADMIN NOTE: Please stop repeating the rumor about evidence found in a car unless you can back it up with an acceptable link.

Thanks.

I wish Joy would play her hand. Okay, Paynesville, Jared and Jacob are connected, that means what... Dave K and I respectfully disagree on this issue and there is plenty of grey based on limited info.

Agree with mods about the issue--nothing I have ever seen to substantiate the claim.

Thank you to whoever commented on Mazy's post. I know it could be nothing but I have a strong feeling about this for some reason. I really hope she responds!!

When I look at those sketches for Jared's suspect, all three resemble many middle aged/older men. But the one with the baseball cap has a striking resemblance to earlier unnamed suspect.

The timbre of perp's voice, along with mask/disguised face, stocky build, aggressive, threatening in Jared and Jacob's case (don't know about Paynesville suspect was threatening) -- mostly younger males -- 11, 12, 13 and some older males = two different perps?

If there is this suspect, why was he not shown to Jared? This suspect was found right after Jared's abduction and then let go. Why?

He certainly looks like the sketch. Weird.

At the risk of sounding like Debbie Downer, please take these comments on a popular news story in MSM with a grain of salt.

It could absolutely be something important...however:

It could also be someone seeking attention with false claims. Proceed with caution

I imagine LE can trace who made the comment on there.

A message directly to Jacobs perp

I figured out the problem yea the problem is you
You didn't see us comin' now there's nothin' you can do
Times are gonna change, change or step aside
It's my point of view that took you by surprise

The sun's coming up yea the new dawn arrives
New generation standing stand with anger in their eyes

I'm a battering ram comin' through to you
In every alleyway on every avenue

I'm a battering ram comin' through to you
in every alleyway on every avenue

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/rancid/avenuesalleyways.html

Sleutherish
I do, yes. I feel the threats to some were similar. I see a sociopath's behavior escalating until something went wrong & Jacob was killed.

Dave K
I think there's a strong 90% chance that they are related. But, I've already said so, including recently; so, I suppose that's not new. I'm curious as to how other's feel; I know a few who definitely think they're Not related, and not sure about a number of people; so, I'm also curious as to how others feel.

PWesterner brought this up a few days ago; I copy/quoted a couple of the response here. Other than that, I don't think there've been too many responses.

I'm curious, the board's been quite slow for a few days now.

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in weighing in on this; and I'm wondering if we can set it up in two posts. One post a basic "Yea" and another post a basic "Nay" - posters can weigh-in, just by thanking post #1 "Yea" or by thanking post #2 "Nay" - or, obviously, anyone can go ahead and reply and elaborate on their thoughts, if interested.

Post #1: "Yea" - I think there's a 60 - 90% chance that the crimes are related. (50 - 90% if you're more comfortable with that).

"Thanking" this post is intended to reflect that you agree with the "Yea" - "Thanking" the next post is intended to reflect that you agree with the "Nay"

Probably don't want to Thank both posts. I can't Thank my own post, but, I vote "Yea" as noted in my comment above.

PWesterner

PWesterner brought this up a few days ago; I copy/quoted a couple of the response here (in post above). Other than that, I don't think there've been too many responses.

I'm curious, the board's been quite slow for a few days now.

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in weighing in on this; and I'm wondering if we can set it up in two posts. One post a basic "Yea" and another post a basic "Nay" - posters can weigh-in, just by thanking post #1 "Yea" or by thanking post #2 "Nay" - or, obviously, anyone can go ahead and reply and elaborate on their thoughts, if interested.

Post #2: "Nay" - I don't think that these crimes are related.

"Thanking" this post is intended to reflect that you agree with the "Nay" - "Thanking" the previous post is intended to reflect that you agree with the "Yea"

Probably don't want to Thank both posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03