Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bilde.jpg

I think this is where they found a cedar chest that led to the search warrant of the house.

Ok, that is really odd. Why did LE release the pictures in different tints?

That photo has probably been copied and reproduced a number of times (by media and various sleuthers) since LE released the original. It is the same photo, you can see the wood grain in the background. The original pic probably had the gravel in the shoe also, it's just too small to see. This may have been a second pair of Jacob's shoes provided by his family, or a pair Trevor had that were identical to Jacob's.

I know when our son was young, we bought the same brand and style shoe over and over as he wore them out or outgrew them, because they lasted well and he liked them.

Sasquatch321

What do you mean it's the same picture? The top one has no gravel in the treads, the bottom one does.

Ok, that is really odd. Why did LE release the pictures in different tints?

The picture of the shoe alone is a close-up! As it's been said, it's the same picture, just the one is a close-up. No idea where the tint came from, but, I don't see what it would matter; it's just a tint, the pictures the same. As Shergal said, you can see the same background, both the wall and the carpet; but, in the close-up, the shoe itself, doesn't even show the heel, because it's a close-up focused on the toe part. The pictures show the same markings on the shoe and the laces are in the same position, the wall, etc... I don't see how you can say that the one doesn't have any dirt on it; you can't see that detail in that particular picture.

We don't know if there was a shoe found at the scene. The pictures look like fairly new shoes. School had just started, my son was the same age and in that era kids got new shoes when school started. I know it was the fad with my kids in that era to leave their hightop Nike shoes untied......along with using safety pins to tighten the bottom of their jeans :-)

That photo has probably been copied and reproduced a number of times (by media and various sleuthers) since LE released the original. It is the same photo, you can see the wood grain in the background. The original pic probably had the gravel in the shoe also, it's just too small to see. This may have been a second pair of Jacob's shoes provided by his family, or a pair Trevor had that were identical to Jacob's.

I know when our son was young, we bought the same brand and style shoe over and over as he wore them out or outgrew them, because they lasted well and he liked them.

I agree, that was my first thought. I just wonder whoever tinted it, what they saw or what point they are trying to make by doing that.

Regardless....Sasquatch looking at those shoe details is still good sleuthing...questioning even the smallest detail....looking for any anomaly or clue.

Wondering how you know this? Or is it simply a deduction based upon the other 2 buildings having burned down prior to this pic?

I think it was specifically mentioned in the kare 11 interviews or an article that the chest was found in the loft above the garage. Looking at that building it looks like its half garage half loft. Whats weird is, what is so strange about storing an old cedar chest there? Well apparently someone knicked their finger on it and left blood at one point.

I think it was specifically mentioned in the kare 11 interviews or an article that the chest was found in the loft above the garage. Looking at that building it looks like its half garage half loft. Whats weird is, what is so strange about storing an old cedar chest there? Well apparently someone knicked their finger on it and left blood at one point.
Yes, I thought as much...I think it's also mentioned in the KSTP interview...and apparently the chest moved around a bit....and if you watch that interview....notice the physical reaction the mention of it elicits from DR.

So...according to the KSTP interview, DR says himself that the chest was found in the loft above the garage as indicated by Sasquatch's previous post. He also states that this chest was in the house at one time and that this gave LE the reason to obtain a warrant to search the farmhouse. Then he is asked about the umbrella stand but does not provide an answer but rather goes on to discuss the item of the silver handgun. Why would LE be looking for an umbrella stand of all things?

I don't know the answer to that, but they might have wanted to search the base to make sure it wasn't filled with ashes or something. Sounds logical since they were sifting through all his dirt and ash.

So...according to the KSTP interview, DR says himself that the chest was found in the loft above the garage as indicated by Sasquatch's previous post. He also states that this chest was in the house at one time and that this gave LE the reason to obtain a warrant to search the farmhouse. Then he is asked about the umbrella stand but does not provide an answer but rather goes on to discuss the item of the silver handgun. Why would LE be looking for an umbrella stand of all things?
Is an umbrella stand like a coat tree?

Is an umbrella stand like a coat tree?

I think it can be either/or depending upon the design. It can be an upright cylinder in which umbrellas are stored or like a small coat tree with a base and a ring to hold the umbrellas in place. The first type I don't understand the significance of but the second type -it could be used as a weapon as could an umbrella itself.

What exactly does john walsh mean when he says we have new science now adays that could solve this case...What evidence does he mean that would solve this .there was no DNA left behind was thier ?

What exactly does john walsh mean when he says we have new science now adays that could solve this case...What evidence does he mean that would solve this .there was no DNA left behind was thier ?

The chest has blood or something like blood on it. Noone but LE knows if it has been identified..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova