MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The FBI is notorious for not releasing information on active cases unless there is a compelling reason. Local Law Enforcement is more subject to political pressure. They might release information in order to reassure the public that the case is moving forwards.

The FBI can only take jurisdiction if a case meets certain criteria (such as kidnapping for ransom, terrorism, interstate crimes etc.) but they can assist local Law Enforcement under other circumstances. In thoseIIRC situations, the Locals would maintain jurisdiction and would have discretion on releasing information.

IIRC, there are quotes in the book that say that the BCA and FBI are still involved.

The BCA is the one who found info that got sealed search warrants to search the farm in 2010. They go through cold cases looking at info with new eyes.

IIRC, there are quotes in the book that say that the BCA and FBI are still involved.

The BCA is the one who found info that got sealed search warrants to search the farm in 2010. They go through cold cases looking at info with new eyes.
BCA checked out DAH for the fourth or fifth time in 2013 per a person familiar with the investigation. I don't know about continued FBI involvement. Don't think one of Jack Crawford boys would take this one on.

BCA checked out DAH for the fourth or fifth time in 2013 per a person familiar with the investigation. I don't know about continued FBI involvement. Don't think one of Jack Crawford boys would take this one on.

I believe it says so in Eloc's book.

It is interesting in Eloc's book that there are some identified child molesters that have paraphernalia on Jacob.

Matthew Feeney had his strange obsession. Acker had his weird items. Seitz had his weird collection.

And the POI has his collection.

Do any readers on here have any items? I have my Jacob's Hope pin in a drawer. I have worn it sometimes in the past few years. But that is it for items.

I am too lazy to try and find it, but I believe in 2009 I asked readers on here if they could find the molester who had been found that molested tons of boys by Paynesville. I thought he worked on a turkey farm.

I was wrong, but when was it that Sher and JBrown got the info?

Anyway, the reason I am writing this is that I hope Eloc will make a kindle and nook version of his book. That way, maybe, just maybe, the right people may read his book and give some info that helps, just like Sher and jBrown did. The right people

I am too lazy to try and find it, but I believe in 2009 I asked readers on here if they could find the molester who had been found that molested tons of boys by Paynesville. I thought he worked on a turkey farm.

I was wrong, but when was it that Sher and JBrown got the info?

Anyway, the reason I am writing this is that I hope Eloc will make a kindle and nook version of his book. That way, maybe, just maybe, the right people may read his book and give some info that helps, just like Sher and jBrown did. The right people

Google is your friend. :)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...St-Joseph-22-Oct-1989-6&p=9917513#post9917513

Ok.Maybe it was 2010 that I brought it up?

07-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Thread: MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #2
by human Replies
Views
MN I've been looking with sex abuse boys Paynesville...
I've been looking with sex abuse boys Paynesville Minnesota chicken turkey farm. Any of those combos and have come up with nothing. But I know for a fact that it is true. A year or 2 after, maybe?
07-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Thread: MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #2
by human Replies
Views
MN I'm with you on this. DR claims he gave DNA. ...
I'm with you on this. DR claims he gave DNA.

I just don't know what to think, but he sure seems like a likely candidate.

There was also a guy that worked on a chicken or turkey farm in a...

Yup. That is when you found it, but I brought him up in 2009 and several times after that. So it took awhile for the pieces to come together.

Thar is why ELOC must persist

JBrown is the one who found him, not me. Hopefully someone who knows something they have never revealed will read ELOC's book and come forward to the authorities with info.

But sher, you told her how to access the newspapers from that area. That was the key!

Let's go back to Weiss for a moment. Correct me if I am in error, he claimed he knew about a body at the Ft. Snelling Cematery, but was unable to help LE find it.

Something to consider given the bearing of the abductor.

There is a National Cemetery near Ft. Snelling. If you look at google maps, the most uninhabited area near the fort proper is Pike Island. If you were in the military and posted at Ft. Snelling or part of the Cemetery staff, you would. a)Have a military bearing and commanding voice. b)Have detailed knowledge of how to set up an ambush location and how to scout for multiple escape routes and risk factors. c)Have detailed knowledge of operating in the dark. d)Move around from base to base enough that you were never in an area long enough to be associated with multiple molestation's or abductions.

Could Weiss be the "local connection" for a molester that was in the military?

Another fact.

It was pitch black. Yet the perp knew that there were trees and where to send the boys running. How could someone not from the area know landscape?

If you scouted the area in advance and had the training to know how to navigate it at night and how to exploit the remoteness of the area.

Let's go back to Weiss for a moment. Correct me if I am in error, he claimed he knew about a body at the Ft. Snelling Cematery, but was unable to help LE find it.

Something to consider given the bearing of the abductor.

There is a National Cemetery near Ft. Snelling. If you look at google maps, the most uninhabited area near the fort proper is Pike Island. If you were in the military and posted at Ft. Snelling or part of the Cemetery staff, you would. a)Have a military bearing and commanding voice. b)Have detailed knowledge of how to set up an ambush location and how to scout for multiple escape routes and risk factors. c)Have detailed knowledge of operating in the dark. d)Move around from base to base enough that you were never in an area long enough to be associated with multiple molestation's or abductions.

Could Weiss be the "local connection" for a molester that was in the military?

Does the US military train you to leave your trail behind? He chose gravel over tar. He then turned around right in front of DR, resulting in him becoming a POI 21 years later.

Does the US military train you to leave your trail behind? He chose gravel over tar. He then turned around right in front of DR, resulting in him becoming a POI 21 years later.

DR became a POI in 2010 because of something found during the search of his parent's property and his room, not because of any car turning around in his driveway in 1989.

DR became a POI in 2010 because of something found during the search of his parent's property and his room, not because of any car turning around in his driveway in 1989.

So what is all of this supposed to mean? If DR didn't connect himself to the crime, it must mean that DR had more details about this guy in the journal and photos. But for some reason failed to share this information until they found it, just like he failed to say he had seen a car until they came to him the next morning. So once they get the main guy, DR may see himself in court as well for withholding crucial evidence.

It depends on the mission. If leaving prints behind in no way leads to you or compromises the mission, it's not worth the time (notably if working alone) to erase them.

Following this string, I wonder if there is a cluster of molestation's or abductions around military cemeteries or forts with operations like Snelling in and around that time fram where an individual with a particular skill set could have requested a transfer to.

The only agency who would be able to access personnel records from the military would be the FBI in conjunction with the Military Police, and in some cases the Army Security Agency. Joint operations bases (like Ft Dix /McGuire) are a special situation of their own.

Just thinking aloud -- when you stand back and look at everything, the arrows of guilt seem to point right at DR. What puzzles me is that it seems that most pedophiles seek out more than one victim.

Thoughts?

Just thinking aloud -- when you stand back and look at everything, the arrows of guilt seem to point right at DR. What puzzles me is that it seems that most pedophiles seek out more than one victim.

Thoughts?

I have an opinion that if it was DR that it may not be sexual but rather some kind of thrill at the time. He was alone for a period of days, living in his own world imo, doing the unthinkable then having to erase his mistake before returning to his professional life. Mistakes happen when parents go out of town and leave their kids home alone. Or it could be sexual and we have no knowledge that DR was a subject to a sexual attack at one point.

I think it is interesting in Eloc's book as to the search in Bruno ,was it? The search of the church. I thought it had to do with Hollister, but it appears the guy who was minister of the church was a molester.

Eloc has him born in 1920. That would have meant he was 69 in 1989. Seems too old to be a molester out in the field.

The Hollister idea is very strange. Why was he not pursued? So,he got a lawyer. Why did it stop there then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova