MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE keeps cases open even when they're solved. (modsnip)

I guess you could say I'm just speaking for DR
He is the one that sought out Joy and wrote 14 angry letters to LE to clear his name. This is based on public humiliation, death threats, and more. If he is completely innocent and being left for a savage by LE, then he should hire a civil attorney to challenge his involvement in this case and get his name cleared. And the truth told.

I guess you could say I'm just speaking for DR
He is the one that sought out Joy and wrote 14 angry letters to LE to clear his name. This is based on public humiliation, death threats, and more. If he is completely innocent and being left for a savage by LE, then he should hire a civil attorney to challenge his involvement in this case and get his name cleared. And the truth told.

Sas, we agree on this but I'm telling you- to the best of my knowledge, there isn't a way for DR to clear his name using the method you suggest (lawyer/cause of action/lawsuit). There MAY be grounds IF he was named a SUSPECT. However, to date, he remains a PERSON OF INTEREST with limited options. Try a simple search of the terms "person of interest/Minnesota/rights/laws" (etc) and you'll see what I mean - this is a strange/unique situation IMO.

I think that's exactly why DR went the way he did, writing to LE and then to Joy. I believe he was going to pursue writing legislative officials as well, and I would encourage anyone in MN to do the same and point to the case. It's totally ridiculous for LE to keep him as a POI at this point, IMO

Sas, we agree on this but I'm telling you- to the best of my knowledge, there isn't a way for DR to clear his name using the method you suggest (lawyer/cause of action/lawsuit). There MAY be grounds IF he was named a SUSPECT. However, to date, he remains a PERSON OF INTEREST with limited options. Try a simple search of the terms "person of interest/Minnesota/rights/laws" (etc) and you'll see what I mean - this is a strange/unique situation IMO.

I think that's exactly why DR went the way he did, writing to LE and then to Joy. I believe he was going to pursue writing legislative officials as well, and I would encourage anyone in MN to do the same and point to the case. It's totally ridiculous for LE to keep him as a POI at this point, IMO

Obviously LE has info and reasons to keep him labeled a POI that we are not privy too. Just with the info we all have it would be ridiculous not to label him a POI.

You're missing the point because of the mod snip. Even if Jacob's remains are found and the evidence clearly points to someone else, and that person is prosecuted and sentenced, they will NEVER close the case because they will have a lawsuit pending the day after the case closes.

I do not understand what that has to do with DR?

They are keeping Jacob's case open and not closing it because?

There is no public, hard evidence linking him to the case. He's a victim of being the closest in proximity.

Obviously LE has info and reasons to keep him labeled a POI that we are not privy too. Just with the info we all have it would be ridiculous not to label him a POI.

I watched the 20/20 on ID today. I vaguely remember watching that episode back in college. Anyway, Trevor says the perp was wearing a mask and he could not see his face. So where are the sketches from? Trevor can't remember what kind of mask.
Sketches look like Hollinger. Kevin is of concern to me too, why wait so long to tell the car story. Did Kevin know the 3 boys?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The sketches are from Jared's case, Jared described his perp as well as he could and LE had a sketch artist draw what he described. Because LE initially thought the cases were connected, they posted Jared's sketch as possibly being Jacob's perp.

I do feel Hollinger was Jared's perp. Not sure about Jacob's though.

Kevin has stated he waited because he didn't want to be involved and be possibly considered a suspect. He has been cleared according to both LE and Patty W. IMO, he was a young guy who was nosy about cop cars at the wrong time.

You're missing the point because of the mod snip. Even if Jacob's remains are found and the evidence clearly points to someone else, and that person is prosecuted and sentenced, they will NEVER close the case because they will have a lawsuit pending the day after the case closes.

How could they prosecute and sentance someone and keep the case open?

What is the "info" you have? A woodpile?

The sketches are from Jared's case, Jared described his perp as well as he could and LE had a sketch artist draw what he described. Because LE initially thought the cases were connected, they posted Jared's sketch as possibly being Jacob's perp.

I do feel Hollinger was Jared's perp. Not sure about Jacob's though.

Kevin has stated he waited because he didn't want to be involved and be possibly considered a suspect. He has been cleared according to both LE and Patty W. IMO, he was a young guy who was nosy about cop cars at the wrong time.

The Kevin issue still bothers me to my core. It just doesn't make sense to me that LE declared DR a POI but not Kevin.

I realize Kevin's gf and family apparently corroborated his story, but it was SO many years later....

I can't shake the idea that Kevin was an invention of LE. However far fetched it may be, that's the only real explanation I have.

What is the "info" you have? A woodpile?

He is the only publicly named POI in the 25 year investigation, 21 years after the fact.

LE asked him to confess.

Patty asked him to confess.

LE said he is changing his stories.

His behavior the night of the kidnapping.

Information he can't discuss yet.

The items found in the third search.

He said his mom didn't own black pantyhose. They were hanging in a bathroom behind him when he said so.

He is the only publicly named POI in the 25 year investigation, 21 years after the fact.

LE asked him to confess.

Patty asked him to confess.

LE said he is changing his stories.

His behavior the night of the kidnapping.

Information he can't discuss yet.

The items found in the third search.

He said his mom didn't own black pantyhose. They were hanging in a bathroom behind him when he said so.

Just throwing this out there... maybe the above bolded statement was truthful and the black pantyhose were really his.

The Kevin issue still bothers me to my core. It just doesn't make sense to me that LE declared DR a POI but not Kevin.

I realize Kevin's gf and family apparently corroborated his story, but it was SO many years later....

I can't shake the idea that Kevin was an invention of LE. However far fetched it may be, that's the only real explanation I have.

DR and Joy met Kevin. Patty has said he is clear as well. Mystery to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member