MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's says they still left 10 feet of water. I wish they had drained it all the way....who knows what interesting items they might have found related to all the unsolved cases in Stearns County

They’ve been searching one of the quarries here in Quarry Park (Quarry 8) looking for the body of a suspected suicide. They drained the water almost completely out of the 100 ft. deep quarry. I had hopes they might find some old clues relating to other cases. They didn’t find the body they were looking for though.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...-go-nearly-empty-quarry-search-body/32000091/

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/2015/08/12/quarry-drained-in-search-for-missing-man/31523415/

http://www.aggman.com/granite-compa...ons-from-quarry-to-assist-in-search-for-body/

I wonder if they drained it for Jacob? They said they did it last "around 20 years ago."
And why didn't they drain the rest of the ponds?

It's says they still left 10 feet of water. I wish they had drained it all the way....who knows what interesting items they might have found related to all the unsolved cases in Stearns County

They did have guys in there digging around with their hands on the bottom. I wonder how many items of interest they did find? We have a lot of other quarries in the area though.

Even though this old article (link below) says the Reker sisters were found in Quarry Park, that’s incorrect. The picture of the quarry in the article is accurate, but that is not one of the quarries in Quarry Park. I’ve attached a map with locations marked of the quarry that the Reker sisters were found at. That quarry is filled in now.
http://wjon.com/reker-sisters-went-missing-on-this-date-in-central-minnesota-history/

Quarries.jpg

I wonder if they drained it for Jacob? They said they did it last "around 20 years ago."
And why didn't they drain the rest of the ponds?

The land on which Quarry Park sits was sold by the Cold Spring Granite Company in 1992 to Stearns County. There are 20 quarries in the park itself.

See map of Quarry Park on pg. 10: http://www.co.stearns.mn.us/Portals...s/Guidebook to the Geology of Quarry Park.pdf

Plus there are many other quarries in and around Stearns County. (St. Cloud was designated the “Granite City” at one time.) It would not be feasible to drain them all. Many of them are over 100 ft. deep. They have estimated this quarry #8 which they did drain will take 8 to 10 years to refill with rain, snow and ground water.

One possible instance of the quarry having been drained before - There was a transfer of quarry property from St. Cloud to Waite Park in 1995, the quarry may have been drained at that time (20 years ago) so it would be usable. (It only became “Quarry Park” in 1992.)

“Both properties were located in the Town of St. Cloud (the town) until December 30, 1995, when the City of Waite Park (the city) annexed appellant's property as part of a merger agreement with the town.”
http://mn.gov/web/prod/static/lawlib/live/archive/ctappub/9707/c09786.htm

On December 30, 1995 the city of Waite Park and a portion of St. Cloud Township merged increasing the corporate limits to 7.7 square miles (4,950 acres). The 2000 Census identifies 7.81 square miles of area within Waite Park.

See Chapter 2, page 2: http://www.ci.waitepark.mn.us/verti...ds/{6C04C5AC-7CAB-4501-B207-7DCFCA182AA8}.PDF

Secrets at the Abbey. Secrets in the quarries. Seems impossible to find anything out to me. Not unless someone talks.

Seems like the secret holders have no conscience so unless fate intervenes, I don't know if the secrets will ever come to light.

I wish you luck in submitting the proposal. I look forward to having a non-DR related discussion.
No "luck"required, just a pm.

If you guys really want a forum, I'll be happy to oblige. But it takes some time and effort to set one up properly, and I don't have time to waste. On a couple of recent cases, I've spent hours organizing information into topic specific threads, only to be met with insults and protests from members who refused to move away from a one thread, general discussion format. So before I go through that again, I need to hear from you.

I invited responses from you last week, and received requests in pm's from only two members. They presented good arguments for a sub-forum, and I'd be happy to oblige, but I'd like to know that at least half of the regular posters are in agreement. You can send a pm to me right from this post just by clicking on my name. I'm here to help you, so let me know, yea or nay.

Bessie

If you guys really want a forum, I'll be happy to oblige. But it takes some time and effort to set one up properly, and I don't have time to waste. On a couple of recent cases, I've spent hours organizing information into topic specific threads, only to be met with insults and protests from members who refused to move away from a one thread, general discussion format. So before I go through that again, I need to hear from you.

I invited responses from you last week, and received requests in pm's from only two members. They presented good arguments for a sub-forum, and I'd be happy to oblige, but I'd like to know that at least half of the regular posters are in agreement. You can send a pm to me right from this post just by clicking on my name. I'm here to help you, so let me know, yea or nay.

Bessie

One of the problems is can we discuss certain people such as relatives that are not listed?
The idea of other possiblities has been brought up, and where are the ideas? Haven 't seen anything.

One of the problems is can we discuss certain people such as relatives that are not listed?
The idea of other possiblities has been brought up, and where are the ideas? Haven 't seen anything.
No. Relatives remain off limits.

I'm cool with 2 or 3 more Jacob threads, despite that I think one is fine. Can a legitimate argument be made that people in this thread are blocking members from sharing other ideas besides the POI?

A Paynesville thread was created by Fukiyama last year.

A Paynesville thread was created by Fukiyama last year.

That is the kind of thread I'd be interested in seeing in a Jacob-specific forum rather than off where it is alone by itself. In a Jacob forum with other Jacob topics, it would be where people could see it and know where it exists. Then they can work on that and look at what Joy has amassed as far as fact, rumor, and hearsay, distill it all down, and maybe tie it back to Jacob or at least the larger Stearns County sex abuse phenomenon.

A Jacob forum wouldn't necessarily have to be just threads for different suspects, though I do think it would be helpful.

That is the kind of thread I'd be interested in seeing in a Jacob-specific forum rather than off where it is alone by itself. In a Jacob forum with other Jacob topics, it would be where people could see it and know where it exists. Then they can work on that and look at what Joy has amassed as far as fact, rumor, and hearsay, distill it all down, and maybe tie it back to Jacob or at least the larger Stearns County sex abuse phenomenon.

A Jacob forum wouldn't necessarily have to be just threads for different suspects, though I do think it would be helpful.

Perhaps it should just be a Joy forum then. Not sure why she is selected as an authority.

Bessie

Pm sent thank you!

I've seen three other lines of inquiry
1) Paynesville
2) pre-kevin theories of abduction
3) conspiracies surrounding the Catholic Church, family, or a teacher in ohio

Posters often mix these together.

I've seen three other lines of inquiry
1) Paynesville
2) pre-kevin theories of abduction
3) conspiracies surrounding the Catholic Church, family, or a teacher in ohio

Posters often mix these together.

We have tried Hollinger and the guy in prison who had his car taken apart, Then there is LK, DAH, the Bahners, the Hubers, and some assorted other guys that Mossad presented, We discussed several priests in detail.

There was also the burglar who lives in Arizona. A bus driver. The child molester friend of DR. I imagine I am leaving some out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member