MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bessie. Is there anyone who would be willing to have a go at this?

I am not familiar with Jacob's case human, but more than willing to help if needed. Is there an existing map or maps on this case? if so please pm me with it. I will also check this and previous threads for info on any searches performed and articles about that so they can be linked in a SARS/map type thread.

I will begin looking for any and all articles I can regarding this case and put them into some form of chronological order so that they can be the beginnings of a MEDIA LINKS only thread.

Case followers, please remember that a media and mapping/SARS thread is only as useful as it is updated. So once the threads are created, it will be important that you continue to update them as new stuff happens.

Thanks, ticya! I have a bunch of news links I can send you. And some maps, photos. I'm willing to send stuff to make this happen, but don't have the time to start it up, so I appreciate your offer. Once it's up, it should be easy to keep it updated.

Thank you tlcya! Amazing!

I just had an FB post where amy goodman the journalist said that journalists should go where there is silence. St. johns Amy!

If tlyca hasn't started on a media thread yet, I'll be glad to do that part. I did a google search after I posted here last night and turned up quite a few archived news articles.

Do any of you know if there is a way to see who all has been civilly committed to the sex offender program after their probation runs out?

For example this guys probation expires in 2015. But if no one has been released from the program, if there a way to see who is in there that has had their probation expire? Once the probation runs out they won't be listed on that site...

There's a few men who've been committed to the sex offender program or, are still in prison with crimes against boys under 13... sometimes I look through wondering if JW's kidnapper/killer is already there.

I'm also wondering why that program wants to release a guy who has raped over 60 women. I know there are younger men committed to it for CSC against 13-15 yo girls when they were 18-21. Why not start with one of them instead of this dangerous freak?

Do any of you know if there is a way to see who all has been civilly committed to the sex offender program after their probation runs out?

For example this guys probation expires in 2015. But if no one has been released from the program, if there a way to see who is in there that has had their probation expire? Once the probation runs out they won't be listed on that site...

There's a few men who've been committed to the sex offender program or, are still in prison with crimes against boys under 13... sometimes I look through wondering if JW's kidnapper/killer is already there.

I'm also wondering why that program wants to release a guy who has raped over 60 women. I know there are younger men committed to it for CSC against 13-15 yo girls when they were 18-21. Why not start with one of them instead of this dangerous freak?

There's the find a case site, but you have to know the offender's name to search for then there:
http://findacase.com/research/advanced-search.aspx

Link to the new SAR and Map thread devoted to Jacob's case: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Once Bessie is done I will add a link to the media thread so you guys can have readily available links to ease maneuvering from one area of the boards to another among the various threads dedicated to this case. :)

Good luck guys, I so admire how hard you have all worked to stick with this case and keep this discussion alive til we know where Jacob is and what happened.

You're very welcome. :)

I've added the links to the first post of this thread, and the earlier threads. The media thread is pretty complete, but more items can be added. Just remember we have to stick to the 10% copyright rule.

I know something about this program. I think everyone in there deserves to be there or in a worse place. Where does this treatment piece come from? Who cares?

They have viloated their right to be out in society. Too bad for whatever brought them there. And I know it was a horrific childhhood. They are not fit to be out in the world.

Yes, now at least one has been released. The crimes they have done are beyond disgusting.

Can you find anything by looking on here?

http://www.doc.state.mn.us/facilities/willowriver.htmt

This is in regards to the "sketches of the kidnapper" on the 'Media page'.
I am wondering if something should be written under them to clarify that the sketches came from Jared whom was molested in cold spring. (the other two boys left behind when Jacob was kidnapped ONLY were able to give a description of height and weight. They could not see his face due to the nylon mask.)
Just thought it may be helpful to do that for any potentially new people that may follow this case. (don't want people to have tunnel vision, searching ONLY for someone that may look like that sketch)

I was just reading through some of the "Jacob" links at the pine curtain site. It might be a good idea to search this lake and area.. if it was never done before.

"In a recent phone conversation, the student, now in his late 40s with strong ties to the Catholic Church, recalled a dream that he had on the evening of October 22, 1989. In the dream, Roger Julkowski abducted a young boy and did something with the body in West Gemini Lake, the lake behind Julkowski’s home.

On the morning of October 23, 1989, the former student heard the news that JacobWetterling had been abducted in Saint Joseph, Minnesota, a few miles from Julkowski’s home." (more at link)

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/meet-roger-julkowski/

Thanks Shergal for pointing out this guy.

The dream that guy had speaks volumes to me! Premonition? I think dreams like that always have some significance. IMO.

Also found this interesting from the article "The family sold Julkowski’s house and gave way or burned most of his belongings."
WHO BURNS loved ones belongings!!!? Did the family find something that they were trying to cover up? His father being a prominent Lawyer and Politician! Certainly he wouldn't want anything to tarnish his reputation!

Dreams like that don't always have significance I'm afraid. Look at the recent over turning of Ryan Ferguson's conviction - he spent nine years in prison basically because his friend had a dream that they committed the murder together.

Let's look at facts, not dreams.

Thanks Shergal for pointing out this guy.

The dream that guy had speaks volumes to me! Premonition? I think dreams like that always have some significance. IMO.

Also found this interesting from the article "The family sold Julkowski’s house and gave way or burned most of his belongings."
WHO BURNS loved ones belongings!!!? Did the family find something that they were trying to cover up? His father being a prominent Lawyer and Politician! Certainly he wouldn't want anything to tarnish his reputation!

It is common for older people with family lines back to Europe to burn bedding of family members who have passed. I suspect this goes back to the "plague" era. The rest of the stuff? No clue unless they did not want copy cats or any sick admirers to acquire a "trophy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova