MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is impossible that the perpatrator entered the vehicle without openly revealing that black boot twisting into the gravel driveway. It's not there!

Trackergd, what is your opinion?

According to the police report and some other pictures I have seen, there are perp prints. Where they are in relation to Jacobs is difficult to pin down without better pictures showing the entire print field. It appeared to me that there were some larger twisting prints to one side of Jacobs last print. To me this would indicate Jacob went into the back seat of the vehicle. If the vehicle was two door, the perp would have held the front seat forward and "assisted" Jacob in and then put the seat back, effectively preventing Jacob from opening a door and getting back out.

According to the police report and some other pictures I have seen, there are perp prints. Where they are in relation to Jacobs is difficult to pin down without better pictures showing the entire print field. It appeared to me that there were some larger twisting prints to one side of Jacobs last print. To me this would indicate Jacob went into the back seat of the vehicle. If the vehicle was two door, the perp would have held the front seat forward and "assisted" Jacob in and then put the seat back, effectively preventing Jacob from opening a door and getting back out.

Getting in a 2-door vehicle (car or truck) did not occur to me. Definitely interesting and something to consider.

The reason that this case drives me a bit batty is that if I had a good photograph or collage of photographs of the print field, it would be easy to tell what occurred and when, how many vehicles were involved and how many individuals were walking about and what they were doing. Right now I only have bits and pieces (pictures) and some video.

Add to this the fact the print field was contaminated by a police car, one or more ATV's and horses, first responders and LE.

And of course, vehicle and foot prints from DR and his family that existed prior to the abduction event.

Then where is the perps footprints behind Jacob? You would think there would be a mess of footprints happening right there then.

There are more prints near Jacobs. They just do not show in that particular view. LE took casts of those prints as well.

If the vehicle was a two door there is no way Jacobs last footprint can be stepping straight forward into the vehicle. Unless he was put in the front passenger seat.

A few posts back the idea was brought up that DR may have placed J in his trunk, stored a deceased J at school, then brought him back.

Rigamortis?

Smell of the deceased?

He could have gotten into the front seat and crawled over.

Yeah your right, but once again where is that big black boots last footprint entering the vehicle? I want more pictures. That footprint has to be there and distinguishable.

Yeah your right, but once again where is that big black boots last footprint entering the vehicle? I want more pictures. That footprint has to be there and distinguishable.

If Jacob's footprint was there, the abductor had to have been there as well. Unfortunately, we just don't have enough information.

Could the abductor really feel secure with Jacob in the backseat? Jacob could easily strangle him. There just probably wasn't a vehicle used at all.

sasquatch, if I was threatened with a gun and grabbed by a stranger, I would be frozen with fear, especially if I were a child. Most children don't have the thought processes or instructions of what to do when in danger.

So lets just believe someone got back behind the boys on their way to tom thumb, knew they were coming back, parked his vehicle 50 yards away from the road on whoevers gravel driveway it might be, walk up to the ditch, wait until they arrive, take Jacob, walk back to the vehicle, and drive out of there and through saint joe without any visuals of this happening. Impossible.

From the CNN transcripts-

CASAREZ: So, to Pat Brown, criminal profiler, joining us tonight out of Washington, D.C., originally these tire tracks were believed to be the car of an abductor because an interstate was pretty close by this rural area. But when a man suddenly comes forward and says, no, I made the tire tracks because I had a police scanner and I drove in the area, they realized, wow, maybe it`s somebody much closer to home.

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Right, Jean. And that was really brave of that man to even talk to anybody at that point. I mean, he could easily be considered a suspect right away.

But, yes, I believe he was a local. There`s no reason a man would come off the highway searching for children at that time of night. I think he saw the boys go by and he knew they would be coming back his way.

He wore a mask because he didn`t want to be recognized by them. I think he`s very, very local.

CASAREZ: To Lillian Glass, psychologist, body language expert out of Los Angeles, joining us tonight.

Your thoughts on that discovery inside the home closest to the abduction?

LILLIAN GLASS, PSYCHOLOGIST: Well, that makes a lot of sense, because who else would have such an unusual interest in the case? That speaks volumes.

DAN HOROWITZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Right. And you know, I called the Rassier Home today, and I spoke to his mother. He wasn`t taking calls. And she seems just dumbfounded as to what is going on, but he on the other hand, Daniel, seems very, very odd. You know, when he was asked about those news articles in a press interview, why do you have all those articles about this young boy missing?

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Oh, I think, Jean, that they are going in the right direction. As I said before, I don`t believe this person had a vehicle because if he did, it would be much easier just to drive by and just grab one of them and keep going. He didn`t have to go through all that sticking them in a ditch stuff and don`t look back. I think he had his little own special ops thing going and his little fantasy.

He`s out there like in Vietnam doing special ops. He saw the boys coming by, said, here`s a good victim, he waited for them to return. He stood there. He got rid of the two of them because he couldn`t handle all three, brought one back to wherever, and kept them there for as long as he wanted to continue what he was doing, until perhaps, some other people would be around and would find him there. So, I think they`re looking exactly the right place. We don`t know if that man on the farm is guilty of anything, but it`s the top place to look.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/28/ng.01.html

nothing is impossible. they may have already had their vehicle parked in DR's driveway, maybe visiting him or visiting the party spot in the woods.

the few things that keep me from putting DR at the top of my list (he is on it though) is that he doesn't have a deep voice like he had a cold, he doesn't have any previous arrests for child sex crimes and he wasn't stocky. I think the person who did it was visiting DR and parked in his driveway. (my opinion only)

nothing is impossible. they may have already had their vehicle parked in DR's driveway, maybe visiting him or visiting the party spot in the woods.

Just remember that is the convincing theory before 2004. As it stands today, LE's opinion is that no vehicle is involved.

the few things that keep me from putting DR at the top of my list (he is on it though) is that he doesn't have a deep voice like he had a cold, he doesn't have any previous arrests for child sex crimes and he wasn't stocky. I think the person who did it was visiting DR and parked in his driveway. (my opinion only)

I think he has sort of a deep, raspy voice in interviews. And if he was wearing a "puffy" coat he would have appeared stocky. I agree about the no former child sex crimes though. I also think it's likely someone could have been there visiting him.

Just remember that is the convincing theory before 2004. As it stands today, LE's opinion is that no vehicle is involved.

There would have to be another vehicle involved if there was a visitor. All tire tracks are accounted for...totally agree with you.

I'm sticking to my guns and saying the footprint is planted with DR standing right behind him. If there was black boot twisting into the gravel we'd know it, and there has to be considering an adult husky male entered a vehicle. it'd be much more apparent than Jacobs highly detailed shoeprint. DR was intelligent enough to know that because he is only taking Jacob into the farm that somehow he would have to throw them off the trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03