MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the few things that keep me from putting DR at the top of my list (he is on it though) is that he doesn't have a deep voice like he had a cold, he doesn't have any previous arrests for child sex crimes and he wasn't stocky. I think the person who did it was visiting DR and parked in his driveway. (my opinion only)

If he had to put a black stocking over his head to disguise his face, don't you think that it would follow that he would disguise his voice? That seems pretty obvious to me. And why do you keep saying there in another car involved? ALL other tire prints are accounted for.

And how easy to know how to disguise a voice if music is your field!

I haven't seen any hard evidence that DR did it. If we had, he would have been arrested by now. By using assumptions, speculation and circumstantial evidence, we are focusing in on one person without looking at the possibility of a different perpetrator. We can't do that. We have to keep listing info on DR and other potential suspects until we know for sure who did it.

Highly unlikely that anyone planted a footprint in the driveway to throw people off. It looks like a crime of opportunity and not planned. They needed a fast getaway. No time to think about planting evidence. (my opinion only, I could be wrong). If Kevin is to be believed and he drove in the driveway, why is it hard to believe that he drove over the suspects tracks? LE still hasn't said why they believe a car was not involved. I wish they would. It would help.

I haven't seen any hard evidence that DR did it. If we had, he would have been arrested by now. By using assumptions, speculation and circumstantial evidence, we are focusing in on one person without looking at the possibility of a different perpetrator. We can't do that. We have to keep listing info on DR and other potential suspects until we know for sure who did it.

That is correct, until someone gets apprehended for this noone should truly decide. The biggest problem is we didn't try to nail DR until 14 years after the crime, which may be a factor in never finding out. We got him in every way circumstancially, but with no direct evidence, it's too difficult to prosecute a supposedly innocent and well respected man.

Highly unlikely that anyone planted a footprint in the driveway to throw people off. It looks like a crime of opportunity and not planned. They needed a fast getaway. No time to think about planting evidence. (my opinion only, I could be wrong). If Kevin is to be believed and he drove in the driveway, why is it hard to believe that he drove over the suspects tracks? LE still hasn't said why they believe a car was not involved. I wish they would. It would help.

It is impossible to believe that anyone can drive exactly over tracks, Please try it and you will see. His driveway is 1/4mile, so with the up and down, you will have to drive 1/2 mile.

There is no way that a car drove the EXACT path as Kevin, also it would have to be the exact same distance from tire to tire (width of car)...just impossible that a car would not overlap or be next to the other set of tires at some point on the trip up and down the driveway. Don't you see that? It makes absolutely no sense which is why the police ruled out another car.

What evidence is there that WE know about?

He is a POI. Does not mean he did it.

Things taken out of the home, including a bloody trunk.

Trophies, such as the journals and news articles.

Misleading information to LE.

No car used.

How could anyone be arrested with that?

impossible should be a word that is not used, try "unlikely" please. Nothing is impossible. I didn't say he used the exact path as Kevin, and we don't even know why they cleared Kevin. Calm down people. You are driving people away. sheesh

yes, human, the JW info he had in his posession was super odd, his interviews were highly suspicious, and so was the trunk they removed. Until we know why they took the trunk, if it was tested and whose blood it was, we can't really say DR did it for sure.

It probably would have been enough for an arrest if they found JW's blood in the trunk found at DR's because we know he was the only person home at the time with no alibi. It probably would have been a slam dunk and DR would be in jail. But I know how Stearns County works from prior cases. Accuse first, prove later (MOO). CYA when necessary. They most likely didn't find JW's blood and are going back to the drawing board. DR is the second person on my suspect list. Just not the first.

My main question. Is the blood on the trunk cadaver blood?

With the little amount of evidence there is in this case, it only has pointed in one direction. DR. Not enough to arrest him though.

This is all I could find: Truckloads of dirt, a journal and newspaper clippings. I can't remember where we read they took an umbrella stand and a trunk. Can't find it.

Interest in the case was renewed this summer when authorities converged on the 158-acre property near the abduction site and hauled away truckloads of dirt and other items.
At the time, Sanner told the St. Cloud Times that Daniel Rassier, a man who lived at the farm with his parents, was a person of interest in the case. Rassier, 54, has told the Associated Press he had nothing to do with it.

"It's a bit of a relief, even though it doesn't answer too many questions," Rassier told the AP on Tuesday. "But it does answer the idea that Jacob could be alive and well somewhere out there. ... There's the hope, we all have the hope that he is out there."

Rassier said among the items taken in the search was a box of newspaper clippings about Jacob's abduction and excerpts of Rassier's journal with his thoughts about the case.
"I would not expect to get those back for a while," Rassier said.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_16200880

Who knows where it is. DR said the trunk came from an aunt or someone.

Unless we all have the same hallucination, the info is somewhere or gone for some reason.

I think I found something that describes the umbrella stand base and the trunk. It looks like they took his computer in 2004 :

clipped by me (the middle of the web page after you click on the link, this is a story from KSTP)

KSTP.com has learned investigators did recover clothing articles and animal bones in the dirt and ash taken from the farm. Some of those items were sent to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension lab for testing.

Sources tell KSTP.com, investigators removed several items from the farm, including a lawn chair, the base of a patio umbrella stand and a cedar chest. The items had been stored in an area above a four stall garage on the Rassier property.

This is the third time the Rassier family farm has been searched, the first was immediately after the abduction, the second time was 6 years ago when investigators examined Daniel Rassier’s computer.

http://www.immelman.us/news/wetterling-suspect-dan-rassier/

Now where is this info of a bloody trunk, I've read all the articles you guys have.

I've followed the case for years. Not even in the recent searches was there a description of a BLOODY trunk.

It's very true that if J's blood had been found anywhere, DR would be sitting in jail. Get over it. Nothing to incriminate DR has been found.

someone in websleuths said there was blood residue in the trunk (Marlins), but they didn't give a link or prove where they got the info. JW thread #5, post #176

"I wonder what they found when they were searching this last time that allowed them to get another search warrant.

The initial search warrant was for the gravel pit located outside of the Rassier farmstead. The second search warrant was for the Rassier home.

The reason LE obtained a second search warrant (for the Rassier house) is because a cedar chest with blood residue was recovered through the initial search warrant. The second search warrant was initiated because the cedar chest had been in the Rassier home prior to being placed in the gravel pit. "

Marlins, do you remember where you got this info ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03