MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your theory on what happened that night. I think DR did it and have an idea of how I think it went down. It works timewise and it makes sense. What is your theory and why do you discount DR as the perpetrator.

I don't have one specific theory and I haven't ruled anyone out.

Any reference to the FBI going on record as ruling out a "car being involved"?

There are multiple references that LE changed their theory of the crime to an abduction on foot once Kevin came forward. They did not rule out a vehicle being involved, but said the possibility was diminished.

There are articles that state a car was ruled out, but I think that is simply overgeneralization by the authors.

Naturally, with seemingly no physical evidence to the contrary available, a car could have been involved, IMO.

They identified all of the recent tire treads/tracks on the driveway. That's how they so called eliminated a car being used. Sorry I didn't get back to you today, I almost got electrocuted at work, yikes!

It is strange to me that no more of these attacks happened after Jacob.

Can someone just quit that type of behavior? Are there any examples of someone stopping?

Can someone just quit that type of behavior? Are there any examples of someone stopping?

How do we explain that it just stopped? and that would bring me to think- Have all records of people who committed suicide that year or the next been looked at?

I think Jackie Theel disappeared during WWII....September 5, 1944.
Your 1955 comment if true, would have been a very curious case of 'history repeating itself'.

Have you seen that study done recently where someone correlated things and showed increases? It was to prove a point that because two things occur, it does not mean that they are related in anyway.

There have been assaults all over Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and across the US. To me, deciding that two events are united is strange

Perhaps the predator changed the age group of his victims. Such as college aged men. I just wonder if this person/persons is piggybacking off of other criminal activities like jared's story and the Abbey.

“When I first saw them, there was a big sigh that I am not the only one who had made eye contact with this person,” Jared said

Jared, what color are the perps eyes then?

"The man who had a police scanner in his car drove Jared to this remote site, sexually assaulted him, then let him go."

With evidence like this (police scanner in car) how can somebody not know a person in the area that may be responsible?

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/05/15/abduction-victim-speaks-out-on-wetterling-case/

Yes. Jared's assault was reported in the Cold Spring Record four days after it happened, and again two to three weeks later. The story was also covered in the St Cloud Times in February 1989.

Here is a scan of the article from the St. Cloud Times that ELOC referenced above. He provided me with a copy of his scan so I could link it and everyone could see it. We have actually seen this article on here before, back a few threads.

You'll notice in this 1989 article there was a very complete description of what the abductor was wearing, colors of clothes, and a description of the car, with even the color of the seats. (Of course it also says Jared was "pulled into" the car, so we have to allow for reporter inaccuracies.)

Currently Jared states all he is sure of anymore is that there was a police type scanner and the abductor had a low, gruff voice. Jared also says now he's not sure about the "military" type clothing, maybe the abductor was just wearing khakis. It could be that his mind has blocked all the rest of this from him over the years.

Thanks to ELOC for the scan!

From St. Cloud Daily Times 2/24/1989
Link: http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/Jaredarticle.jpg

Attachments

• Jaredarticle.jpg
    Jaredarticle.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 9
sasquatch a lot of people who lived in the country had cb radios and scanners in the 80s and used them to communicate (thanks to the Dukes of Hazzard and truckers). And if I make eye contact with someone, I wouldn't know or remember what color their eyes are. I agree though, the police should have had enough evidence from Jared to make an arrest- These towns were not that large unless the guy was from St Cloud. Shouldn't have been too hard to find this person you would think. Not too many cars had luggage racks. They could have narrowed it down. Now 25 years later, the car is probably demolished.

Here is a scan of the article from the St. Cloud Times that ELOC referenced above. He provided me with a copy of his scan so I could link it and everyone could see it. We have actually seen this article on here before, back a few threads.

You'll notice in this 1989 article there was a very complete description of what the abductor was wearing, colors of clothes, and a description of the car, with even the color of the seats. (Of course it also says Jared was "pulled into" the car, so we have to allow for reporter inaccuracies.)

Currently Jared states all he is sure of anymore is that there was a police type scanner and the abductor had a low, gruff voice. Jared also says now he's not sure about the "military" type clothing, maybe the abductor was just wearing khakis. It could be that his mind has blocked all the rest of this from him over the years.

Thanks to ELOC for the scan!

From St. Cloud Daily Times 2/24/1989
Link: http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/Jaredarticle.jpg

This article is also on Joy's blog. Do any of you remember I posted a question about this composite sketch asking who this guy was? Mossad then posted regarding using Facebook facial recognition to analyze the sketch-that post was deleted by the MODS but I kept the picture. It turns out the guy in the picture was 6'4" tall so although he looked like the sketch he didn't fit the physical description. Not sure what all that meant but this sketch looks different than the more common second sketch prepared of Jared's abductor.

Attachments

• attachment[1].jpg
    attachment[1].jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Jaredarticle.jpg
    Jaredarticle.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 3
Sure wish I knew what DH's wife's maiden name was. If anyone knows please send me a private message. I just learned yesterday in the interview with the neighbor that her brother also lived in the same household, if that helps anyone with the name.

I think this picture and the other sketch is a dead ringer of TH, of course people really all have some similarities.
I can't get the picture to paste, but I am referring to the one two posts above.

I agree, that pic does look like TH Delbert's son. I looked up their crim history in MN and could only find the murder conviction. I wonder what they were doing until now? It would be unusual to have no arrests then kidnap someone. But now they are charged with murder of the neighbor, I wouldn't put anything past either of them.

DH has a history of being angry and threatening people and has a history with the Paynesville police:

Feldman said Delbert agreed to let him farm some of his land for two years, but when Delbert saw how well it was doing he wanted him gone. Albert Feldman, Joe’s father, said Delbert Huber had threatened them in the past.

“Delbert told them if he stepped foot on his property again he would shoot them,” Albert Feldman said.

It’s one of six civil cases we found in Stearns County Court. The Huber’s have a history of not paying bills. In one case, when Delbert finally did pay he wrote a check for $1,000 scribbling all over it.

Paynesville Police have responded to at least 40 calls from the Huber farm in the last eight years from missing mail to loud music.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/10/11/farmer-charged-in-shooting-has-history-with-police/

To me, what makes the picture look so similar to TH is the amount of white showing at the bottom of the iris of the eye. That is somewhat of a unique feature.

did anyone see this article? the Huber house was torn down. Del's wife Jane died in 2010. Del was not a nice man to anyone apparently. He was in foster care too. Men who abduct kids usually have no family ties. Weird, I thought he had sisters and brothers. Delbert was physically and sexually abused in foster care. Clipped from article:

"Sanner says Delbert Huber was one of many people investigated after Wetterling was kidnapped. David Lauer, a neighbor who has known the Hubers for forty years, says Delbert bragged that he had been questioned repeatedly about Wetterling.

“He boasted about so many law officials coming out there,” Lauer said. “He was proud of attention. ‘They think they got something on me, what are they going to prove?’”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/05/21/are-paynesville-father-son-connected-to-wetterling-case/

Neighbors said Delbert physically abused Timothy. did not say if he sexually abused him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member