MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they burn wood on a farm. That's totally acceptable. If everyone with an immaculate wood pile that is 100 x 20 is a suspect than there's a whole lot of people that fit that demo graph.

Hardly a pile. Dimensions were approximately 100 x 20 for the large one.

It amazes me how much people want to ignore the facts when they have their horse blinders on. Both Aaron and Trevor looked directly at the perp and have never accused DR of being that person. Stick with the people who have first hand experience.

Also, if you think the same person that abducted Jacob abducted Jared, than you have effectively ruled out DR.

DR is the only logical person that saw the boys going to the store and knowing their return. It's DR doing some kind of special ops like in vietnam, he loses the first chance and takes full advantage of the second.

And they burn wood on a farm. That's totally acceptable. If everyone with an immaculate wood pile that is 100 x 20 is a suspect than there's a whole lot of people that fit that demo graph.

That would be feet.. including approx.15 feet tall. The size of a small barn in addition to two other medium sized piles. Just trying to fill in the blanks.

That would be feet.. including approx.15 feet tall. The size of a small barn in addition to two other medium sized piles. Just trying to fill in the blanks.

This is crazy...Who cares about how big the woodpile is? Can we get back on topic?

it isn't too far off the subject of DR's current mental state. and it certainly is not crazy.

When one believes that Jacob and Jared were abducted by the same person you're effectively ruling out DR as a suspect. DR taught at ROCORI Middle School, which Jared attended.

Jared fully saw his abductor and made the composite sketch, which means DR is completely ruled out. Taking it one step further, DNA was procured from Jared's assault and DR freely submitted his. DR is not a suspect in either case if you believe he is JW's abductor.

I'm picking up what you're putting down in the first paragraph, but am confused by your last statement. "DR is not a suspect in either case if believe he is JW's abductor". Can you explain that?

TIA

Look, I see a bunch red flags when it comes to DR but having a gigantic wood pile does not mean anything. Did you see how bad this winter was? Nothing wrong with preparing in advance. Surprised that anyone would find Dr's woodpile of any interest at all.

Search warrants that were believed by investigators to be sealed were released publicly in May, 1996. The warrants revealed information about three early suspects in the Wetterling investigation. Two of the three suspects had been subsequently ruled out, but the other had not been ruled out yet. WCCO-TV was first to reveal the information found in the warrants. Authorities moved quickly to get the documents resealed by the courts after they had been revealed.

Of the suspects revealed in the search warrants, one was a 60 year old man who had confessed to Jacob's kidnapping a month afterwards. He had suggested that Jacob's clothing could be found in is basement but investigators could not find any evidence that corroborated the man's story. The man suffered from Alzheimer's disease and was dismissed as a suspect. A student from St. Cloud State University was another suspect mentioned in the warrants. In his room investigators found unusual writings about the Bahi faith, as well as "missing" posters of Jacob. The student was cleared and committed suicide some time later. The third and final suspect had not been cleared. He was a Paynesville area man that fit the description of the man that had assaulted 12 year old "Jared" in Cold Spring in January, 1989. Investigators said the man was not a top suspect in Jacob's case, but a paragraph in the search warrant had been blocked out without explanation.

Sure thing. It's sort of a reiteration of the first paragraph but poorly executed. It's just reaffirming that if you believe Jacob and Jared were abducted by the same guy than DR is completely ruled out. Jared saw DR at Middle School on a regular basis and would surely be able to ID him.

I'm picking up what you're putting down in the first paragraph, but am confused by your last statement. "DR is not a suspect in either case if believe he is JW's abductor". Can you explain that?

TIA

Search warrants that were believed by investigators to be sealed were released publicly in May, 1996. The warrants revealed information about three early suspects in the Wetterling investigation. Two of the three suspects had been subsequently ruled out, but the other had not been ruled out yet. WCCO-TV was first to reveal the information found in the warrants. Authorities moved quickly to get the documents resealed by the courts after they had been revealed.

Of the suspects revealed in the search warrants, one was a 60 year old man who had confessed to Jacob's kidnapping a month afterwards. He had suggested that Jacob's clothing could be found in is basement but investigators could not find any evidence that corroborated the man's story. The man suffered from Alzheimer's disease and was dismissed as a suspect. A student from St. Cloud State University was another suspect mentioned in the warrants. In his room investigators found unusual writings about the Bahi faith, as well as "missing" posters of Jacob. The student was cleared and committed suicide some time later. The third and final suspect had not been cleared. He was a Paynesville area man that fit the description of the man that had assaulted 12 year old "Jared" in Cold Spring in January, 1989. Investigators said the man was not a top suspect in Jacob's case, but a paragraph in the search warrant had been blocked out without explanation.

I am not sure that TH is Jacob's kidnapper, but I think that TH could be a very likely suspect for Jarrods abductor and some people in Paynesville think he was involved there in the assaults, I think a lot of people thought they would end up like the teacher if they said anything, after all they were told they would be blown away and DH finally made good on his threats. TH picture looks so much like the sketch, eyes, nose, small upper lip, bushy hair.....sometimes I think small town cops think they might be blown away by someone as unstable as DH and TH and they don't make waves. In a small town the social status of the victims might determine how much effort the cops put into to solving the case.

It amazes me how much people want to ignore the facts when they have their horse blinders on. Both Aaron and Trevor looked directly at the perp and have never accused DR of being that person. Stick with the people who have first hand experience.

Also, if you think the same person that abducted Jacob abducted Jared, than you have effectively ruled out DR.

They looked at the perp? In the pitch black and the perp was wearing a mask.

So I do not understand that comment at all.

Why do you think DR lied about his mother having black pantyhose?

I am not sure that TH is Jacob's kidnapper, but I think that TH could be a very likely suspect for Jarrods abductor and some people in Paynesville think he was involved there in the abductions, I think a lot of people thought they would end up like the teacher if they said anything, after all they were told they would be blown away and DH finally made good on his threats. TH picture looks so much like the sketch, eyes, nose, small upper lip, bushy hair.....sometimes I think small town cops think they might be blown away by someone as unstable as DH and TH and they don't make waves. In a small town the social status of the victims would determine how much effort the cops put into to solving the case.

What about the fact that TH is mentally challenged and that he would smell to high heaven?

How about the fact that a car that he would have would probably be filthy?

Does anyone know if any FOIAs (Freedom of Information Act) have been successfully executed in this case?
Have there been any requests at all? I'm guessing the media has submitted a few (esp within the last few months) but I don't know which ones or if any were successful.

What about the fact that TH is mentally challenged and that he would smell to high heaven?

How about the fact that a car that he would have would probably be filthy?[/QUOTE

We don't know, maybe the kids did report that he stunk to high heaven and maybe Jarrod did tell law enforcement the car was a mess. Having a messy car and stinking does not mean someone is or is not a child molester.

Yes. They were able to get the height and size of the individual. DR was tall and skinny, the abductor was shorter and stocky.

They looked at the perp? In the pitch black and the perp was wearing a mask.

So I do not understand that comment at all.

Why do you think DR lied about his mother having black pantyhose?

It's been assumed that DNA was taken from the Jarred assault. Has this been confirmed? Remember, the perp in Jarred's abduction took his underwear and pants, leaving him with just his snowmobile pants and jacket.

I wonder if DH's property and home were searched completely before it was tore down. Looking back at all these abductions the perp kept souvenirs.

LE is more informed than the public on DAH and the Hubers. They have been looked at extensively and they are not even POI's. Neither was Vernon Seitz or all the others. Yes the investigation continues but after so much time things should start to tell us something. These guys we know about, just ghostly links. The reality is there was no stranger.

The abductor was local. He referred to woods, he knew the boys were alone and had to return to the dead end they came from, he only took one boy cause he was on foot.

A man doesnt abandon a vehicle in this scene.

Does anyone else feel this thread is going round and round and covering and recovering things already settled/proven/discussed to death? Or is it just me?

How about the fact that a car that he would have would probably be filthy?[/QUOTE

We don't know, maybe the kids did report that he stunk to high heaven and maybe Jarrod did tell law enforcement the car was a mess. Having a messy car and stinking does not mean someone is or is not a child molester.

My point is that it would be a tremendous clue if the children mentioned a smell or a filthy stinky car.

We have not heard that. It is has nothing to do with someone being a molester or not, although the molesters I know of did live in filth.

So were the molesters stinky or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member