MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know more about J. Was he a submissive young man, or was he aggressive? It would definitely make a different in his abduction. If he was frightened and non-aggressive, I can see him following the perps directions w/o a struggle.

I would like to know more about J. Was he a submissive young man, or was he aggressive? It would definitely make a different in his abduction. If he was frightened and non-aggressive, I can see him following the perps directions w/o a struggle.

On here somewhere, and not too far back, there is an article that has quotes from Patty.

She said that he was stubborn so she did not feel that he would go easily.

But, he was 11 and 75 pounds. And it would take him a little while to process that something truly not good was going to happen. I doubt that he had ever been in a situation in his life where he had to defend himself against evil.

The reality of a little boy doing something against a full grown man is slim.

As far as him being able to put a foot print because he was getting out of a pick up box is impossible. Think of how high you are off of the ground in the back of a pickuo. It is not a matter of just putting your foot over the box and you are on the ground.

Human, you would be surprised to learn that even small town priests start out at about 60K, they have plenty of money.

Sher, thanks for the info on the JW show airing this week.

Sigrun, great info! Busy day here, still catching up!

Some Diocesan priests MAY earn $60,000/year, but no Religious order of priests get paid for their ministry in a Parish,which generally means Priests go out on assignment from their monasteries on the weekend.
some orders still have a handful assigned to Parishes full time, but it is rare, because there are not enough priests to do that anymore.

Some Diocesan priests MAY earn $60,000/year, but no Religious order of priests get paid for their ministry in a Parish,which generally means Priests go out on assignment from their monasteries on the weekend.
some orders still have a handful assigned to Parishes full time, but it is rare, because there are not enough priests to do that anymore.

I am not Catholic so I do not understand this explanation even a tiny bit.

Mmogren say they START at $60,000. i know the nun who was the head of a hospital here had a salary a few years ago that was $500,000

Mmogren say they START at $60,000. i know the nun who was the head of a hospital here had a salary a few years ago that was $500,000

I think they are making a comparison between the folks who live in a monastary with all the other priests that work/live at parishes. All priests that are stationed at a parish start at around $60k.

Also, if you are talking about the guys at St. Johns there is no shortage of money there.

These are from her photobucket.

I think the issue is copyright, so I hope it is enough to say that the pics come from KARE 11.

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/sh...5b-4f2c-ba16-4554e8d506e0.jpg.html?sort=4&o=4

The tire and footprint pictures are screen captures I made from KARE11 video located here:
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/cr...ors-take-fresh-look-at-similar-cases/9064905/
I used the 4th video on that page - the one with the faded picture of Jacob.

Here is another video which shows footprints and search also.
http://www.kare11.com/video/106414415001/1/Jacob-Wetterling-abduction-site-focus-of-search

The maps on my photobucket are all maps I created by hand from google maps. They were not taken from any other site. Pictures labeled Map #4 and #9 are older photos from the St. Cloud Daily Times website. http://www.sctimes.com/

Back to the foot prints.

In the pic where there is a pic of a plaster cast of tire tracks , it appears that there are casts of foot prints as well. It seems like the tire tracks go over the prints? Or are the prints over the tire tracks? Are they of the perp or of Jacob?

We have so little info to go on.

Men and women who members of religious orders take a vow of poverty, and the usual way things are handled, is that they are given a monthly stipend ( $75.00 /mo) or approximately. Any money any one of them earns from teaching, nursing,administrating, etc, goes directly back into the community fund. (community: everything is owned as community property) If they need additional funds, ie for an airfare, gas for a car trip, new pair of shoes,)they must request this from the bursar ( one who manages personal and or corporate finances). Sometimes these departments are separate. An individual in community has very minimal personal funds. ( and generally very minimal need for personal funds) Sorry for the off topic)

Let's get back on topic, please.

Men and women who members of religious orders take a vow of poverty, and the usual way things are handled, is that they are given a monthly stipend ( $75.00 /mo) or approximately. Any money any one of them earns from teaching, nursing,administrating, etc, goes directly back into the community fund. (community: everything is owned as community property) If they need additional funds, ie for an airfare, gas for a car trip, new pair of shoes,)they must request this from the bursar ( one who manages personal and or corporate finances). Sometimes these departments are separate. An individual in community has very minimal personal funds. ( and generally very minimal need for personal funds) Sorry for the off topic)

Great to have the info. So how can it be that Father Gillespie can fly a plane?

Do you know how much he was involved with the R family?

Were children brought by plane to the cabin in Bemidji?

isn't there some other kind of retreat/cabin close to the Abbey?

What about the path that goes from the Abbey to the R property? Did it exist in 89? Is there such a path? How long is it?

Actually, our priests payroll is right on the church books and is over 60k per year. I have seen it and know for fact that is is a very well paid job.

On the info page for this case there is a lot of good info on father tom and his flying and that he did travel to s. America.

All I could find was this from the Pine Curtain.

Father Thomas studied philosophy and theology at Saint John's University in preparation for ordination. His first, and most of his other pastoral assignments, was in Minnesota, but he was a missionary and teacher in Puerto Rico from 1968 to 1975 when he returned to his home state to serve as pastor or chaplain at various locations. From 1996 to the present he has been responsible for computer-generated signage throughout campus. He has also mastered the art of creating websites. In 2004 he was named socius (assistant) for novices and candidates. He also serves as a fireman, a technician for the Sunday Mass Web broadcasts, and team chaplain for the retirement center. In his spare time, Father Thomas adds to the 2,000 miles of flying time he logged in January 2002. (2008)

The Puerto Rico connection seems to come up a lot.

I did not find anything about flying to South America.

I believe the R family has a member living in Ecuador.

It was too hard to look through the Anderson site. It just boggles the mind the amount of children that have been affected

All I could find was this from the Pine Curtain.

Father Thomas studied philosophy and theology at Saint John's University in preparation for ordination. His first, and most of his other pastoral assignments, was in Minnesota, but he was a missionary and teacher in Puerto Rico from 1968 to 1975 when he returned to his home state to serve as pastor or chaplain at various locations. From 1996 to the present he has been responsible for computer-generated signage throughout campus. He has also mastered the art of creating websites. In 2004 he was named socius (assistant) for novices and candidates. He also serves as a fireman, a technician for the Sunday Mass Web broadcasts, and team chaplain for the retirement center. In his spare time, Father Thomas adds to the 2,000 miles of flying time he logged in January 2002. (2008)

The Puerto Rico connection seems to come up a lot.

I did not find anything about flying to South America.

I believe the R family has a member living in Ecuador.

It was too hard to look through the Anderson site. It just boggles the mind the amount of children that have been affected

I only found info that father was in Puerto Rico for a time, not that he flew there himself.

Yes, there is an R brother living in Ecuador.

This is from the Pine Curtain link: In truth, Fr. Tom Gillespie had at least four victims before arriving in St. Joseph and, during his time at the parish in St. Joseph, had at least one more. While wrestling with a 10 year old boy, Fr. Gillespie put his hands down the boy’s pants. The people of St. Joseph, not just the few who attended the meeting with the Abbot deserved then, and deserve still today, to know that truth.

Later, Abbot John Klassen delayed the announcement of Fr. Tom Gillespie’s molestation of young boys for at least two reasons. First, Fr. Gillespie had spent time with Jacob Wetterling’s family following Jacob’s disappearance in 1989. The abbey could not afford to have Jacob’s disappearance — or the suicide of a young parishioner, Christopher Klehr — linked to Fr. Gillespie’s pedophilia.

[Note: This was likely not the first and certainly not the last time that the abbey refused to release a monk's name for fear it would be linked to a local tragedy. Fr. Bruce Wollmering's name was not released to the public until 2006 because of the abbey's fear that he might be linked in any way to the 2002 disappearance of Joshua Guimond. When Wollmering's name was finally released, the abbey downplayed his multiple "relationships" with college students and inappropriate behavior dating back to the 70's.]

I so wonder why Gillespie went to the Wetterlings.

They are not Catholic. We know it wasn't because he was concerned about the kidnapping of Jacob since Gillespie is a molester.

So what was he doing there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member