MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So looking at the prints, what about the fact the prints are in the middle of the tire tracks?

What do you mean? Do you have a picture showing a print on top of the tire track?

Re where the scouts were camping.

There is the Woebegone Trail, but was there camping there then?

Also this camping

http://www.cityofstjoseph.com/Facilities.aspx?Page=detail&RID=6

Not in reference to a scoutmaster with a car, but about scouts camping in the area.

And we all know a out the scouts and their allegations. Ugh

Millstream Park is over on the West end of St. Joe, so it wouldn't really be considered "in the area", IMO. It's unknown exactly where the scouts were camping. We have speculated on here previously that it may have been in the woods across from DR's driveway, or further back by the party spot. I think that was city owned land back then.

But according to this article which I have linked below, the camping trip was the night BEFORE Jacob was taken, which would have been Saturday night. I'd heard before it was the same night that Jacob was abducted. In this article, one of Jacob's friends says he went camping with boy scouts the night before "in the area."

This article is from the Pioneer Press newspaper, Oct. 23, 1993, Page 1F, and the picture of it is from my paid subscription at the news library archives. (http://nl.newsbank.com/)

Here is the link to the scan of the article. It is picture # 23 on this page:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/library/?sort=4&page=1

We both reached the same conclusion, that's saying something.

What I hear you both saying is that since all tire tracks are accounted for, then the footprint must have been planted. What else can explain that footprint?

Law enforcement would have to admit they did not secure the scene, they would have to show the nighttime pictures and compare to the pictures taken during the daytime. Were any crime scene pictures taken right at the time of the crime at night? Would be interesting to see if there were nighttime pics with just Kevin's deeper tire tracks then a footprint showing up with the daylight pics. That would be the clincher right there. Who else could plant Jacob's footprint but his abductor?

What I hear you both saying is that since all tire tracks are accounted for, then the footprint must have been planted. What else can explain that footprint?

Law enforcement would have to admit they did not secure the scene, they would have to show the nighttime pictures and compare to the pictures taken during the daytime. Were any crime scene pictures taken right at the time of the crime at night? Would be interesting to see if there were nighttime pics with just Kevin's deeper tire tracks then a footprint showing up with the daylight pics. That would be the clincher right there. Who else could plant Jacob's footprint but his abductor?

Would anyone offer any other insight other than that the footprint is planted without a vehicle involved?

Here are the pics. Sher has them identified as coming from Kare11.

There are quite a few of interest

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/sh...fd-4bdd-a181-9fb30b8cd9ad.jpg.html?sort=4&o=5

Human,

One thing that becomes very apparent right away is there is a very fresh set of tire tracks on that driveway. The driveway seems to be quite revealing if a vehicle passes over it. I see one vehicle using that driveway between 915 and 945, when the cops were on the scene. That vehicle is kevins, who has been cleared by LE.

Here are the pics. Sher has them identified as coming from Kare11.

There are quite a few of interest

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/sh...fd-4bdd-a181-9fb30b8cd9ad.jpg.html?sort=4&o=5

I don't think there were any prints on top of tire tracks. They just have the casts lying on the tire tracks after having taking them, IMO. Maybe they left them out to dry??

Did you think they put the casts down exactly where the prints were, Human? Maybe those are tire print casts??

Im back from testing and imo have made a breakthrough. According to the results, Jacob stepped UP into the back left door of an suv or extended cab 4 door pickup truck, or a horse.. Im going to say it could be a black jeep cherokee with the backseat folded down. Imo it also had a dog cage/fence installed in it to seperate jacob from the driver. It took time and i tripped and fell on my face in the sand, but it was worth it.

:fireworks:

Get a copy of Tom Brown's Field Guide to Tracking and Nature Observation. In this book you will find an explanation of a few of the many pressure releases and some of the basics of Tracking.

If you are confused about what the track evidence is showing you, attempt to reproduce the track in conditions as close to the original as possible. Once you are satisfied with speed, weight, stride, pitch and straddle, etc... then reproduce it in damp play sand. The play sand will accentuate the pressure releases and allow you to "read" what occurred as surely as if you had seen it first hand.

I don't think there were any prints on top of tire tracks. They just have the casts lying on the tire tracks after having taking them, IMO. Maybe they left them out to dry??

Did you think they put the casts down exactly where the prints were, Human? Maybe those are tire print casts??

Why would they lay the casts across the tracks perpendicular?

And they are plaster, you cannot lift plaster up . It must dry rock hard in place.

To me, there is no explanation except that those are foot prints. But are they over or under the tracks?

Millstream Park is over on the West end of St. Joe, so it wouldn't really be considered "in the area", IMO. It's unknown exactly where the scouts were camping. We have speculated on here previously that it may have been in the woods across from DR's driveway, or further back by the party spot. I think that was city owned land back then.

But according to this article which I have linked below, the camping trip was the night BEFORE Jacob was taken, which would have been Saturday night. I'd heard before it was the same night that Jacob was abducted. In this article, one of Jacob's friends says he went camping with boy scouts the night before "in the area."

This article is from the Pioneer Press newspaper, Oct. 23, 1993, Page 1F, and the picture of it is from my paid subscription at the news library archives. (http://nl.newsbank.com/)

Here is the link to the scan of the article. It is picture # 23 on this page:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/library/?sort=4&page=1

They have to go to the bathroom and wash. I don't think you can just start digging latrines anywhere. Where are the woods thick there where they could be camping?

Where is your proof that this area has a higher number? Circumstantial evidence is the same as your opinion.

Jared's abductor didn't wear a mask because he didn't have time to put one on. Plus, he was in a highly residential area, one that would lend suspicion to someone wearing a mask. His taking of Jared was completely happenstance and he needed to move quickly to secure Jared.

This same predator that abducted Jacob (IMO) happened upon them as well while out patrolling. He knew they would have to come back the same way and was able to park the vehicle, secure his face and wait. All these patterns are the same throughout the Paynesville/Cold Spring/St Joseph abductions. They were all happenstance with different time frames to prepare.

A blue 4 door car is consistant at all of these abduction sites. You seem to ignore this with your fascination with pinning DR at the site, even though he's a credible witness with ZERO history of child predation.

This area has a high number of sexual predators as you can see by the comments and research that's been done by websleuth posters. I think it is 2 different people. Law enforcement made the mistake of putting out Jared's perp's sketch in Jacob's abduction mistakenly thinking he was taken by car and they could be related...they ruled out an unknown car.

Jared's abductor did not wear a mask and used a car. Different MO

Where is your proof that this area has a higher number? Circumstantial evidence is the same as your opinion.

Jared's abductor didn't wear a mask because he didn't have time to put one on. Plus, he was in a highly residential area, one that would lend suspicion to someone wearing a mask. His taking of Jared was completely happenstance and he needed to move quickly to secure Jared.

This same predator that abducted Jacob (IMO) happened upon them as well while out patrolling. He knew they would have to come back the same way and was able to park the vehicle, secure his face and wait. All these patterns are the same throughout the Paynesville/Cold Spring/St Joseph abductions. They were all happenstance with different time frames to prepare.

A blue 4 door car is consistant at all of these abduction sites. You seem to ignore this with your fascination with pinning DR at the site, even though he's a credible witness with ZERO history of child predation.

Do you have proof that an area has more? The priests alone are a huge concentration.

The blue car---- where are the tracks?

Hm..Could DR have heard about it as he was a teacher in the area where Jared was taken? Hm hmhm

Actually a good question here would be why did he know for sure they would have to come back the same way as you mentioned? I would think someone very local that knew the boys or knew where they lived would have a better chance of knowing that since the boys biked that road all the time during daylight. Otherwise how would he know they didn't start from the other direction earlier and were returning back to town from visiting friends in Jacob's neck of the woods????

Actually a good question here would be why did he know for sure they would have to come back the same way as you mentioned? I would think someone very local that knew the boys or knew where they lived would have a better chance of knowing that since the boys biked that road all the time during daylight. Otherwise how would he know they didn't start from the other direction earlier and were returning back to town from visiting friends in Jacob's neck of the woods????

Wisdom, you took the words right out of my mouth...I was just going to point out this exact possibility. ;)

Simple question to answer. He saw them get on their bikes and start pedaling away from the house. Predators aren't successful all of the time. He must have seen them leave the property and had a 50/50 guess as to what direction they were headed.

He quickly pulled into DR's driveway and shutoff the lights to the vehicle. Next he maneuvered himself to the ditch, to potentially abduct them on their way to Tom Thumb, however he couldn't get in position fast enough and that would be the rustling Trevor heard. With time now on his side, and knowing the boys had to bike the same way back to their house, he had ample time for the ambush.

It's no different than Jared's case. He was out patrolling which predators are known to do. He missed on his first chance (rustling noises) and was able to setup for their return. With Jared's case he was just successful the first time.

A couple of points about the cars. Dan says he saw a dark colored car, perhaps blue. Jared's perp was reported to be driving a light blue car. It was a four door. I don't know that Dan ever said he saw a four door car. He said it was a small car. From other details of the car Jared was taken in, it seems that was a larger car.

A man who was arrested in Jareds case no longer owned the car that he had, which matched Jareds very detailed description, when Jacob was abducted. Detectives found fibers in the back seat of the car consistent with fibers from Jareds jacket. We know this from Garber's book. If the man no longer had the car, it's very unlikely that Jared and Dan saw the sane car, IMO.

Regarding the Paynesville incidents, I don't recall it being established that a car was involved. Did I miss that?

How many of the priests at St. Johns had vehicles? My guess is not many.

It's quite plausible the blue car drove on ungrooved parts of the driveway. Remember, LE never took track samples from up near the house.

DR had no recorded history of ever being considered a pervert. I attended ROCORI Middle School, you didn't. Never, and I've spoken to many other people who went to RMS, has anyone ever considered DR a pervert or a pedophile. He was never seen in the boys shower rooms or bathrooms, places you would expect a Jerry Sandusky type person to be.

Your failure to analyze DR's complete history is the most compelling argument against your assertion that he's a suspect. Find me another case in any other abduction of a pre-teen boy where the perpetrator didn't show tendencies towards pedophilia? I'll await your submission.

Do you have proof that an area has more? The priests alone are a huge concentration.

The blue car---- where are the tracks?

Hm..Could DR have heard about it as he was a teacher in the area where Jared was taken? Hm hmhm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03