MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you not reach out to any of your neighbors in this situation? That's so odd. I wonder if DR's parents reached out to the W family in any way.

Would you not reach out to any of your neighbors in this situation? That's so odd. I wonder if DR's parents reached out to the W family in any way.

IIRC, they helped with sending out flyers early on. There's a picture of them somewhere!

Lets get real here for a moment, is it most likely they have kind of suspected him from day one? I dont believe anyone can explain either party avoiding each other for 21 years. They had a strange hunch from day one and it became reality when kevin came forward.

It goes both ways. She could have just as easily walked or drove over to his house to talk. What else did he have to offer Patty that he didn't tell LE? Why should he have been the one to reach out?

Think about it for a second. Emotions can run high in these situations and things can be said that aren't meant. I don't blame DR for avoiding a situation like this.

JMO, but I would think both Patty and Jerry were told to stay out of it, that LE would do any questioning of neighbors or potential suspects. The victim's family would be too emotional to be out questioning anyone. If Patty had gone to DR's house and asked to speak to him, it would have seemed like she didn't believe what he had told LE.

A neighbor (DR) calling or dropping by Wetterling's home and offering to help in any way he could, IMO, would have been a more natural thing to do. It's what people do in small towns.

For Patty to run into DR 20 years later outside her health club and ask if they could talk is quite a different situation.

(And yes, DR's parents both helped stuff missing flyers into envelopes, I'll see if I can find the photo again.)

I would also point out that the house was searched six days later. The indifferences between the families most likely began there.

It still seems odd to me that he would get a letter from Patty and hang onto it for six years and never respond at all. He says it was pleading with him and/or accusing him. Since he has made such a big deal out of wanting to clear his name, that would have been the ideal time to respond, IMO.

If he didn't want to have anything in writing, he could have called her at that time. So his response of "well, yeah, of course. Twenty years is long enough to not talk" when she asked to talk to him seems pretty disingenuous to me.

From transcript of DR interview with Julie Nelson:

Rassier says the file contained newspaper clippings, videotapes of news and a letter from Patty Wetterling.

"Was that letter addressed to you?" asked Julie Nelson

"It was addressed to me but it looks like it went through the sheriff's department. It was basically pleading with me to basically accusing me that I did it and that would you please end this whole thing and let's wrap this up and come forward."

Rassier received that letter six years ago, but never responded. Then, last October, he ran into Patty outside his health club.

"She asked me if I could talk and my just reaction was well, yeah, of course. Twenty years is long enough to not talk. So, we sat down and talked for about an hour," said Dan.

He says Patty asked several times if Dan was responsible for Jacob's disappearance. He, said no.

Rassier says the fact investigators found nothing on the farm should give everyone hope.

"That Jacob could be alive somewhere. Wouldn't that be a dream? It could happen. The hope is there and if we have hope then we have something," said Rassier.

http://archive.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875817

I seriously doubt they thought it was DR in the beginning.

If he did in fact help search his property that night, he was in no way considered a suspect.

They did not search the house for 6 days!

He was lucky enough to have Kevin drive down the driveway, so LE thought he had been taken by someone with a car, away from the property.

No one knew he was on a radar screen for years.

So not meeting with the Wetterlings to offer help is strange to me

wow,they did add more things to the article.

How did he get shot in the foot? From his time in Korea?

The tapping on the shoulder and no one is there- weird! I think it could be the spirit of the teacher coming back to drive him crazy. Or some odd medical problem.

Also, he would have never turned himself in unless he was arrested for the shooting. That is pretty telling. Keeping himself in my suspect pool.

I sure hope no one from the prison saw his interviews and labled him a "chimo" and smothered him.

He has his gloves on.

Did Jared, Aaron, Trevor, or any if the Paynesville kids notice the gloves?

Another big clue.

I could not follow,his conversation, I have no idea what he was talking about sometimes in that interview,

I

I seriously doubt they thought it was DR in the beginning.

If he did in fact help search his property that night, he was in no way considered a suspect.

They did not search the house for 6 days!

He was lucky enough to have Kevin drive down the driveway, so LE thought he had been taken by someone with a car, away from the property.

No one knew he was on a radar screen for years.

So not meeting with the Wetterlings to offer help is strange to me

DR said he started to question if he was a suspect and not a witness when they showed up at his work the morning after the abduction.

He has his gloves on.

Did Jared, Aaron, Trevor, or any if the Paynesville kids notice the gloves?

Another big clue.

I could not follow,his conversation, I have no idea what he was talking about sometimes in that interview,

I

why was he wearing those white gloves?

DR said he started to question if he was a suspect and not a witness when they showed up at his work the morning after the abduction.

Another way to look at it is a guilty man runneth when no man persueth.

I would call it useful information. Are priests that live on premises of church allowed to conceal weapons?

I imagine because they get away with abusing kids, there is no reason that they would not have guns hidden, if they wanted to. Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee