MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Framing someone else in a serious crime like an abduction/murder is nothing new. Now under the theory that a vehicle was not used and DR is responsible, how do you explain the last known footprint other than that it is planted to throw them off the trail?

I can't explain it-which is why I have dwelled on it for so long. On the surface it appears to me his last footprint indicates he entered a vehicle IMO. But that leads back to the tire track debate.

From your posts I gleaned that you theorize that when Kevin drove through the farmstead, this gave DR an idea to go back on the road and plant the footprint very closely to Kevin's tire tracks. This means DR must have some knowledge of the dynamics of a footprint left by JW in entering a vehicle. And where would DR's footprints be in doing that? IMHO, it seems a stretch of the imagination that the footprint is planted. My only thought is that JW may have made a break for it and the perp grabbed him and lifted him off the driveway.

I can't explain it-which is why I have dwelled on it for so long. On the surface it appears to me his last footprint indicates he entered a vehicle IMO. But that leads back to the tire track debate.

From your posts I gleaned that you theorize that when Kevin drove through the farmstead, this gave DR an idea to go back on the road and plant the footprint very closely to Kevin's tire tracks. This means DR must have some knowledge of the dynamics of a footprint left by JW in entering a vehicle. And where would DR's footprints be in doing that? IMHO, it seems a stretch of the imagination that the footprint is planted. My only thought is that JW may have made a break for it and the perp grabbed him and lifted him off the driveway.

What if the perp was on the hard packed track part of the driveway and Jacob was walking in the soft part? That would explain only Jacob's tracks on the driveway.

IMHO, it seems a stretch of the imagination that the footprint is planted. My only thought is that JW may have made a break for it and the perp grabbed him and lifted him off the driveway.

From what I gathered from the I.D. Network's rebroadcast of the 20/20 show featuring the Wetterlings, Patty Wetterling agrees that Jacob's last footprints in the driveway indicated Jacob showed resistance/struggled

IMO this was before he was placed (forced) into a vehicle.

there is a few guesses to be made about what happened without a vehicle and Jacobs last footprint-

1. Jacob tried to escape and the man pulled him back
2. The man commanded Jacob to do it
3. DR ran behind kevins vehicle and planted the shoe near his tire tracks.
4. It's not the last footprint and that is where they crossed the driveway.

Or

Jacob entered a vehicle of which we have no known evidence for.

You know what I wish for most of all in the next round of interviews (aside from finding Jacob, of course)?
Kevin. I don't care if he's disguised and his voice is hidden (etc) but I really want him publicly questioned. His story just doesn't make sense to me and he destroyed the crime scene. I want to know how and why LE decided he wasn't a poi, took him at his word, and didn't even consider charging him with obstructing justice.
The mere fact that he sat on the information that he was there that night should be enough to warrant suspicion (if he really exists...)

Posted below is a link to an old study published in the Journal of the American Institute of Criminal Law and Criminology. The subject is morbid impulses and morbid obsessions. In this article there is information on how neuropathic individuals (archaic term) have such thoughts as well as mentally healthy people. Psychopaths under stress have less resistance to their morbid obsessions and impulses. When experiencing various forms of stress, they are likely to act upon their disturbing thoughts.

When asking yourself why the information of other abductions or attempted abductions in the area DOESN'T correlate with Jacob's abduction information, realize that Jacob's abductor may have only one victim. He may have only one victim because there was only one week when his parents traveled from the farm and weren't home to "discourage" his morbid impulses.

http://www.jstor.org/stable/1133517

"Planting" the footprint.

LE and the FBI were involved in the first search and in 2010. It's obvious that a professional examined J's footprint. I believe we had another poster that went into this in depth. Professionals aren't fooled. Pressure on the footprint has to mimic actual foot movement. "Planting" a footprint would not do this.

I also heard that in the 3rd search of DRs farm that DR requested to get back onto the property during the search to retrieve some papers, was he actually trying to do whatever he could to retrieve his journal or parts of it?
That's a really good point. Ask yourself who would return to an area after LE ORDERED him to leave.

I think DR couldn't stand the suspense. He just HAD to see how close LE was getting to his secret. He may have also wanted to provide a "narrative" when LE uncovered bones in his burn pit which he knew had destroyed DNA from the heat. (Oh yes, Officer. Those are just animal bones in my burn pit. I'm the only person on Earth who burns skunks, opossums, and other animals in my burn pit.)

There is zero mention of the perp's footprints.

That does not mean that they don't exist. There is a huge hole in what we are able to discuss.

Link needed for proof that LE searched for and never found the journal in the previous searches. It's time to stop with the speculation and focus on the facts.

This explains IMO why DR was named POI after the search of his farm. LE never found the journal in the previous 2 searches, but they did this time and the information it holds was enough to become very suspect.

Than where are the perps footprints? Again, speculation that doesn't have factual proof to back it up.

My only thought is that JW may have made a break for it and the perp grabbed him and lifted him off the driveway.

Were using hearsay as a form of proof? Site your source.

I also heard that in the 3rd search of DRs farm that DR requested to get back onto the property during the search to retrieve some papers, was he actually trying to do whatever he could to retrieve his journal or parts of it?

Were using hearsay as a form of proof? Site your source.

The links are in these threads, I can't remember who posted or what page. Could the person that shared this information please come forward, for FindTim's sake.

Here is am interesting article no longer available

This article has been posted before. But I noticed that none of the NG people asked what the "other items" were that were still being tested:

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s1765250.shtml

Sources tell KSTP.com, investigators removed several items from the farm, including a lawn chair, the base of a patio umbrella stand and a cedar chest. The items had been stored in an area above a four stall garage on the Rassier property.

We have also learned investigators seized a box from Daniel Rassier's bedroom containing news clippings and articles about the Jacob Wetterling abduction. That box also contained part of Rassier's journal.

Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summers two day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself.

This is the third time the Rassier family farm has been searched, the first was immediately after the abduction, the second time was 6 years ago when investigators examined Daniel Rassier's computer.

Sources also confirm part of the reason why the farm was searched again this summer, was because new investigators took on the case and discovered evidence that had not been examined before. Another reason why investigators converged on the farm this summer is because of advances in technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03