MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bo---- seems a good candidate for Jared's abductor....do you have a source that LE knew of RWB?

IDK if Jared saw the Hubers back in the day but he did comment on Joy's blog:Jared | June 14, 2014 at 2:56 pm
In regards to the comment Curious Too had left…

I dont believe Delbert or Tim Huber is “the guy” I’m looking for in my case. I feel that their obsession was with people that owed them money or people who would steal from them, not little boys. I would have liked to question him in regards to other people of interest that were around the area in 1987-89… but since he passed last Wednesday those questions will go unanswered

Delbert’s death is a great example of why we all need to take time to talk about this now!!!! Because as time continues to go by, the answers will be lost.

Sooooo let’s all continue to move foward in moderation…. pay attention to details and talk about it.

HOPE INSPIRES PEOPLE TO SEEK JOY! That’s been my new saying lately

Thank you all again, for recognizing how important this story is… and for taking the time to talk about it
http://www.joybaker.com/2014/06/08/two-more-incidents/#comments

The Bo----- stuff was on here somewhere.

Jared does not indicate if he actually was presented with the Huber's back in 89-90.

Let us not forget the Elizabeth Smart case where LE had not only labeled the wrong guy but actually had him in jail.

The problem for me is as Sas posted.

DR is not a drifter or a crimmie with a record.

He is not someone LE would choose lightly or easily. He is a respected member of the community. That puts up the huge enormous red flag for me.

Why? What?

We have discussed so many more lovely candidates. Rather, it is DR. Why!!!!

Let us not forget the Elizabeth Smart case where LE had not only labeled the wrong guy but actually had him in jail.

I didnt even know that but did they lock up that guy 21 years after the fact? LE hasnt jumped the gun with DR.

sorry human, I duplicated Jared's comments (you had already seen them).

Pics and description of boys camping near AMP, Inc.....if you look at Google Earth it makes sense. However, her description of the camp as being on the northwest side of the bridge (IMO) is erroneous. The camp would be on the northEAST side of the railroad bridge and thus situated with a curving river to their backside in a thicket of woods. Joy's first picture clearly shows the railroad tracks heading east, AMPI is on the right in the distance. The river you see to the left winds around to the north by east forming a semi-circle....within that semi-circle would be the camp. So if the perp was at the radius of that semi-circle, he would be able to catch anyone leaving the camp(although I doubt it because of the darkness, but I suspect young boys would not dare leave the group and venture into the woods and darkness-hence they were 'stuck'). Joy's picture #2 shows the south side of AMPI where the vehicles access the building.

Sas or anyone else from the area.

Does the camping scene and going to get pop make sense to you re the location and the terrain? TIA

Sas or anyone else from the area.

Does the camping scene and going to get pop make sense to you re the location and the terrain? TIA

Sure, if you want a pop and know where to get one.

LE knew about Bo----. Maybe he had a really good alibi? But wasn't he questioned? It was on here somewhere.

And, did Jared get asked to look at the Hubers?

I think Mossad said Bo---- was questioned in Jared's and Jacob's cases, but he did not provide a link or anything. We don't know why Bo was referenced on Behind the Pine Curtain, and I don't think any of us ever found out about any record whatsoever beyond a "demographic infraction" in NC. So, for me, he is a long-shot who is only on my list because of extremely circumstantial things like his bold, military-like demeanor (from his YouTube videos), his job which would have him probably having a scanner or similar equipment, his hockey connections, and his looks. Plus all his moving around. Plus his living in Cold Spring at the time. But NOTHING to connect him to an actual crime. And I heard second-hand through Joy (whom I don't know, but emailed) that Jared says he never heard of him. Wish I knew more.

I missed something. Watched the interview numerous times...is there a moment where you can say it was spliced? ("says he didn't, he says he did.")

Almost always there is editing going on in video. I do some video myself, and I work with the media to set up interviews of people in my organization. A long interview would certainly be edited. I just did a video in which you can't tell at all it was spliced/edited. As long as the person is sitting in the same position and you do a good job. It's not usually to be deceptive-- just trying to put together the relevant, key messages in the time allotted. So someone nails one thing, then they blather on for five minutes, then they nail another key fact or whatever. You just edit out the blathering, because you only have a minute of viewers' attention.

The segment was so short, so there's no way they only interviewed him for that long, or that they got just what they needed for the exact time they had.

So, DH says he didn't have anything to do with the Jacob Wetterling deal. And then he says the stuff about how he never would have turned himself in if not for the shooting, and "they" shouldn't worry because he's going to die in there anyway. And "it's sad." And the editing is a problem because I don't know if he's talking about the Larson family or the Wetterlings or others. So that's why I wish I could see the whole interview.

Thanks for all of the info Marzipan re Bo---- as well as video interviews.

Sure, if you want a pop and know where to get one.

Does it work with the terrain and what the kid would have to go to reach the pop machine?

Just because you want something does not mean it works.

Almost always there is editing going on in video. I do some video myself, and I work with the media to set up interviews of people in my organization. A long interview would certainly be edited. I just did a video in which you can't tell at all it was spliced/edited. As long as the person is sitting in the same position and you do a good job. It's not usually to be deceptive-- just trying to put together the relevant, key messages in the time allotted. So someone nails one thing, then they blather on for five minutes, then they nail another key fact or whatever. You just edit out the blathering, because you only have a minute of viewers' attention.

The segment was so short, so there's no way they only interviewed him for that long, or that they got just what they needed for the exact time they had.

So, DH says he didn't have anything to do with the Jacob Wetterling deal. And then he says the stuff about how he never would have turned himself in if not for the shooting, and "they" shouldn't worry because he's going to die in there anyway. And "it's sad." And the editing is a problem because I don't know if he's talking about the Larson family or the Wetterlings or others. So that's why I wish I could see the whole interview.

I think the "it's sad" was him feeling sorry for himself because the reporter had mentioned something about him probably dying in prison. Or he mentioned dying in prison. I'd have to go back and listen again, but that was my impression at the time.

Does it work with the terrain and what the kid would have to go to reach the pop machine?

Just because you want something does not mean it works.

Some people really like their Mountain Dew, there wasnt a mountain to climb.

Some people really like their Mountain Dew, there wasnt a mountain to climb.

Still does not answer questions about the terrain and the ability to access AMPI site . Do you know this area at all? I do not know plenty of areas where I live and could not describe them and their attributes.

So, just wondering if anyone knows this area at all in real life

sorry human, I duplicated Jared's comments (you had already seen them).

Pics and description of boys camping near AMP, Inc.....if you look at Google Earth it makes sense. However, her description of the camp as being on the northwest side of the bridge (IMO) is erroneous. The camp would be on the northEAST side of the railroad bridge and thus situated with a curving river to their backside in a thicket of woods. Joy's first picture clearly shows the railroad tracks heading east, AMPI is on the right in the distance. The river you see to the left winds around to the north by east forming a semi-circle....within that semi-circle would be the camp. So if the perp was at the radius of that semi-circle, he would be able to catch anyone leaving the camp(although I doubt it because of the darkness, but I suspect young boys would not dare leave the group and venture into the woods and darkness-hence they were 'stuck'). Joy's picture #2 shows the south side of AMPI where the vehicles access the building.

If you look at google earth, the terrain and vegetation make the story very suspect to me.

I wonder if Joy visited the area?

I didnt even know that but did they lock up that guy 21 years after the fact? LE hasnt jumped the gun with DR.

For the most part, LE in 1989 is not the same LE as in 2014 (nor 2010). It would appear that neither LE has found evidence enough re: DR. If so, there would be an arrest, there would be a grand jury, and there would be a trial by now.

For the most part, LE in 1989 is not the same LE as in 2014 (nor 2010). It would appear that neither LE has found evidence enough re: DR. If so, there would be an arrest, there would be a grand jury, and there would be a trial by now.

Well, that's your opinion.

How much evidence is enough?

I look at Casey Anthony. That was not enough evidence. Something that was a slam dunk to me.

Hi. I've been following these threads for a little over a year now and have finally finished going through all the posts. I was only 7 years old when the abduction took place, and growing up in the St. Cloud area, I remember the impact it had. I currently live within a mile of where Jacob was taken, so I've taken a lot of interest in the case, especially after the 2010 search. My wife grew up in St. Joseph (just a mile from the abduction site); she was only 4 years old at the time, but remembers LE coming to question her parents. My wife’s dad hadn't gone into work that night, because my wife’s mother didn't feel safe being alone with their daughter. Apparently LE looked into any locals that were absent from work that night. They also checked my father-in-law’s car and the tires. He had a maroon 1977 Monte Carlo at the time, and my wife thinks that the tires were similar, but she’s not positive on that. Anyway, they questioned both of her parents separately to make sure their stories harmonized.

My wife has had a couple strange incidents when she was younger… probably about the early 1990’s. A couple times she was playing outside and a reddish orange van kept driving around the block and then would stop on the road and just stare at her playing. Another time there was a woody station wagon that she would always notice stopping and watching her as she waited at the bus stop; one day the guy actually got out, but then somebody came out of one of the neighbor’s houses and the guy got back in his car and took off.

I usually check the local obituaries each day, and the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the news about the R farm being searched in 2010 was an obituary of a monk from the abbey that had been published in the St. Cloud Times the very same day that the search warrant was issued to search the farm. I wondered if maybe he had revealed something he knew on his death bed or maybe a confession he had heard. I had heard rumors that they found something in a diary that he kept, but that may have just been one of the many rumors circulating at the time.

I really hope as all of you do that we can find out what happened on that night. The Wetterlings need closure and so does the community.

Welcome Matthew.

Do you have info to share?

Has your wife heard anything over the years? She must have lived right on the street the boys went on to get to the store.

Your info about LE checking people and tires indicates LE was looking at a lot of angles.

Since it was a Sunday night, not many people would be working.

I was wondering if DR was made a POI only after his conversation with Patty Wetterling when he suggested the gravel pit would be a likely place a body could be buried. Was the digging on DR's farm a few years ago triggered by this "tip" he gave Patty?

Sorry if this has been discussed already. I was just wondering if someone could clarify the timeline and in what order these things happened:

1) DR and Patty talk
2) DR is made POI
3) LE dig at DR farm (2010 right?)

IMO if he inadvertently implicated himself during a conversation with JWs mother which lead him to be a POI (with good reason and LE should investigate EVERYTHING) it really doesn't make him more suspect IMO verses just offering an honest answer to Patty's question.

I heard that Jared has an idea of who his abductor is-- someone who is currently in prison. (And no, not the late DH, as we know Jared commented he did not believe Hubers were the guy/s)

Hopefully more answers will come to light. Victims can find peace and move on including any innocent folks falsely accused. And I hope all pedophiles burn in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo