DNA Solves
DNA Solves

CastlesBurning

Reaction score
Mountain Iron man missing on ATV last seen on Island Lake video
https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article278690904.html
Family asks for help locating missing man

1694761348256.png

A 39-year-old ATV rider has been missing for more than a week after failing to make it to his parents’ home, Minnesota reports say. Jeremy Lawrence was last seen at St. Mary’s Hospital in Duluth on Aug. 20, authorities said, according to Northern News Now. His mom, Debbie Lawrence, told the Duluth News Tribune her son was at the hospital visiting a friend.

“I talked to him on his phone when he was leaving the hospital and he said he was on his way home,” she told the News Tribune. “That was Sunday and we haven’t heard anything from him since.”

Lawrence, who was reported missing Aug. 21, was traveling in a yellow Can-Am ATV, according to a Facebook post from his mom. He was supposed to be riding to his parents’ home in Mountain Iron, about 70 miles northwest of Duluth, but he never arrived.

At least 140 miles of trail and 90 miles of road were searched by an ATV group Thursday, Aug. 24, Debbie Lawrence said late Saturday. “He is officially not on the trails that you can get through,” she said. “All main trails and spur trails have been checked. He is definitely not in the Cloquet State Forest.”

It’s unclear if Lawrence planned to take the road or trails on his ride to Mountain Iron, WDIO reported. Debbie Lawrence told WDIO her son was wearing “a dark shirt, dark hoodie with jeans and tennis shoes” when he went missing. The St. Louis County Rescue Squad described Lawrence as being “off grid.” The squad has conducted several road and trail searches for Lawrence.

Duluth police “are following up on several leads,” the rescue squad said in the Saturday post on Facebook. Anyone with information is asked to contact Duluth police at 218-730-5020.

Oct 4

His parents, Debbie and Jerry, miss him terribly. “It’s a day by day situation. Sometimes you feel like it’s not real. Then reality hits you. It’s tough, very tough,” Debbie shared.

She explained that they are taking care of two of Jeremy’s children, and they know he’s missing. “They pray for him every night.”

Jerry said they are thankful for all the support so far. “Now with deer season coming up, and more activity in the woods, we ask that you be vigilant in the woods, and help us locate him,” he said.

They met last week with others who are concerned. Flyers are being distributed. And the group plans on meeting again soon.

There is a $3000 reward now as well.

Duluth Police said it continues to be an active investigation. Call them if you have info: 218-730-5400

Jeremy has been added to NamUs.

He was last seen on 08/20/2023 at 1800 hours riding a Yellow 2011 Can Am ATV riding north from Duluth towards Island Lake. The ATV registration is 698ZS which is not displayed on the ATV. It has distinct spray painted black front fenders. Lawrence was wearing a black full faced helmet while riding the ATV.

1697136012858.jpeg

Lawrence, who was reported missing Aug. 21, was traveling in a yellow Can-Am ATV, according to a Facebook post from his mom. He was supposed to be riding to his parents’ home in Mountain Iron, about 70 miles northwest of Duluth

Anyone else find it strange that he was gonna ride an ATV 70 miles? I get that he’d lost his license, but it makes me wonder about his route. You can’t generally ride those on the highway (or city streets).

Lots of lakes along the way (along with the big one in Duluth, but I would think someone would notice a wrecked ATV along the Superior shore.)

There appear to be continued searches and efforts to find Jeremy.....

His car was not working, so he road the ATV to the hospital to visit a friend....
my guess is that he might have just --on the spur of the moment-- decided to go travel a trail....

and there are just so many trails all through that area....
maybe this will be one of those cases where winter searches will find a person..... moo of course.

Jeremy has been added to NamUs.

He was last seen on 08/20/2023 at 1800 hours riding a Yellow 2011 Can Am ATV riding north from Duluth towards Island Lake. The ATV registration is 698ZS which is not displayed on the ATV. It has distinct spray painted black front fenders. Lawrence was wearing a black full faced helmet while riding the ATV.

View attachment 452992

Some additional info from the GoFund Me for his parents:
On 8/20/23, Jeremy was seen on the 4 wheeler around 6:00pm on Rice Lake Road in Duluth. He was later seen on video at the Kwik Trip on Hwy. 4. He was last seen on video in the parking lot at Island Lake on Hwy. 4 approx. at 7:30pm.
And they posted a photo of the ATV

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpeg
    IMG_0834.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 10
I am attaching the ATV trail map. Green are trails or roads open to ATVs. I circled in red the last seen point and the alleged destination. I marked in red the only logical route north until the trails branch. Then I circled the area that I think should be searched in depth in yellow. Temp that day was a high in the mid 70s F and low in the mid 60s at night. Sunny and then overcast but no extreme weather.IMG_0837.jpeg

“People don’t just disappear,” Jeremy’s mother, Debbie Lawrence, said. “They haven’t found his four-wheeler, and the trails have been searched by volunteer ATV groups.”

“I drove Deb up Highway 4 and I’m thinking, ‘Look at how expansive this area is and there’s more than one trail in there,’” Jerry said. “There’s trails everywhere and how do you get to all of them?”

Debbie and Jerry are now offering a $3,000 reward for any information on where he may be.

The search continues for an Iron Range man who has been missing for about a month and a half.

Height 6' 2" (74 Inches)
Weight 200 - 225 lbs
No tattoos are mentioned in Namus

From the Go Fund Me page, here is a very clear picture that shows facial structure well.
IMG_0847.jpeg

I have a hunch that he didn’t disappear due to a single ATV accident. He was an experienced ATVer, he was known to wear a helmet, on roads he was familiar with, on a brightly colored ATV. Someone knows something.

The leaves are off the trees and bushes now, and the main hunting seasons have past. There isn’t a large volume of snow yet. If he was just off a trail, he would’ve been found. I hope someone is watching for parts of his ATV being sold off because I absolutely think someone is concealing what happened.

His car was not working, so he road the ATV to the hospital to visit a friend....
This repeated statement has bothered me from the start as I live in Duluth. ATVs are illegal within the city limits. There is no trail into town. How did he get to downtown Duluth in the first place to go to the hospital? St. Mary's at this time was on the corner of East 3rd st and 4th Ave. How did he make it into to downtown without the ATV being impounded or even stopped for questioning?

Has this been explained?

I'm aware he was seen afterwards on the return trip. Just the story doesn't really make sense because there should be camera footage of him downtown and yet I can find nothing saying he actually made it to the hospital...his saying so isn't exactly proof. Am I making sense?

Search Continues for Jeremy Lawrence -- Mesabi Tribune, 8-18-2024
Not paywalled at time of posting.
Mesabi Tribune -- Jeremy James Lawrence

"The Lawrence family awaits for any news regarding Jeremy’s disappearance, and is now mourning the loss of their husband and father, Jerry Lawrence who died on Friday, August 9, 2024, at Essentia-St. Mary’s Medical Center in Duluth, according to an obituary published in the Mesabi Tribune. He was 71.
[Duluth Police Department] Investigator Nick Lepak declined to comment as the department does not comment on open and active investigations.
Since his disappearance last August, there has been no trace of Jeremy, his ATV, his phone, and there’s been no activity on his bank cards, Debbie said in a phone interview in recent weeks."

Sorry if this formats poorly... this is my first post!

Attachments

• JeremyLawrence.MesabiTribune.Aug2024.jpg
    JeremyLawrence.MesabiTribune.Aug2024.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members