MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new theory about what may have happened to Joshua and will share soon, so stay tuned.

Thoughts -- Wollmering may have been affiliated with bad people outside the abbey who helped procure victims. I'm suspicious of the way he died. Did I read correctly he had a fractured rib in addition to the head injuries? Few people want to touch this case -- not community leaders, not SJU alumni, nor politicians who have been called upon to help. This is one powerful abbey!! If Josh's body was incinerated, where does that leave us? Did SCSO ever release the findings from the search of Bruce Wollmering's room after he died? Who knows what kinds of "secrets" the abbot has locked up in that "classified" filing cabinet of his. The hypocrisy is boundless. That university should have allowed investigators to comb every part of the abbey, campus and rural properties owned by SJU. But no, of course they wouldn't allow that, way too many secrets to hide and what if other secrets were uncovered during these searches? How people can continue to support a university with this kind of reputation is beyond me -- but they do!! Maybe it's the football team, I don't know, but it sure is a tragedy when a young man's disappearance is ignored because only a handful of people will stand up for him. His Granddad is getting on in years and is really the only family member currently taking the lead in looking for Josh. I still think there may be a witness(es) within the abbey that might know more than what they're saying, but won't speak up due to fear. I've often thought what if there was a p.o. box people could send anonymous info to. All these years and nothing. I imagine every year that passes with no great interest in the case there's a sigh of relief from all who did not want to dig deeper. The despair from losing their son destroyed Josh's Mom and Dad. Almost fifteen years now. Still here, still praying, Joshua.

phantom, I tried to do a freedom of information request for the Wollmering room search. They said that is only available to his family. Stearns County also denied any information about Josh's investigation in relation to Wollmering as Josh's disappearance is "an open case". I agree that witnesses are passing away. Finnian McDonald passed away. He was known to have over 200 victims of child sexual abuse.

phantom, I tried to do a freedom of information request for the Wollmering room search. They said that is only available to his family. Stearns County also denied any information about Josh's investigation in relation to Wollmering as Josh's disappearance is "an open case". I agree that witnesses are passing away. Finnian McDonald passed away. He was known to have over 200 victims of child sexual abuse.

Are finnian mcdonald and adam mcdonald related? Adam is said to have accessed Josh's computer...

The recent case of Jesse Dady and the case of Guimond have immediate similarities. They're both around 21, they leave a party of drinking, they both wander off alone. Josh out of character just got up and left the party that night. Jesse Dady had gotten into a scuffle at the press bar. Jesse Dady decided to get adventurous and headed into the opposite direction of home, had he been thinking about crossing that railroad bridge for awhile? So I think to Guimonds case and I think about the area there and ok what if Joshua did something similar, what did I see that could have dangerous outcomes if Josh had done that. And I saw a few things out there that I would just like to get two pictures of before I can go any further here.

Edit

When I heard the story about Dady being on that railroad bridge, I remembered 20 years ago being 21 and being curious about trying to do that myself. Not in the dark but just to do it, because it's wild and fun right. I know what to look for if we are getting adventurous and dumb. I saw something that bothered me right along what you would think or guess is the path josh took.

hole.jpg

20170403_113720.jpg

20170403_113734.jpg

20170403_113827.jpg

So with Jesse Dady's case in mind and the similarities, I immediately began thinking about Josh and what kind of obstacles along his path might have rendered him unconscious or put him into a body of water. These pictures of a drainage slide is right across the bridge and off the street he crossed, a big theory is that because he may have been intoxicated is that he had to go to the bathroom, If he left the sidewalk to do that this obstacle is right there, he may have tried to stand in it and slipped, rendering him unconscious and slipping into the lake. The drainage hole has no bars preventing a human being from crawling into it. Did Joshua crawl into that hole and get stuck really far in? When you're drinking at the age of 21 it makes you feel like you're 10 again, when you're drinking at 40 it makes you feel like you're 20 again. Why did Jesse Dady try crossing a railroad bridge with no railings in the dark? And at the same time this little area here is right where 100's of people would have been looking for Josh at the beginning, did they search into that hole, did they miss his body after he possibly slipped into the lake? I saw it and became concerned.

Also I had read that the dog search had a footprint by footprint scent trail for josh? did that trail go beyond this obstacle? if so this theory is bogus.

yes, sometimes good ideas get lost in the ideas that have been brought up over and over. but sometimes we need to keep the thread to the front page to get attention. I don't think Jesse Dady case has anything to do with Josh's case. Location is close, age is close, but not much else. The monks have to be my suspects because they admitted to so many student/professor inappropriate relationships. Especially the sponsor Dan Ward who worked with SJU students for the mock trial team. Josh was co-captain of the mock trial team. We should eliminate everyone seen with him that night first, then eliminate the monks. Dating apps were not popular yet and the campus was in the middle of nowhere. Chances are a stranger did not do this. Most people who are killed (assuming he was killed) are killed by someone they know.

Please don't argue and keep the information related to Josh.

sas, those pics are interesting. don't you think if he was in there someone would have smelled the body the coming spring/summer he went missing?

SAS, I don't know if Adam is related to Finnian, but his oblit only says he is survived by one nephew (not named Adam) and one niece. He was the youngest of five. Maybe these were the only family members who he associated with. McDonald is sort of a common name.

Please remember this discussion is about Josh.

If you see a thread that violates TOS please DO NOT quote the thread and start arguing. Alert ONLY please.

Thank you,
Tricia

sas, those pics are interesting. don't you think if he was in there someone would have smelled the body the coming spring/summer he went missing?

Is it too late now to find Joshua if he did go in the water? That's what I want to know. Does clothing go away, does his watch go away, do bones go away?

Is it too late now to find Joshua if he did go in the water? That's what I want to know. Does clothing go away, does his watch go away, do bones go away?

It is still possible (but difficult) to find Joshua's remains in the water.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

It is still possible (but difficult) to find Joshua's remains in the water.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Shoes, if Josh went in the water his shoes will always be there as well. We need a break.

Today I ask that the investigator on this case comes out and talks on the radio, paper, tv or whatever about this case. What do we make of it today. Has anything with people accessing his computer or josh's key card being used become interesting? Would it surprise the family a bit to have the county do an update?

Pressure and thought solves these cases. I believe we can figure out if he was abducted or went into the water.

I do NOT believe he is in the water...the water theory is a red herring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of the reason it's difficult to solve is that the initial search went all around the abbey but not inside it. Monks were not interviewed and thus no alibis were established. The abbot and his minions went into duck and cover mode. The sheriff had no interest in investigating the monks, he kept his focus on the three lakes, thus his infamous statement to Josh's parents that "Josh was probably eaten by turtles." How professional, not to mention compassionate. Would have been helpful to have people in charge of the investigation who did not have a conflict of interest with St. John's. Josh disappeared from the campus, a place which has seen decades of sexual abuse happen with impunity. Dr. Immelman invested a great deal of time trying to get answers, but it's an impossible feat when the climate is one of secrecy.

Excerpt from "Catholic Straight Answers"
The sacramental seal is inviolable. Quoting Canon 983.1 of the Code of Canon Law, the Catechism states, “…It is a crime for a confessor in any way to betray a penitent by word or in any other manner or for any reason” (#2490). A priest, therefore, cannot break the seal to save his own life, to protect his good name, to refute a false accusation, to save the life of another, to aid the course of justice (like reporting a crime), or to avert a public calamity. He cannot be compelled by law to disclose a person’s confession or be bound by any oath he takes, e.g. as a witness in a court trial. A priest cannot reveal the contents of a confession either directly, by repeating the substance of what has been said, or indirectly, by some sign, suggestion, or action. A Decree from the Holy Office (November 18, 1682) mandated that confessors are forbidden, even where there would be no revelation direct or indirect, to make any use of the knowledge obtained in the confession that would “displease” the penitent or reveal his identity.

there are a lot of barriers to this case. SJU, the catholic church, the Benedictine order, law enforcement who gets much of their pay (and possibly scholarships) from the school, the SJU football team supporters, the shame of secrets. I believe the only option is for the family to sue the school

I am currently a student at SJU looking into the mysterious disappearance of Joshua Guimond. Although its been over 10 years since his disappearance, my friends and I are still haunted by the sick reality of what could have been the cause of this. Also, does anyone on this forum have an image of the tunnel map? The campus deleted the map of the tunnels off of the csbsju archive page and I am no longer able to find it.

If the hole I saw is connected to the tunnel system it is possible to me that Josh tried to crawl in and find something. Has the hole been searched? Maybe josh knew about that hole for awhile and was sitting at that party thinking about it and then just got up and left to check it out. The hole has to have been thoroughly searched.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114186&d=1491240890

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke