MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe if I was given time and some useful resources I could find Joshua Guimond, and it would start by combing Stumpf lake again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I suppose I would do the same. Takes money, and it does not appear Stearns County is going to do this.

I suppose I would do the same. Takes money, and it does not appear Stearns County is going to do this.
in the case of Jesse Dady the searchers had performed boat and sonar swipes for 3 or 4 days before they finally got a hit and found him. So although his body was always there where they were looking, they missed until they got lucky. People can't be here saying that the lakes are cleared and there is no way he is there so just move on. Wrong, a dog indicated to the shoreline of stumpf lake. Joshua could still be there, and it is still worth a try.

in the case of Jesse Dady the searchers had performed boat and sonar swipes for 3 or 4 days before they finally got a hit and found him. So although his body was always there where they were looking, they missed until they got lucky. People can't be here saying that the lakes are cleared and there is no way he is there so just move on. Wrong, a dog indicated to the shoreline of stumpf lake. Joshua could still be there, and it is still worth a try.

Maybe, but his remains would be skeletonized and settled into the muck by now. I doubt a sonar scan would find anything. Scuba divers might be able to locate bones, which I don't think would be very far from where he went in (unless he entered the water in a deliberate suicide attempt and started swimming).

https://www.tahoedailytribune.com/n...t-corpses-dont-surface-if-lost-in-lake-tahoe/

Usually a person who goes into the lake, they don’t come back up,” said Mike McFarlane of McFarlane Mortuary.

“I just never, never have seen anyone floating,” he added. “They usually go down and that’s it.”

“We’ve had a number of cases over the years where drowning victims, or apparent drowning victims, never surfaced again,” said El Dorado county sheriff’s Lt. Les Lovell. “They’re just gone.”

I do believe if I was given time and some useful resources I could find Joshua Guimond, and it would start by combing Stumpf lake again.

"It should be noted that the Trident Foundation has never cleared a lake and later had a body discovered. This is evidence that cannot be ignored"

“We’ve had a number of cases over the years where drowning victims, or apparent drowning victims, never surfaced again,” said El Dorado county sheriff’s Lt. Les Lovell. “They’re just gone.”

Trident consisted of 4 out of state retirees and they didn't get into the water until well after fall winter and spring had already passed.

Some people in this case will only live by one means, an abduction and thats it. The same people give you biased views of what tbey are really saying-

“There were no targets identified that will require any additional search efforts on these lakes,” Romme said. “There is never a guarantee that human remains could have been hidden or dumped in a body of water and are now hidden from the sidescan sonar technology.*

From what I have read, there are a lot of variables involved in the changing buoyancy of a human body put into a body of water.

Muscle and bone tissue is dense and will not float. Fat and organ tissue is generally buoyant and will float. In theory, a lean, muscular person will sink while an overweight person will float. Air trapped in the lungs postmortem will cause many bodies to float for many hours until water seeps into the lungs. A drowning victim, however, will tend to die with considerable water in the lungs.

A body that sinks will become more buoyant as decomposition releases gas inside the body and causes it to expand. Punctures to the body, pre or postmortem will allow gas to escape. As a body decays, breeches in the body cavity will occur so gas will escape. A body that sinks may float to the surface as gas causes the body to expand. This will occur if the was body expands enough due to gas before decomposition, damage to the body and the action of aquatic organisms cause gas to leak from the body. Two critical factors that determine whether or not this will happen is how lean and muscular the body was and water temperature. Generally, colder water will slow internal decomposition more than it will *advertiser censored* damage to the body so a body in colder water is less likely to eventually float to the surface. Also, salt waster is denser than fresh water so, all other factors being equal, a body is more likely to eventually float in salt water.

The upshot of this is that a lean, muscular person’s body in a cold fresh body of water may never float to the surface while a less lean, less muscular person’s body in a warmer salt body of water, will probably float to the surface. An overweight person’s body may never sink until decomposition causes the tissues to separate. How this all pertains to Josh’s case is uncertain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"It should be noted that the Trident Foundation has never cleared a lake and later had a body discovered. This is evidence that cannot be ignored"

I do believe the Trident Foundation is very reputable and has never cleared a lake and later had a body discovered, but there is always a first time.

I do believe the Trident Foundation is very reputable and has never cleared a lake and later had a body discovered, but there is always a first time.
Even if Joshua's remains are in the lake, we don't know that it will ever be discovered, so Trident's record could remain intact. They may have missed plenty of bodies that had already deteriorated too much to be detected with their technology; those bodies will likely never be found, either.

I'm kind of at a new peace with this case now.Grandpa Bob Guimond, who was one of Josh's biggest warriors recently passed away. As a believer I know he now has the answer.

I'm kind of at a new peace with this case now.Grandpa Bob Guimond, who was one of Josh's biggest warriors recently passed away. As a believer I know he now has the answer.

There is that...

But it would have been nice to know why the campus incinerator was used shortly after Josh's disappearance -- on an "off schedule" day. J. Brown you know this as well, right?

But it would have been nice to know why the campus incinerator was used shortly after Josh's disappearance -- on an "off schedule" day. J. Brown you know this as well, right?
Toxic news.

it was reported on websleuths by someone who lives close to the campus that they did notice the incinerator was used on an off day. this was when they were using it for cremations.

it was reported on websleuths by someone who lives close to the campus that they did notice the incinerator was used on an off day. this was when they were using it for cremations.
So we've been here before, a thousand times. We have to realize that if someone incinerated Joshua, the perpetrator couldn't have made a bigger mistake. How much do you want to bet that only one person is qualified enough to run the incinerator? Case closed.

Wollmering and F McDonald ran the incinerator. both were credibly accused of abusing college aged students. and conveniently the "smokestack" or former incinerator was demolished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke