GUILTY MN - Kandiyohi Co, Body found in a Field near Willmar, 31 Oct 2018 - David Medellin Jr. *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Kandiyohi County officials are investigating after a body was found in a central Minnesota field Wednesday afternoon.

Deputies responded to the scene near the intersection of 49th Street Northeast and 8th Avenue Northeast in Kandiyohi Township just before 3:15 p.m. The area, located about 4 miles from Willmar, is full of rolling farmland.
Authorities find body in Kandiyohi County field

WILLMAR — The Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Office is expecting to receive preliminary results Friday morning from an autopsy being conducted on the body found Wednesday afternoon in a farm field east of Willmar.

Sheriff Dan Hartog said Thursday that his office had no new information to provide on the case until the results of the autopsy are received. He is hoping to receive positive identification of the individual Friday morning as well.
Kandiyohi County Sheriff awaits autopsy report on body found...

***NEWS RELEASE***
UPDATE ON DEATH INVESTIGATION FROM 10-31-18

On October 31, 2018 at 3:12 pm, the Kandiyohi County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a deceased person in a plowed field near the intersection of 49th Street NE and 8th Avenue NE in Kandiyohi Township. The body of the deceased was then brought to the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in Ramsey, MN for an autopsy.

On November 2, 2018 the Kandiyohi County Sheriff’s Office received a preliminary autopsy report from the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office and learned that the deceased has been tentatively identified as David Medellin Jr., a 24-year-old male. The manner of death has been ruled a homicide. The Kandiyohi County Sheriff’s Office states Medellin was a resident of Willmar, MN.

The Kandiyohi County Sheriff’s Office is asking individuals that had contact with David Medellin Jr. on October 24, 2018 or later to contact our office at 320-235-1260 if you have not already talked with law enforcement.

If you have already spoken with law enforcement you do not have to contact us.

If anyone has any information concerning this case please contact the Sheriff’s Office.

The Kandiyohi County Sheriff’s Office along with the Willmar Police Department, CEE-VI Drug & Gang Task Force, and the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension are actively investigating the homicide.

His name appears on an active Warrant list here:

1810261709 Medellin, David 6/26/1994 10/26/2018 Felony CON SUB 5-POSSESS-METHAM-UNK - NIGHTCAP
1810261707 Medellin, David 6/26/1994 10/26/2018 Felony THEFT-FE-AUTO-MORE THAN 2500 - NIGHTCAP

Kandiyohi County - Active Warrant Listing

They are asking for anyone who saw him on Oct 24th or after to come forward.
Can anyone dig into the court records and see if he was arrested recently and missed a hearing or something? Perhaps he bonded out on the 24th but missed his hearing?

1810261709 Medellin, David 6/26/1994 10/26/2018 Felony CON SUB 5-POSSESS-METHAM-UNK - NIGHTCAP
1810261707 Medellin, David 6/26/1994 10/26/2018 Felony THEFT-FE-AUTO-MORE THAN 2500 - NIGHTCAP

Can anyone dig into the court records and see if he was arrested recently and missed a hearing or something? Perhaps he bonded out on the 24th but missed his hearing?
According to Minnesota court case records his last court activity was in 2017.

Link to Minnesota Court Case Search Page
Minnesota Judicial Branch - AccessCaseRecords

For anyone who wants to dig deeper into court records, this site may be helpful:
Minnesota Judicial Branch - AccessCaseRecords

I didn't see anything recent there, but perhaps I missed something.

On that page, click the drop-down titled Minnesota District (Trial) Court Case Search, and scroll down to click the brown button titled I Accept the Above Terms and Conditions

After clicking that button, this should provide access to "Minnesota Trial Court Public Access (MPA) Remote View" to search the following case records:
  • Criminal/Traffic/Petty Case Records
  • Civil, Family & Probate Case Records
  • Judgments Search
  • Court Calendar
I searched by last name MEDELLIN, first name DAVID, and DOB 06/26/1994 to filter results.

I have been following the Closs thread and know that LE has stated that this death is not connected. However, I was looking through DM's facebook pictures and there are several pictures of a black car (LE is looking for a specific black car in the Closs case.). I am not that great with vehicles and the pictures are really dark, but it stuck out to me. Has anyone else taken a look through his pictures on Facebook?

Second-degree murder charges are pending against two individuals who were arrested late Monday afternoon, Nov. 5, in the homicide death of David Medellin Jr.

The names of the individuals will be released when they are formally charged, but Hartog said they were arrested on probable cause of second-degree murder and second-degree murder – liability for crimes of another.

The investigation is ongoing.

Two to be charged with second-degree murder in death of central...

I have been following the Closs thread and know that LE has stated that this death is not connected. However, I was looking through DM's facebook pictures and there are several pictures of a black car (LE is looking for a specific black car in the Closs case.). I am not that great with vehicles and the pictures are really dark, but it stuck out to me. Has anyone else taken a look through his pictures on Facebook?

I don't think it is likely to be connected, but please send in a tip to Jayme's tip line about that car so they will be sure to check it out:

1-855-744-3879 or send tip information via email to jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us

How to Report Tips in Jayme Closs Disappearance

Thanks!

Second-degree murder charges are pending against two individuals who were arrested late Monday afternoon, Nov. 5, in the homicide death of David Medellin Jr.

The names of the individuals will be released when they are formally charged, but Hartog said they were arrested on probable cause of second-degree murder and second-degree murder – liability for crimes of another.

The investigation is ongoing.

Two to be charged with second-degree murder in death of central...

BBM. I wonder if that means there will be more arrests in this case? Some additional quotes form that article:
Medellin had past convictions for assault, drug possession, harassment and violation of a restraining order. Court records show he had served time for an assault in Chippewa County.
“But he wasn’t a bad kid,” said Alonzo of the oldest of her six children. She said Medellin spent time in jail and paid his dues for his crimes and was turning his life around.
“He didn’t want to have that life anymore,” she said. “I saw a lot of change in him.”
Learning that he was going to be a father to a baby boy in March was inspiration for more positive changes, said Rodriguez, in a weekend interview.
Rodriguez said the last time she heard from Medellin was at 3:42 p.m. Oct. 24 as he was reportedly returning home to Willmar with a friend after a job orientation at a dairy farm.

Perhaps he tried to quit a drug cartel/gang and was killed instead? Maybe his "associates" thought he had turned into a CI for the police?

Caleb Aaron Blue, 35, of Willmar, was charged with one count of second-degree murder – with intent – not premeditated for allegedly causing the death of Medellin sometime between Oct. 25 and Oct. 31.

He is being held in the Kandiyohi County Jail on $2 million unconditional bail and $1 million conditional bail.

Lori Jean Harris Gafkjen, 51, of Brooten, is charged with two counts of aiding an offender - an accomplice after the fact, and one count of aiding an offender to avoid arrest – harbor or conceal. All three charges are felonies.

She is being held in the Renville County Jail on $500,000 unconditional bail and $250,000 conditional bail.

Blue’s next court appearance is Nov. 21.

Gafkjen’s next court appearance is Nov. 28.

Two arraigned in Willmar homicide

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx