GUILTY MN - Kira Trevino, 30, St Paul, 22 February 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we know if the roommate was male or female? Could this have been a jealousy/alleged affair situation? I know the roommate is cooperating but could s/he have aided JT in some way(s)?

RIP Kira.

I've heard, maybe from here, that the roommate was male. I am wondering about him too. If he was in the house, surely he would have known what happened based on the blood evidence they are saying they found.

Is it bad that I am still holding out hope that she is only badly injured? I am a "glass is half full" kind of person....I need to hold on to some kind of hope until I have no choice but to face the truth. I know after being on WS for so long that this is usually not the case. But, I just can't make my brain believe that a beautiful young woman like Kira was taken so soon. :( I can't stop asking WHY?

Having said that....this guy has to be really stupid. Blood evidence everywhere and you report your wife missing while still in the process of cleaning up? For real?? This guy is not all there, IMO. And I want more info on the roommate. It seems that if "he" was there, he would have seen this blood everywhere?!

I hope they find Kira soon. My heart just can't take the not knowing of cases like these....I can't fathom how the family must feel. It is just so heartbreaking.

Oh and as someone who loves The Walking Dead show (guilty pleasure)....I think the picture of him as "Rick" with a zombie woman being shown in the media is just silly. I think it was a joke which has, with the recent developments, become seriously not funny at all. IMO.

He is very stupid- blood everywhere AND waited over 48 hours to report her missing... Probably only doing so when he had no choice (like someone else was going to do it). He had to know the cameras were at the gas station, MOA, and that most cabs utilize GPS tracking and store that info! He had to. He had to know that it was highly possible there was blood in places he couldn't see that he missed. He had to know that police would look hard at him first.

Sadly, I do not think she is alive. Even if she was after whatever happened in the house went down, if she was placed somewhere still alive but injured- she has been without medical attention, water and food for a week now.

Sadly, I do not think she is alive. Even if she was after whatever happened in the house went down, if she was placed somewhere still alive but injured- she has been without medical attention, water and food for a week now.

I know you're probably right. It just never gets any easier to believe that this really does happen! :(

I know you're probably right. It just never gets any easier to believe that this really does happen! :(

I know.. I can't believe it got to this. Why not just divorce her? Someone answered me up thread that its about the ultimate control but I just can't understand that. If my spouse and I were unhappy and having issues on a large scale, divorce would be my solution. I wouldn't kill him! I just don't get it. Take Kira's life and ruin your own... For what? It's all so senseless.

It seems fairly obvious she was killed in that house. As far as cases without bodies go, this sounds like one of the "better" ones, in at least having a very definite crime scene, not just a few specks of blood, like some cases, i.e Michelle Harris, where they are having so much trouble getting a conviction to stand.

It seems fairly obvious she was killed in that house. As far as cases without bodies go, this sounds like one of the "better" ones, in at least having a very definite crime scene, not just a few specks of blood, like some cases, i.e Michelle Harris, where they are having so much trouble getting a conviction to stand.

I think you found the ONE thing that we can all be thankful for in this sad case. That he wasn't able to hide the evidence very well!

Just wanted to share a good timeline for the prosecution, viewable in both text and video formats from a Twin Cities NBC affiliate, KARE 11:

http://www.kare11.com/comments/1013600/396/Prosecutors-outline-murder-case-against-Jeff-Trevino

I also read in the comments section of an article that the specific prosecutor dealing with this case is gifted at convicting probable suspects without a body (but with a lot of other evidence). Iwill try to find a link to this information. Perhaps this gifted prosecutor will help sway a confession/location of Kira's remains out of Trevino, for Kira's family's sake.:please:

from his facebook pics that he has uploaded, it seems like he has an apple IPhone... I would assume LE can track his location assuming he carried the phone with him..
JMO

What about HER phone? It was left in the car along with her purse. Someone was seen at 2:30-ish a.m. gassing up her car and then leaving it at the MOA parking ramp 9:45-ish. Some person took a taxi from the ramp to within one block of the Trevino's home. So was HER cell in the car that entire time? If he left it there as a decoy can LE trace that cell to see where the car was driven between 2:30 and 9:45?

I know.. I can't believe it got to this. Why not just divorce her? Someone answered me up thread that its about the ultimate control but I just can't understand that. If my spouse and I were unhappy and having issues on a large scale, divorce would be my solution. I wouldn't kill him! I just don't get it. Take Kira's life and ruin your own... For what? It's all so senseless.

I have a man friend that broke down when his wife left even though she had for years told him she was not happy. He told me they did nothing together. Sex once or twice a year and only after he pestered her about it. She had her career and her own friends - and he did what he wanted to - nothing shared between them. Still when she finally left he could not accept it. He told me "I never thought she would leave." He completely disregarded her unhappiness.

Yea I have to agree with earlier posters that this roommate should be looked into as well. Unless he was out of town or gone that night/through the morning he had to have heard/seen something with the amount of blood that was found in the home. Also keep in mind that JT left at probably 2AM so it's also an odd time of night for someone to be moving things/leaving and or cleaning things. Not saying he necessarily was involved with her death or cover up but he had to have known something was amiss by how much blood was in the house. Just seems suspicious to me.

Do we know if the roommate was male or female? Could this have been a jealousy/alleged affair situation? I know the roommate is cooperating but could s/he have aided JT in some way(s)?

RIP Kira.
Nothing has been said about the roommate ... IIRC the belief it's a guy was from a slip of the tongue, but nothing more... no official info about roommate.

Referring to this person a "roommate" struck me as something different from the beginning as it implies a closer living arrangement than had the person been referred to as a tenant.

IMO roommate testimony will be key to prosecution getting a conviction without a body...

Nothing has been said about the roommate ... IIRC the belief it's a guy was from a slip of the tongue, but nothing more... no official info about roommate.

Referring to this person a "roommate" struck me as something different from the beginning as it implies a closer living arrangement than had the person been referred to as a tenant.

IMO roommate testimony will be key to prosecution getting a conviction without a body...

I made the comment several pages back that in the press conference announcing the arrest, the police officer referred to the roommate once as he. Upon further listening, it seems I am wrong. I apologize for my mistaken comment. It was in no way meant to deceive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I made the comment several pages back that in the press conference announcing the arrest, the police officer referred to the roommate once as he. Upon further listening, it seems I am wrong. I apologize for my mistaken comment. It was in no way meant to deceive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for clearing this up Steve, and appreciate your posts and thoughts on cases!
At this point I guess we can say that we don't if the roommate is a he or a she. Interesting.

"Minnesota investigators alleged Thursday that Jeffery Trevino murdered Kira Trevino, ensuring that the 30-year-old D.C. Everest Senior High School graduate could never walk away from him. "
http://www.marshfieldnewsherald.com...roubles-preceded-Kira-Trevino-s-disappearance

In this latest news article there is no mention of the roommate at all.
Appears his motive was that of a control-freak IMO, LE has not established a motive.....
:rant: It's so gosh darn sad, - why couldn't he simply let her go and live her own life!

May Kira rest in peace and may justice prevail. My condolences to her friends and family.

I'd be interested in helping but has there been any information at all released on where she might be? From what I can gather IF you believe she was in the trunk of her car when he got gas at aro und 2:15 AM and from when they car was dropped off at 9:30-9:45 AM that morning that's roughly a 7 hour window he had to do something with her. I mean he could have driven several hours away from saint paul in any direction and dumped her.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely want to help but if there's any kind of evidence pointing to somewhere that would be more productive imo.

What about HER phone? It was left in the car along with her purse. Someone was seen at 2:30-ish a.m. gassing up her car and then leaving it at the MOA parking ramp 9:45-ish. Some person took a taxi from the ramp to within one block of the Trevino's home. So was HER cell in the car that entire time? If he left it there as a decoy can LE trace that cell to see where the car was driven between 2:30 and 9:45?

I sure hope they can get some location information off the phones. Over 7 hours unaccounted for could mean over a hundred fifty miles away. Maybe he will do some talking when he figures out how things look right now.

Do we have information about whether JT worked or not?

Who knows how long it took him to attempt to "clean up". He didn't do a very good job of disposing that car trunk liner, so I doubt that Kira's husband did a very good job of hiding the body. He was probably panicking inside and didn't know where to go to dispose of Kira's body. There are plenty of woods and water ways in the area. He was charged with 2nd degree murder, which means that this wasn't premeditated murder. People who plan a murder, do a better job of disposing the body, cleaning up, and getting alibi's.

I would imagine that the BCA and LE would PING his cellphone. They looked at Kira's cellphone history, so why wouldn't they look at his?

I am going to stop at the St. Paul police department tomorrow and ask some questions.

I will ask where they have searched and if they have any idea where they think her body could be located.

Mark Klaas from the Klaas foundation says that a person is usually between 1/2 mile to 5 miles from where they went missing. She could also be located in a place that he is familiar with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back