MO - 2nd woman found dead in firefighter's home - Frontenac, MO (suburban St. Louis)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

airportwoman

Reaction score
This isn't a big story yet, but I suspect it will when they release more information. Anyway, in 2021, a woman "committed suicide" at this still-unidentified man's house, and her family and friends were suspicious. He didn't seem to waste any time finding a new partner, and this second woman's family and friends basically said that as soon as she started dating him two years ago, they stopped hearing from her.

This second woman was 39 years old, and a podiatrist! Nobody who knew her was aware of any reason she might die suddenly, although I'm sure the autopsy will tell us more.

I have been following the first woman's death and her family's complaints! They are reasonable complaints of bias and no investigation for the original death. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

"A 39-year-old woman was found dead in Frontenac Saturday in what investigators have called a sudden death.​
Sarah Kathleen Sweeney was a local doctor. She was found inside a home belonging to a firefighter, a man who has connections to another story that First Alert 4 Investigates dug into two years ago.​
In 2021, First Alert 4 Investigates exposed questions about Grace Holland’s death. She died from a single gunshot wound to the head. Creve Coeur police had ruled her death a suicide. But Grace’s family was—and still is—concerned by how the investigation was handled. In part, they say, because Grace’s fiancé is a captain in a neighboring fire department.​
...​
Police told First Alert 4 Investigates that they were called at around 6:45 a.m. and found a 39-year-old female deceased inside. They’ve classified it as a sudden death only. According to officials, there were no obvious signs of injury or struggle. The medical examiner’s office said they will need toxicology results and other investigation tools to determine the cause of death.​
...​
One of their last text messages to Sweeney, they say, was to tell her to get away from that firefighter."​

Same link as above: keyt.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the discussion about the murder of Grace Holland, the first woman to mysteriously die with this man. The first link in the linked discussion is disabled, even though this happened on July 22, 2020 and is allegedly a suicide. Why would the story disappear so fast? Thankful for the summary!

It reminds me of Morgan Harrington's mother who said there had to be another victim before he would be caught. In that case, it was Hannah Graham.

Suspect: none named

July 22, 2020 - Grace Holland death, gunshot, apparent suicide; uncertain
January 13, 2024 - Sarah Kathleen Sweeney, unknown cause of death

Sarah Sweeney, isolated from friends and family, was advised to leave her husband (?) shortly before she unexpectedly died of unknown cause at his home.

I understand that Grace Holland was his fiance, with 4 daughters, when she unexpectedly died of alleged suicide at his home.

What do Grace and Sarah have in common? There usually is a pattern.

A local doctor found dead of unknown cause? A local firefighter, associated with another deceased romantic partner, owns the home where she was found? I'm looking to put together a map ... curious whether both women died in the same house. It sounds like two homes 3.5 years apart: Frontenac, MO and Creve Coeur. Is there a life insurance policy at play?

"Sarah Kathleen Sweeney was a local doctor. She was found inside a home belonging to a firefighter, a man who has connections to another story that First Alert 4 Investigates dug into two years ago.

In 2021, First Alert 4 Investigates exposed questions about Grace Holland’s July 22, 2020 death. She died from a single gunshot wound to the head. Creve Coeur police had ruled her death a suicide. But Grace’s family was—and still is—concerned by how the investigation was handled. In part, they say, because Grace’s fiancé is a captain in a neighboring fire department."​

Keyt.com

I'm curious about the text messages that led to this:

"One of their last text messages to Sweeney, they say, was to tell her to get away from that firefighter. We have attempted to reach him and an attorney who previously represented him, but we have not yet heard back."​

What did Sarah text prior to being told to "get away from that firefighter?"

Sarah was advised to flee the firefighter, and what, she chose to stay, to unexpectedly, and without cause, drop dead at his house before she could reply?

Suspect: none, no evidence of murder
Two unexpected deaths of romantic partners in firefighter's home

Grace Holland
death: July 22, 2020
cause of death: gunshot to left side of head, deceased was right-handed
manner of death: ruled a suicide, family disagrees
present at time of shooting: firefighter's fiance
missing from scene: engagement ring
1705435888300.png

Sarah Kathleen Sweeney
death: January 13, 2024
cause of death: unknown
manner of death: unknown

Sarah Sweeney was advised to leave the firefighter's home shortly before she unexpectedly died of unknown cause at his home.

1705435977035.png

and then LE skipped checking anyone's hands for gun shot residue....

Shaking my head, here.

RIP, ladies!

jmho ymmv lrr
That doesn't sit well with me either. I'm curious whether there's any validity to the claim that the GSR tests are unreliable.

The theory seems to be that someone who is in the vicinity of shooting will have some GSR, but that doesn't point to guilt. Cross contamination seems to be the major concern. Although the presence of GSR is not evidence of murder, it is a piece of the puzzle.

Discussion about GSR tests:Interpol Review of Gunshot Residue 2019 to 2021

That doesn't sit well with me either. I'm curious whether there's any validity to the claim that the GSR tests are unreliable.

The theory seems to be that someone who is in the vicinity of shooting will have some GSR, but that doesn't point to guilt. Cross contamination seems to be the major concern. Although the presence of GSR is not evidence of murder, it is a piece of the puzzle.

Discussion about GSR tests:Interpol Review of Gunshot Residue 2019 to 2021

Further, the highly trained first responder made NO attempt at first aid or CPR for the human within his arm's reach.

Fingers crossed that LE handles things differently this time.

(Anyone else thinking about Stacy Peterson and Kathleen Savio???)

jmho ymmv lrr

It sounds like Sweeney's lawyer is speaking in riddles. Sweeney had a medical condition, which is outlined in a lawsuit related to something that happened in 2021-22. That medical condition is unrelated to a life-threatening condition that was not mentioned in the 2022 lawsuit. Sweeney spoke with her lawyer recently.

"There is information Tuesday in the sudden death of a woman at a local firefighter’s house in Frontenac on Saturday.

Her attorney, speaking to First Alert 4 Investigates, stated that she “absolutely had a life-threatening” condition. However, her autopsy results are still pending.

Sweeney’s death has so far been classified as a sudden death only. The medical examiner’s office informed us that an autopsy has been completed, but they are awaiting toxicology reports, which could take four to six weeks.

In court records filed in November 2022, Sweeney claimed she had been harassed at her previous employer and indicated serious medical conditions, including a bone disorder and mast cell activation disorder. She had been hospitalized and intubated in 2021.

On Tuesday, her attorney in that case told First Alert 4 Investigates that she had spoken to Sweeney recently, stating that Sweeney “absolutely had a life-threatening” condition, but it was not related to what was outlined in the suit. The attorney declined to provide further details about the condition."

In her obituary it states that she had Perthes disease as a child and that to this day was still very painful.

Perthes' disease (PD) is a childhood hip disorder that can affect the quality of life in adulthood due to femoral head deformity and osteoarthritis.

Nowhere did I see that it was life threatening.

In her obituary it states that she had Perthes disease as a child and that to this day was still very painful.

Perthes' disease (PD) is a childhood hip disorder that can affect the quality of life in adulthood due to femoral head deformity and osteoarthritis.

Nowhere did I see that it was life threatening.
Two unrelated conditions are mentioned by her lawyers: serious medical condition, and life-threatening condition.

Since her family had not seen her for 2 years, and had advised her to get away from the firefighter, it's possible that alone summarizes their opinion about a "life threatening condition".

"First Alert 4 spoke with some of Sweeney’s family members, who said they were not aware of any life-threatening medical condition or any immediate reason for her sudden death. But they also said they had not spoken to her in two years, even though they said they had tried to raise their concerns about Grace’s death.

One of their last text messages to Sweeney, they say, was to tell her to get away from that firefighter."

Grace Holland and the firefighter were together for 4 years from 2016 until July 22, 2020. During that time, she changed jobs and her income was paid to the firefighter. She had 4 minor children. Grace and the firefighter lived at 623 Fairways Circle, but purchased a home together at 11880 Conway Road. Grace looked after interior decorating for the new home. Her name was not on the property title.

On the night that Grace died, she and the firefighter were in bed at the Conway Road home. 7 hours later, at 5 AM, she was deceased at the Fairways Circle home.

After she died, the firefighter moved into the Conway Road home that was decorated by Grace. In 2021, or earlier, the firefighter met Sarah Sweeney. Over a period of 2 years, she experienced health issues, she had issues with job security, and for two years prior to December 2023 she was isolated from friends and family. She died in the Conway Road home on January 13, 2024.

Court Documents

Attachments

• 1705542364868.png
    1705542364868.png
    480.5 KB · Views: 29

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads