GUILTY MO - Adriaunna Horton, 12, abducted & murdered, Golden City, 19 Aug 2013 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't follow that case, but I think it might have been hard to convict him based on the other guy's confession ?
He got the death penalty..

A second defendant, Christopher Collings, 37, of Wheaton, was convicted on rape and murder charges and sentenced to death earlier this year for the child’s death. His execution date hasn’t been set.

Collings repeatedly confessed to the abduction, rape and slaying of the child, and has said that he alone sexually assaulted and strangled the girl at his home near Wheaton.
http://www.news-leader.com/viewart/20120926/NEWS01/309270011/ROWAN-FORD-MURDER-STEPFATHER-PLEADS
I can't find where it's at but I remember early on the stepdad telling that he also raped her when he came upon her being raped by Collings. Sorry I can't find the link now but I'll keep looking. Collings and Spears (stepdad) had been best friends and I've always thought he was trying to take all the blame so at least one of them got out of it okay. Both of them make me ill.

RSBM
http://www.joplinglobe.com/topstori...ion-case-identification-of-body-still-pending

"Bourne had been on probation related to convictions in Cedar County for assault on an El Dorado Springs police officer, resisting arrest and domestic assault. A probable-cause affidavit states that on Oct. 30, 2011, in a parking lot of a supermarket in El Dorado Springs, he grabbed his girlfriend, Brandy Bench, by her jaw and shoved her.

A police officer responding to the scene arrested Bourne for domestic assault, and he was taken to the El Dorado Springs Police Department, where he got into a scuffle with the officer. During the scuffle, he tried to grab the officer's Taser, according to the affidavit.

In 2012, he was arrested for another domestic assault in Lockwood involving a stepdaughter, according to court records."
Yet she still married him. That was a clear and precise warning to her that she didn't listen to. I wish all people would pay attention when things like this are so clearly presented to them. Kind of like the old saying: When people show you who they are the first time, believe them.

MOO

I know I am getting all sappy and sometimes as I said hit the wall. Typically in most cases I can push thru and do so. I am not judging or commenting to boast. I am now 56 years of age. When I was 17 I had a boyfriend for 2 years. One night he slapped me and pushed me to the ground on a public street. I never saw violence in my Family or from him. A man driving by stopped and helped. He witnessed it and I did press charges. That was back in the day when folks didn't. Had I not had that witness probably would not have gone anywhere being 17. And that time. I don't understand the tolerance and those that subject their children. Just sounding off :banghead:

Reading back through Bobby's Facebook and it hit me. On the shared page with his wife it said in the employment section something about LPN. He speaks on his page about clinicals, pediatrics and case studies. So I'm thinking that he went to school for Licensed Practical Nursing. The school should have counseled him on having convictions he may not pass the background checks and be able to take his boards and get a license, and maybe they did and he didn't listen.

ETA: When checking for Missouri Licensure I checked for him and no license issued. I guess he could have taken the boards and not passed but I'm thinking more along the lines of his past convictions keeping him from getting licensed.
MOO

Latest update:
http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/breaking-crews-searching-for-missing-12-year-old-find-body/d/story/IlJugE12Dku4qkX5vzfRtw?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"Around 2:30 p.m., search crews narrowed in on a 3-foot by 3-foot patch of dirt near the intersection of Farm Roads 60 and 100, just west of Golden City. Investigators say they located jewelry next to the location."

From what I am hearing this is not where she was found. There was a lot of media attention there at the time she was found because there was a civilian search party in this area. I think this is why it may have been reported that way. Searchers in this area were told the search was called off, but were not given a location where she was found - only that she had been found. Since then there has been no LE activity in this area. It appears from LE activity that she was found southeast of town close to a creek and not in the area west of town. LE is keeping everything as quite as they can. I am sure that they are trying to keep people way from the scene and make sure this investigation is done thoroughly and properly. Everyone here has tried so hard and invested so much of themselves that I thought you might want to know.

I guess the media is reporting it as southeast of town now. Looking on the map it looks like the creek is labeled North Fork Spring River. It would be south off of 79th Road. You have to really zoom in to see the little farm road that leads south off of 79th Road that goes to the creek. It seems that everybody has cleared out now.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=79th...=us&ei=Xv0WUpqYEYGO2gXJ9oHQBA&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA

I guess the media is reporting it as southeast of town now. Looking on the map it looks like the creek is labeled North Fork Spring River. It would be south off of 79th Road. You have to really zoom in to see the little farm road that leads south off of 79th Road that goes to the creek. It seems that everybody has cleared out now.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=79th...=us&ei=Xv0WUpqYEYGO2gXJ9oHQBA&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA

That would also better explain why it took so long for a positive ID. imo

I'm just heartbroken another beautiful innocent child has been ripped from her family and their lives forever broken. All so some scuzz can get what? Grr. I'm sick of them.

RIP Adriaunna, I'm sorry sweetheart. X

Interesting that (if) AH were found at the North Fork Spring River....

that location was one of the original major search sights...

I wonder what lead LE there to begin with? :waitasec:

ETA... JMO

Hopefully there will be a murder charge. sigh.

This is one of the tightest timelines I've ever seen. Perp only had 90 minutes. Is there a map that shows the park she was abducted from and the location of her remains?

PRESS CONFERENCE:

Sheriff going through history of case, reported as a missing child... etc.
Thanking all of those other jurisdictions who helped them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klints tabitha
Back