MO MO - Betty Alexander, 69, Sullivan, 11 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Noting:
  • Her daughter thinks somebody came in and took Betty after she went to sleep at night - she just can't figure out who or why.
  • Lieutenant West with the SPD said they have followed all leads but unfortunately none have panned out.
  • "They have no idea what could have happened to her. They have said now that they don't think she wandered off," said Betty's daughter.

OCT 17, 2019
Family holding fundraiser to raise money for Sullivan woman missing for more than 6 months
[...]

Since it has now been more than six months since her disappearance, Alexander's daughter TT is hoping to renew awareness and raise money to increase the reward.

She is hosting an event at Eagles Hall on Acid Mine Road in Sullivan on Saturday from 5 to 11:30 p.m. For more information about the event, click here.

For more information about the ongoing search, you can follow the Bring Betty Home Facebook page.

[...]

OCT 19, 2019
'Somebody out there knows something' | Family of missing Sullivan woman hosts birthday benefit to increase reward
69-year-old Betty Alexander has been missing since April, with barely any clues to her disappearance.

In just a few days, she will turn 70 years old.

[...]

Walking into the benefit, the first thing you'd see was the birthday girls' favorite colors, teal and rose gold, sprinkled across the room.

Her favorite flowers, yellow roses, sat at every table waiting for guests to arrive. As loved ones trickled in, happy birthday balloons floated in the corner.

Candles were nestled in a cake, ready to be blown out. But the empty chair in the middle of the room with a sash was missing the birthday girl.

[...]

Betty's Birthday Benefit marked six months since she disappeared from her apartment complex in Sullivan. "There has been nothing still nothing," Tolliver said.

[...]

An outpouring of support was displayed through the hundreds of auction items in the room.

Tolliver is hoping all the money raised from the benefit will be a way to raise her reward from $3,000 to $10,000 so someone can finally speak out.

"If this doesn't work, I'm going to keep pushing on and we'll just increasing the reward until we get some answers," Tolliver said.

[...]

OCT 21, 2019
Bring Betty Home
The outpouring of support and donations from local businesses and individuals was incredible. There were around 150 donations in all.

Betty Fundraiser 2.jpg Betty Fundraiser 1.jpg Betty Fundraiser 3.jpg Betty Fundraiser 4.jpg

OCT 21, 2019
Bring Betty Home
The totals are in after the benefit, donations, and ticket sales. A generous last-minute donation from an amazing person brought the reward total to the $10,000!!! New flyer, please share.

Betty New Flyer.jpg

Birthday wishes for Betty, a bit belated! :oops:

g34055.gif

Whoa... I didn't realize she was standing in the road - I thought she was just standing in front of the fire station. I guess I'll be going back to read. :oops: MOO
Yet no one found that odd enough to pull over and ask her if she was ok? I mean, a lady is standing in the middle of the road, doesn't move out of the way for a car, and is staring at the Fire Dept, not moving, but people just drove on past her? How many times do you see people do that?

I wonder if Betty knew enough to try and seek help from the Fire Dept, but once she got there, something happened and she just went blank and didn't know why she was there.

I would assume that his area has a decent amount of traffic, being near an elementary school and Fire Dept? Only two people saw her?

JUL 15, 2019
New clue emerges in the disappearance of Sullivan woman missing for 3 months
[...]

But Tolliver finally has some insight after hiring a private investigator. A witness said he saw Betty in front of Sullivan's fire station Thursday, April 11, at 5 p,m. It's a block away from her home at the Center Street Apartments.

"She was wearing tan matching top matching bottoms like pajamas, he said. She was just standing in the middle of the road kind of frozen there staring at the fire station," Tolliver said.

But Betty went missing Wednesday night at 7 p.m.

"It adds more to the puzzle now, more questions where was she from Wednesday 7 p.m. after taking her medication to Thursday 5 p.m. Where did go after 5 p.m.? We are in the middle of town, it's a busy intersection, somebody had to of seen where she went," Tolliver tells us.

What troubles Tolliver the most was the condition that her mom seemed to be in when she was last seen. We're told she seemed terrorized and extremely scared.

[...]

Once again, I ask, no one stopped to help this poor lady, seeing that she seemed terrorized and extremely scared? The Fire Dept was right there! How about going in and telling them some poor woman might need their help?

I'm so appalled right now. I admit, I have not followed this case closely, but after reading this, it just angers me! How could anyone not try to help this poor woman out?

Once again, I ask, no one stopped to help this poor lady, seeing that she seemed terrorized and extremely scared? The Fire Dept was right there! How about going in and telling them some poor woman might need their help?

I'm so appalled right now. I admit, I have not followed this case closely, but after reading this, it just angers me! How could anyone not try to help this poor woman out?

IIRC, it's not exactly a high traffic area in town. Most traffic these days is out near the interstate highway. The main fire station is out that way now and even the library is moving out that way. City Hall is on the other side of downtown, a few blocks away. But one would assume more people would have seen Betty if she was standing out there. It's also possible she wasn't in that spot for very long.

It baffles me too, Steels. Standing in front of the fire station (if she was on the sidewalk or something), not so big of a deal, but in the middle of the road appearing extremely scared? Yikes. That just makes me so sad. :( MOO

IIRC, it's not exactly a high traffic area in town. Most traffic these days is out near the interstate highway. The main fire station is out that way now and even the library is moving out that way. City Hall is on the other side of downtown, a few blocks away. But one would assume more people would have seen Betty if she was standing out there. It's also possible she wasn't in that spot for very long.
I was thinking it must not be a heavily traveled road, or numerous sightings would have been reported. Now that we know she didn't have her glasses on, this poor woman probably had no idea where she was, or how to get home. Add to that her declining mental health with dementia of some sort, and it's a recipe for disaster. What I find surprising is, if it's a quieter part of town, wouldn't someone have recognized her? It almost makes me wonder if this story is an incorrect memory, not false per se, but someone mixing up a memory with another person out walking. I still think this is directly related to the missing drugs. Not many knew what her meds were, and yet that was what was missing.

Random thought: I wonder how often a reward of any size leads to the information desired?

Usually when I read about someone getting a reward- it has been unintentional. By that I mean- they had the info- and shared it and the reward was not what drove them to share it. < anecdotal I know

Betty’s daughter and granddaughter had to bake Christmas cookies without her. They even had her “Chef Betty” apron waiting for her in their kitchen.

There is someone, maybe more than one person, who can put an end to the nightmare of not knowing in this case, IMO. If that person happens to be reading here, please pick up the phone, call the anonymous tip line at 573-860-5637, and just tell them where she can be found. Please.
Bring Betty Home

Last edited:
Hoping the new year brings Betty home or at least brings new leads!
Bring Betty Home

Please continue to share mom's picture. It has been almost 9 months with no leads. Someone out there has to know or saw something. A person can't just vanish from an apartment complex in the middle of a small town.

Thank you so much for helping keep her story out there and in everyone's minds. I won't stop posting until we Bring Betty Home.

Bumping. Hope there's some new development in finding Betty Alexander.

Getting the FBI involved seems like a good idea. The possible theft of her medication, a controlled substance, seems like a good reason for them to intervene. How is it that an elderly person has their fentanyl patches taken from their home, but no one investigates whether drug trafficking was responsible for her disappearance?

This in a region that has been struggling with drug crimes and addiction for several years. One would assume there are already federal agents from FBI or DEA, etc. who keep track of the drug trade around Sullivan & Franklin County.

How about some of the retired detectives in the area (Franklin County)? They recently helped resolve a cold case murder down the road in St. Clair. Gary Toelke, right?

Cold Case Unit Looks Into Past — Squad Has Over 115 Years’ Experience

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan