GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MR just posted that we should hear about it in the news tomorrow around 9 (am?) on the fb site.

MR just posted that we should hear about it in the news tomorrow around 9 (am?) on the fb site.

However, someone (JC) up thread from her posted that he is friends with a searcher and they have not found her.

All rumors at this point.

So sad... I hope they can tell what happened to her so he is punished for all his crimes.

1 minute on NG..

I guess I should be happy she got any coverage at all...

A similar case happened in my town and when the child was found, they informed the parents, gave them time to inform extended family members before the info was released to the media. So this makes sense to me

Here is an example of what I was trying to explain, from BrownPride forum. They consider it an insult to be labled Hispanic instead of Mexican or whatever country they are from.

http://boards.brownpride.com/showthread.php/mexican-vs-hispanic-54395.html?
Mexicans are not Hispanics
no more than Shaquielle O'Neil is an Irishman.

Hispanics are things and people of Spain.
We are not things or people of Spain.
Hispanic and Latino are White words.

They are European-derived identities.

We are not European-derived people.
We are the Indigenous-derived people.

Katydid this an ongoing issue within the hispanic/latino community.

Some are quite offended by the use of the term hispanic and only wish to be referred to as latino/latina.

It's a very sensitive issue and I do agree with Amster that in TX one does not just label any person or child "mexican" because of the color of their skin. That just isn't acceptable. Because IMHO TX borders Mexico, and when you refer to mexicans you are refering to those that are citizens of that country not ours. Very subtle regional practices.

This is just my personal opinion and my personal experience.

(also if one moves and works within a predominately latino (my preferred word) community never ever make the assumption of the originating country of the ancestors. Calling a PR a Mexican can start the party off wrong LOL (all our latino members here will get that joke). :)

ID will have to be proven? Before LE will definately say it is baby Breeann??? DNA?

With the details that have emerged it's probably unbearable for her to discuss.

:(

Yeah, hearing how he took her and suffocated her with the trash bag was too much to take even for people like me who have no children :( Nancy really takes these cases personally. I may not always agree with her but respect her for this.
She looked like she was crying :(

If the person was in fact from Mexico, why would someone be fired for calling them 'Mexican.'? Isn't that being racist in itself for calling it a derogatory thing to be correctly label one's nationality? That is what my Mexican friends are trying to say. Why avoid the correct term 'Mexican' and label it a derogatory term? Isn't that racist in itself ?

If a cop was discussing 3 potential suspects, and one was from Mexico City and the other two from Columbia, would he be fired for calling one of them a Mexican in contrast to the other two?

I worked in dispatch.....I'm just sharing what I know about LE descriptions that are used in Texas. Hispanic, Asian, White, Black.....that's all. In TEXAS, it is not tolerated for LE to describe a Hispanic person as as a Mexican. I don't know why. I don't really care why.

A similar case happened in my town and when the child was found, they informed the parents, gave them time to inform extended family members before the info was released to the media. So this makes sense to me

I suppose there are formalities involved such as making a positive ID.

It's so incredibly sad.

No, not that I've seen. I believe the discussion is due to the specific mention in the affidavit that the perp saw a "Mexican" girl on his pool ladder.

Katydid this an ongoing issue within the hispanic/latino community.

Some are quite offended by the use of the term hispanic and only wish to be referred to as latino/latina.

It's a very sensitive issue and I do agree with Amster that in TX one does not just label any person or child "mexican" because of the color of their skin. That just isn't acceptable. Because IMHO TX borders Mexico, and when you refer to mexicans you are refering to those that are citizens of that country not ours. Very subtle regional practices.

This is just my personal opinion and my personal experience.

(also if one moves and works within a predominately latino (my preferred word) community never ever make the assumption of the originating country of the ancestors. Calling a PR a Mexican can start the party off wrong LOL (all our latino members here will get that joke). :)

The operative word of distinction where I live in TX is 'illegal'. Other than that we just call them by their name. jmo

With the details that have emerged it's probably unbearable for her to discuss.

:(

that may be the case. I just feel like little Breeann hasn't gotten much coverage at all. Even before all the gruesome details came out.

Here is an example of what I was trying to explain, from BrownPride forum. They consider it an insult to be labled Hispanic instead of Mexican or whatever country they are from.

http://boards.brownpride.com/showthread.php/mexican-vs-hispanic-54395.html?
Mexicans are not Hispanics
no more than Shaquielle O'Neil is an Irishman.

Hispanics are things and people of Spain.
We are not things or people of Spain.
Hispanic and Latino are White words.

They are European-derived identities.

We are not European-derived people.
We are the Indigenous-derived people.

For what I know (and I am from Spain), people from Spain are called Spaniards, and things from Spain are Spanish. I understand that Hispanic is a term used to generalize all Spanish speaking people, no matter the race or nationality, but i could be wrong...

I just pray that having been in that white bag that they have more than enough evidence to lock this one up for life or place him on death row. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but I am just sick to death of these people getting off or getting out!

Well, not in my experience. I've seen people with the crappiest little hovels posting "KEEP OUT" "NO TRESPASSING" "PROTECTED BY SMITH AND WESSON" where people with lovely homes and well cared for lawns are normal about people in their yard.

I wanted to comment about this. I am not a yard nazi, but I do get quite pizzed off when I go to plant flowers or mow my yard and find cat feces or a big pile of dog feces that gets hit by the mower. If you don't live in the country, but on a street with neighbors-- it's irrating. My animals may pick up something from your animal just by transference in the feces. If you are letting your animals run loose....imo, you don't care too much about their safety to be hit by a car or show respect for other's property. I had a neighbors lab come running to "greet" me while I was out viewing my garden (still in heels from work). He plowed thru my garden knocking over tomato plants and knocked me down. I was livid. Not at the animal, but the owners for not having control of them.!!! I bought the property and the lot behind it up to the next street over. Many kids and even adults would use it as a short cut because the property had been vacate before I bought it. It had a detached gararge with a loft and the entrance door was ajar and couldn't be locked when purchased. If any child would have been "adventuring" into it and had been hurt...they could have sued me. So a no trespassing sign was a necessity until repairs could be made. I even had some juvenile drive a truck thru after midnight one time! JMO

I think we need to be careful about taking what is said on FB as fact. If she has been found, it will be out very shortly. I'm going to keep going on the assumption she has not, until I hear official word. Just my opinion and gut on this one.

Someone on FB (claims he is Breeann's uncle) stated that it is not true, she has not been found.....

hmmmmm...wonder what to believe!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member