Found Deceased MO - Cassidy Rainwater, 33, *GRAPHIC CONTENT* nude & caged in photos, Buffalo, 15 Jul 2021 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think they lured her in because they knew her and knew was trying to get back on her feet.
And then I think they drugged her.

(moo)
I agree. They took advantage of the fact that she was vulnerable. Likely kept her drugged for a few weeks working up to the “big event.”

I’m having a really hard time believing that she was the first and only victim.

Also the cage bothers me. How long has he had it? Where did it come from? Have they been able to trace when it was acquired? We own a farm and we hunt, so have some of the equipment used for butchering animals. There is no legitimate need for such a large cage. IMO

I was thinking the same things.
How did she come in contact with him?
Perhaps Cassidy was working somewhere locally like Walmart and he struck up a conversation?
She had no other options but to sleep on his floor? Just awful to think about.
The month to report her missing is concerning. :(
JMO
I’m wondering if Cassidy was camping out on her family’s property and they offered her a place to stay. When her cousin reported her missing, she told LE where Cassidy was last seen.

I agree. They took advantage of the fact that she was vulnerable. Likely kept her drugged for a few weeks working up to the “big event.”

Also the cage bothers me. How long has he had it? Where did it come from? Have they been able to trace when it was acquired? We own a farm and we hunt, so have some of the equipment used for butchering animals. There is no legitimate need for such a large cage. IMO
The "cage" I keep seeing pics of looks like a cattle rack for the back of q truck. Farmers all used to use them to haul livestock in their trucks.

Perhaps Cassidy was working somewhere locally like Walmart and he struck up a conversation?
JMO
A poster upstream surmised Cassidy would have known Phelps, because her Grandfather owned the adjacent property. I remember looking at a facebook page after he was arrested, Phelps family members had gathered for dinner and were saying he was innocent. There were other comments which make me think the Rainwater & Phelps families did know each other. Who knows where they came in contact with her, but you could be right. A chance encounter that took her life :(

JMO

I am looking for that information but honestly my guess is since her grandfather owned the land behind them/or the land the property was on. They knew each other? Phelps has a large extended family on FB - it seems Cassidy must have crossed paths with him before.

I also want to know how long JP has been tied to that property - How many years...how much damage in those years could have been done.

Lastly what stood out in the video of him walking into court- NO emotion. Nothing. No expression. Cold as ice. - imo -

I am looking for that information but honestly my guess is since her grandfather owned the land behind them/or the land the property was on. They knew each other? Phelps has a large extended family on FB - it seems Cassidy must have crossed paths with him before.

I also want to know how long JP has been tied to that property - How many years...how much damage in those years could have been done.

Lastly what stood out in the video of him walking into court- NO emotion. Nothing. No expression. Cold as ice.
I had it on full screen, his breathing was very rapid in the hearing.

There were initial reports that stated "remains were found in various locations on the property, cab of a truck and a barrel of some sort... Well, who's are they? Cassidy was said to be found in freezer and skeletal remains on adjacent property. ( Property owned by HER FAMILY) Maybe that seems insignificant but, it is a fact that should be included. It doesn't take any more typing ability to say that rather than "adjacent ". Also, the whole cage story isn't fitting in. If the cage was part of this scenario then WHY was it pictured in videos to public? Why wasn't it safeguarded info like the other items in supposed pics from tipster and found on his phone? This is supposedly and ACTIVE INVESTIGATION. which makes that entire property as well as the "adjacent" one where here skeletal remains were found, ACTIVE CRIME SCENES Yet folks from all over the state are driving on up there to sight-see, and news media are literally walking around within the burnt house picking up handfuls of stuff while giving their report, WTF!? There are a whole lot of things not adding up here. The thing that truly bothers me in a deep part of my gut is the way Mr Rice has repeatedly tried to condemn the public for their input and each statement he makes he acts as if " ok, that should put an end to all rumors, questions, concerns and comments" As if we have been given every bit of info. I can't recall hearing or reading ANY statement that he nor his department has made regarding this case that does not raise more questions, suspicions, or makes me feel like I can trust in what I'm being told.

There were initial reports that stated "remains were found in various locations on the property, cab of a truck and a barrel of some sort... Well, who's are they? Cassidy was said to be found in freezer and skeletal remains on adjacent property. ( Property owned by HER FAMILY) Maybe that seems insignificant but, it is a fact that should be included. It doesn't take any more typing ability to say that rather than "adjacent ". Also, the whole cage story isn't fitting in. If the cage was part of this scenario then WHY was it pictured in videos to public? Why wasn't it safeguarded info like the other items in supposed pics from tipster and found on his phone? This is supposedly and ACTIVE INVESTIGATION. which makes that entire property as well as the "adjacent" one where here skeletal remains were found, ACTIVE CRIME SCENES Yet folks from all over the state are driving on up there to sight-see, and news media are literally walking around within the burnt house picking up handfuls of stuff while giving their report, WTF!? There are a whole lot of things not adding up here. The thing that truly bothers me in a deep part of my gut is the way Mr Rice has repeatedly tried to condemn the public for their input and each statement he makes he acts as if " ok, that should put an end to all rumors, questions, concerns and comments" As if we have been given every bit of info. I can't recall hearing or reading ANY statement that he nor his department has made regarding this case that does not raise more questions, suspicions, or makes me feel like I can trust in what I'm being told.

It would make sense to me that whatever cage she was kept in - it was probably inside the cabin. She could have easily screamed outside - jmo

And I 100 percent agree about Sheriff Rice. I think he's way in over his head.

By the way... There is a a registered sex offender on the county list associated with that address. We are all supposed to feel safe because we can all look at that list and Know who is living where and feel confident in the Law Enforcement Department (s) who is diligently keeping track of these predators for our safety. Anybody else a little curious as to the whereabouts of the one listed as living at that residence but actually is not? When was the last time ANY LE agency went out there to verify the info they were responsible for listing? When was the last time it was updated info? HMMMM let me just go check the site to see ... I'll be right back

It is disturbing to me that so many men were involved in that Lebanon case. Even those who knew it was very wrong, participated in the torture of that young woman. I bet that there are many men, some who do not want it to get out, involved in this one too.

"These records are updated daily in an effort to assure that the information on the web site is complete and accurate; however, the Patrol makes no representation, express or implied, that the information contained on the web site is accurate.The information contained on the web site can change at any time, so the current residence, status or other information regarding an offender may not be accurate. Though much of the information is of record, some information is gathered from the offenders themselves who may fail to provide accurate or required information. Additional information and verification can be obtained from the Chief Law Enforcement Official (Sheriff) of the county where the sex offender resides"

Yep, Kenneth Smith is STILL on that list with 386 Moon Valley Rd as his address.
Guess someone dropped the ball.

By the way... There is a a registered sex offender on the county list associated with that address. We are all supposed to feel safe because we can all look at that list and Know who is living where and feel confident in the Law Enforcement Department (s) who is diligently keeping track of these predators for our safety. Anybody else a little curious as to the whereabouts of the one listed as living at that residence but actually is not? When was the last time ANY LE agency went out there to verify the info they were responsible for listing? When was the last time it was updated info? HMMMM let me just go check the site to see ... I'll be right back
I think it was determined earlier in this thread that that SO list was old. The offender used to live there but has moved.

Check the maps upthread -- no one would have been close enough to hear her.

RIP, Ms. Rainwater.

jmho ymmv lrr
Not even in the police statements regarding what Norton allegedly said in his confession is ANY reference to that cage and her being in it made! It does however say that Norton confessed to planning it out with Phelps and discussing how easy it would be with her asleep om the couch by the door. He said that after she was dead they took a break then moved her outside .... She wasnt put in a cage After that she was put into the bathtub. Soo when was she in a cage? Not likely shed be asleep on the couch after being kept in then released from a cage.

First time criminals are paranoid beyond logic. Textbook criminal psychology. Yeah they'll likely make stupid mistakes however these two were so comfortable that they kept text messages of the plan to kill her on their phones for months, after she's dead they "take a break" before they took her outside and did the disemboweling and dismemberment. OUTSIDE Not worried bout anyone or anything. Hell no this wasn't their first time.

My question is if the photos showed her in a cage, and then being dismembered, and Norton said she was sleeping on the couch when they murdered her, I wonder of the cage was part of some BDSM stuff they were were into and she was in the cage willingly. Maybe to sell some photos to other sickos. I can't believe she was locked up against her will, then let out and allowed to sleep on the couch. Possibly some sicko on the dark web wasn't satisfied with just cage pictures and wanted more graphic. stuff.
My thoughts…the cage may have been a preliminary step to prepare her for their intended crime. I think she was fasted for a period of time, then brought out of cage in a weakened state. It also would aid in the disembowelment if her intestines were empty. The Ozark news report linked somewhere around here stated that they had been planning her murder for months.

Does anyone know if the lawyers for either men are court appointed or private paid for lawyers? Rather peculiar to make such a detailed confession then have your lawyer report to public that you're going to plead not guilty now, That sounds like someone who is being paid to represent rather than court appointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc