MO MO - Cynthia Colleen Allegro, 31, Independence, 12 Feb 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For some reason the above posted Charley Project link takes you to a different website.

Cynthia Colleen Allegro – The Charley Project

cynthia_colleen_allegro_1.jpg
cynthia_colleen_allegro_2.jpg
cynthia_colleen_allegro_3.jpg

Allegro, circa 1982

Re: Cynthia’s previous marriage.

She married William Ronald Tweit in September of 1973 according to records. Then, in August of 1984, a life insurance company placed newspaper ads in search of Cynthia regarding her ex-husband William, who is listed as deceased. I can’t find any additional information about his death, but it evidently occurred prior to August 1984. FWIW

upload_2021-1-17_20-6-12.jpeg
12 Aug 1984, 55 - The Kansas City Star at Newspapers.com

Re: Cynthia’s previous marriage.

She married William Ronald Tweit in September of 1973 according to records. Then, in August of 1984, a life insurance company placed newspaper ads in search of Cynthia regarding her ex-husband William, who is listed as deceased. I can’t find any additional information about his death, but it evidently occurred prior to August 1984. FWIW

View attachment 279867
12 Aug 1984, 55 - The Kansas City Star at Newspapers.com

I found a likely birth record, but no luck with Find-A-Grave for Mr. Tweite. Unusual surname.

jmho ymmv lrr

I found this link, might be the body you are referring to, that was discovered, but later ruled out. Not sure why she was ruled out, as it appears the amount of remains discovered we’re not even enough to provide an age estimation. It does give a clothing description red shirt and checked pants, that is about the only helpful information, other that where the remains were found. Here is the link for what it is worth. I’m also from Independence, I would have been a child when she went missing, but we lived on West Walnut. I find it odd that they don’t mention whether the boyfriend went missing at the same time, also whether he was a person of interest or had been ruled out. My gut says it was either the boyfriend or some local dealer, that was displeased they were buying out of their territory. Would have been interesting to know what they found in the car?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This is my first post and I am a bit nervous because I don't want to say or do anything wrong. However, I had a few questions and felt compelled to post. I lived in Independence for 10 years and thought it odd that I had never heard about Cynthia. I still live within a few hours of Independence.

In August of 1983, a woman was found in Kansas City on the south shore of the Missouri River.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5298

I realize it states that Cynthia was ruled out. I am curious how this conclusion was made. The UID does have dental records. She had a full set of dentures that were not recovered, per http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t71269.htm
Is this why she was ruled out? Is it possible that by the time Cynthia went missing that she had a full set of dentures instead of the reported full set on top and partial on bottom?
The other thing that sticks out is Cynthia's prior ankles fractures. Nothing like that was reported with the river remains. I wonder if this was another reason she was ruled out.

The reason I am bring up the Missouri Jane Doe is because there is quite a bit that does point to her being Cynthia. She was located in August of 1983. The UID was nearly a skeleton and it was estimated that she had been deceased for a year. Cynthia disappeared in February of 1982. The gap could fit the estimated time. The UID was located at River Front Rd in KCMO. If you Google map the address, it is located 11 miles from where Cynthia was last seen. It is 20 miles from KCI, where Cynthia's rental car was found. The UID was noted as having dark hair. Cynthia had brown, which could be considered dark to some. As for age, height and weight of the UID, none were listed. However, on the Missouri Highway Patrol website, UID is oddly listed at age 32 (Cynthia's age at the time of her disappearance). The UID is number 39 on the site: https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/M...sonsJuvenileUnit/unidentifiedPersonsList.html

I have probably answered my own question in regards to how Cynthia was excluded, but I see enough coincidences that I wonder if this unidentified woman deserves a second look. Either way, the UID deserves a name and Cynthia deserves an ending.

I did some research on Cynthia and found a marriage license on the Jackson County records website.
http://records.jacksongov.org/search.asp?cabinet=marriage
Just search her name to find it. There is only one record that pops up. You can view a PDF of the license, too.
I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post that, but I wondered if the husband/ex husband (I could not find any records of a divorce) was questioned after her disappearance.
I searched her on Ancestry and found yearbook pics and a previous address in Kansas. I am not allowed to post any of that because Ancestry is a paid membership, correct?

This case sits close to my heart. I feel that aside from previous posters and the brother, no one seems to be looking for this woman. She had friends. She knew people. I feel like we know very little about her life at the time she vanished. Who reported her missing? Who last saw her? Who was the boyfriend? Why is Charles Rentschler suspected by Dan? Is this case even active in the KCPD?

I apologize for the length of my post, but I felt like I needed to stop lurking here and finally post. I hope Cynthia is found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot find any records to that indicate CHARLES LEWIS RENTSCHLER might have passed away, just from doing a google search. Here is some information that I found…
Charles L Rentschler, (816) 461-5324, age 61 from 5905 N Cleveland Ave, Kansas City, MO 64119 - Radaris
https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-rentschler-a0a6ba6
https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/parties.do
Did you know him?

Although almost two years later after this was posted, I think it should be pointed out that funding was not an issue. KC could have made contact with St. Louis and had them go talk to Rentchler, they themselves did not have to make a trip for that to have happened. I do not know who was handling the case back when, but the investigator on the case now seems to be more personally involved and compassionate about KC missing persons.

I am currently trying to make contact with the brother Dan who posted here. One thing that would be helpful is more photographs of Cynthia. We would like to get an age progression photo done, but the only photo in the database is the one that has been circulated and it is not the best for that purpose, if it could be used at all with the distance and blurriness. We will also be digging and seeing what we can find out about the accompanying party the day of the disappearance and others mentioned here.

I have emailed Dan through the board message system, and not sure if that will still be an active email address. If anyone here has corresponded with him beyond this forum area and has current contact information, that would be helpful.

KS
Missouri Missing Organization

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan